Author Topic: August 22, 1975 (#1555D)  (Read 1183 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
August 22, 1975 (#1555D)
« on: April 26, 2020, 12:21:02 PM »

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
Re: August 22, 1975 (#1555D)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 02:22:59 PM »
Pretty cool that we've now seen all four of the first daytime episodes with the rainbow set... and not a single fur coat that week!

The most interesting part is seeing the older-colored games like Give or Keep alongside the new set. Definitely a unique and rare time period!

When Bob reveals the prizes for Ten Chances, he says "all three of these prizes." The standard prize reveal, with the first two prizes being revealed first, is what followed. I'll bet this was the playing that introduced that prize reveal. This was the fourth playing of the game and we know that on the first playing, the first two prizes were revealed in front of the doors. This probably happened on the second playing too, and then the third one was the Master Key style reveal. This is what Bob seems to be expecting when he introduced the prizes.

Also, I can see why they got rid of the contestants pressing the buttons because Bob keeps having to prod them to do it. By the end of the game, he was doing it all himself, and this was probably the last time it was utilized.

I wonder if Johnny said "stay tuned for Match Game '75" when this week of episodes were taped but that line was edited out by the time they aired. This was the first week the show moved back to the morning. Kind of ironic that a contestant this week notably watches the show only on Friday afternoons when he gets off work early that day... only for the show to move to the morning the week his episode airs. Hopefully they had an office party on that Wednesday and everyone there got to watch it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:25:11 PM by William »
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!