Author Topic: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 1 - Something... interesting?  (Read 22459 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Yeah it's nice but unpriceable as far as I'm concerned. Numbers, have at it.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
I might regret this, but let's take it and bid $5,445

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
$5,445 for the pinball machine...

Now, here's item 3. 04, this is the last choice you get to make. Announcer, what is the third prize?

A brand new tractor!

The BX1880T54 comes equipped with turf tires, 16.6 horsepower engine, and a 54-inch mower! From Kubota, the creators of the #1 selling sub-compact tractor in the USA!

Play or pass, 04?
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Good grief, you don't make anything easy, huh? I guess I'll go for it. I'll bid $9,821...why not?

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
Good grief, you don't make anything easy, huh? I guess I'll go for it. I'll bid $9,821...why not?

I like to make my games like I like the Cleveland Browns: ironically hardcore. You also missed the car in the first pricing game that was worth $39,821 apparently :P $9,821 for 04 *ding!*

tpiradam, I hope you like this prize:

It's a new Rolex!

The Date 34 features a dial in 18 ct gold, a 34 mm Oyster case, and is self-winding via a perpetual motor!

Good luck.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
I'll try $4,500.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
$4,500, says Adam. *ding!*

We'll be back to see who wins after a commercial break.

We're back. We'll go down the line. 04, you had the tractor. That tractor has an actual retail price of:

$11,422. Leaving you with a difference of...

$1,601. Not great, not terrible. Now, Numbers. You bid $5,445 on the pinball machine. ARP is...

$6,099, for a difference of...

$654. That's enough to knock 04 out, but will it be enough to take the win? We'll see.

tpiradam, you bid $4,500 on the Rolex. Actual retail price:

Wow, $8,550. This watch justifies 04's $7,000 bid earlier, but that's not going to be enough to pull a win.

Finally, we're down to Prizes. If the price of the gold is bet$ween $7,667 to $8,320, you're moving on to the endgame. The ARP of the gold is...

$7,826! For a difference of $159!

Prizes, come on up, one last time! Thank you 04, 123^3, and Adam for coming on out.

Now, Prizes, for tonight's showcase, you're going to get a showcase valued between $30,000 and $100,000. You'll have a range of $6,000 to $15,000 to work with, and if the ARP of the showcase is within that range, you'll be a winner!.

I need you to pick an envelope (1-10) to determine what your range will be (these envelopes have been randomized, so no need to read into my psychology), and also choose between these two themes for your showcase:

Showcase A: A Trip to the Ballgame
Showcase B: Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na... Leftovers Man!

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
But should I read into the randomizer’s philosophy? That’s the important question.

4 it is for the range, with Trip to the Ballgame as the theme.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
(Showcase will be posted at around 7 PM EST/10 PM PST, since I have something planned for today, sorry for one final delay)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
(7 PM EST/10 PM PST)

Couldn't decide which time, huh?  ;)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
Okay, let's just do this. You chose envelope #4, which contains... a $13,000 range! Great picking! Now, here's your really poorly themed showcase!

Your showcase deals with a *planned trip* to the ball game, starting when your friends gave you...

Two season passes to the 2020 Houston Astros season! You'll be enjoying two tickets to every home game of the Astros, upfront where the first base line meets the wall!

You were so excited to go along with your friends, but then the Astros cheating scandal and the current pandemic happened. So instead, you'll be staying at home, watching past baseball games...

on this trio of TVs!

These 4K Ultra HD TVs are sure to bring life to any part of your home. This trio includes 86" and 82" LED and 77" OLED screens!

And you can enjoy watching any baseball game from the comfort of this new hot dog sofa!

This is pretty much what it looks like: a sofa shaped like a hot dog. The sofa is 6 feet 2 inches wide and 3 feet and 9.3 inches high. Hot dog pillow included!

Once you're done slouching on the couch, you might want to get in shape for the spring season. Just like baseball players are supposed to be practicing right now, you decide to take the initiative yourself...

with this new home gym! This T3-X home gym comes with 7 different training stations and over 300 exercise to perform. This gym has a modular structure... and apparently is bulletproof for some reason? From TYTAX!

Finally, when you get tired with exercising, you decide that there is nothing better than cruising around in your brand new car!

The 2020 Kinetic Blue Metallic Chevy Bolt EV comes equipped with electrical drive unit and front wheel drive. Comfort and Convenience Package, Driver Confidence Package, and Driver Confidence II Package included!

..and this showcase can be yours, but only if,
The Price is Right!

Prizes, that's a great showcase. All you need to do is give me a $13,000 range of prices for the collection, and if the ARP falls in your range, you win it all!

Or, I'll cut your range in half, to $6,500, but I'll tell you the price of one of the five items in today's showcase. Your call.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Love the SC! So glad I get to play this one out. I’ll keep the awesome range I pulled and hope the strat that almost was to help a recent player get a DSW work here. Bid of finality, right down the line: $56,789.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus

If the showcase is between $56,789 and $69,789, you're a winner. The cost of the entire prize package is...

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Oh, I'm so sorry. That's such a bummer to be such a great player, yet just undershoot in the end. You've still got your gold and watch, and it was a pleasure meeting you. Take care.

Well, that's our show. It was a little rocky, but what goes smoothly the first time? Until we meet again, I'm 9821, and it's been a pleasure spending the last moth with you. So long!

And, that's a wrap. Next time, I'm just going to do an all Double Prices show, since there's no way that causes a winless show :P Feel free to tell me where I need to improve, including how to make easy setups!
TOTALS:
Prizes: $9,394
tpir04: $4,749
123123123: $2,970
tpiradam: $1,695
Paying the Rent, gamesurf, Plinkoman: $47 + a lemon
Everyone else: $8 Farkle and $12 in toilet paper

A Trip to the Ballgame:
Season Passes - $15,604 (If the range bailout option was used, I think it should have gone to this item.)
Trio of TVs - $9,800 (The key thing for this prize was that the 77" was an OLED, not a regular LED. The 86" and 82" were $2,300 and $2,000, respectively, while the OLED TV was $5,500)
Sofa - $7,100 (This was the meanest prize of the entire show. This prize meant that you had to bid aggressively on this Showcase, or you would undershoot massively.)
Home Gym - $7,900 (It's out of stock now, it it seems like the price is going to increase to $8,700. Not like it matters, since I stuck to the script on the ARPs on the script I sent cu.)
Chevy Bolt - $39,435 (Not too bad if you knew how much a Bolt cost.)

My observations:
  • All of the First Four came down to the Gift Exchange.
  • Binary Search is way too hard of a game, at least how I set it up. If I were to do it again, I'd double the ranges, and probably set it up so the prizes always ended in 0, 5, or 9.
  • Magic Square wasn't that bad of a new game. I kept the right ARP as the most expensive option AND the option going down the middle, which was a little cruel.
  • For the box of Honey Nut Cheerios- I got it off a website that sells pharmaceuticals, which explains why it was so heavily upcharged. They even raised the darn price, so I need to bee more careful on where I source my items.
  • I think the Gift Exchange was a great idea to have one more player, yet keep the conciseness of a half-hour show.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Fantastic first show, 9821! Loved the Gift Exchange, really unique ide- wait...

47 bucks...and a lemon?