Author Topic: May 5, 2000 (#1435K)  (Read 1893 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
May 5, 2000 (#1435K)
« on: March 17, 2020, 10:38:26 AM »

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: May 5, 2000 (#1435K)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 05:16:01 PM »
This was the episode where Bob got a "lift!" I think it may have been the last time he was lifted off his feet.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 10:06:18 PM »
That was quite a pricey car for Lucky $even in those days. We also got a rare glimpse in the Barker era of the complete price despite the game being lost before the fifth number, which was quite neat. It's a shame it didn't become a regular occurrence.

Continuing with Lucky $even, Catherine seemed to be confused as to how the game worked and looked a bit lost after Bob made his goodbyes to her.

It was quite odd to see It's in the Bag loaded with multiple health and beauty items, which made it challenging to win $16,000. The first three bags were pretty easy, but the $8,000 and $16,000 bags were difficult unless one was an LFaT (I remember the Flinstones' price, as it didn't change through at least Season 30). Major kudos to Ashley Rose for getting as far as she did (she proved the audience wrong with the vitamins), but what a heartbreaking loss.

This Ten Chances playing is one I've been longing to see since I've seen a clip of Bob's "lift" on blooper reels and seeing that it was played perfectly in the background. Also, when I was really deep into the slotting of games, I remembered this was the final time Ten Chances was played sixth in the Barker era.

Bob interacted well with John. He learned that John was a wrestler and we got to see John's skill in a memorable way by him lifting Bob up upon winning Ten Chances. However, it looked like Bob was in legitimate pain; he told John to stay away while he rubbed his ribs and threw to commercial.

Also, this is, to my knowledge, the last time anyone played Ten Chances perfectly. It will be truly amazing if someone ever plays the game perfectly again.

Marie winning $11,000 on the Wheel was great to see, capping off a perfect second half of the show.

What a close win in the Showcase!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 10:57:09 PM »
Good episode, just wish the uploader would lay off the spoilers in his video titles.

Offline tpir72

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 01:03:35 AM »
Good episode, just wish the uploader would lay off the spoilers in his video titles.

I am just now seeing this, and I wish I didn’t have to put spoilers in my titles, but it’s next to impossible for me not to.  This moment was so rare I couldn’t let it go unnoticed and I want to give the impression that I’m not uploading just any episode of any game show.

Imad