Author Topic: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?  (Read 19354 times)

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2020, 10:32:22 PM »
my understanding is that for later incarnations of Match Game, Gene was willing to do it but was denied the opportunity due to ageism.

I've read where it was AFTER MG/HS when Gene was starting to be subject to ageism.

That's what I meant - the "later incarnations" being the ones after MG/HS.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2020, 09:21:35 PM »
First off, I hope I got the spoiler format right for tonight's episode as the season 1 finale was exciting and with Anderson Cooper being the second contestant to reach the million dollar question and the first back to back million dollar question on the American version since 2003.

With this being Anderson’s million dollar question:

When scientists tested with an electroencephalogram, which of these food items produced readings similar to a human brain?

Wint-O-Green Life Saver
SPAM
Lime Green Jell-O
Jet-Puft Marshmallow

Anderson used his Phone a Friend lifeline to phone Kelly Ripa who didn’t reply back and he decided to walk away with $500,000 with the answer being Lime Green Jell-O.

While Andy Cohen didn’t fare well with his $64,000 question on a Google Doodle question about Wilbur Scoville and thinking it was test tubes that were featured when it was chili peppers.

This season was a great comeback for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and I hope that season 2 either with civilians or celebrities will be just as exciting as this past season was.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2020, 01:25:52 AM »
More information on the $1,000,000 question from a 1976 NY Times article:

https://nyti.ms/2MxF5TO

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2020, 01:46:23 PM »
Some news about Season 2, ABC has released its fall 2020-21 schedule with Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? following Supermarket Sweep on Sundays. And according to Deadline, it’s safe to say that the premiere dates may be later than usual because of the coronavirus’s impact on TV production, nor do does the article mention if celebrities or civilians will be contestants.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/abc-2020-21-schedule-the-bachelorette-fall-debut-the-conners-moves-wednesday-black-ish-midseason-cut-one-comedy-night-big-sky-call-your-mother-1202960600/