Author Topic: Will The Price be Right?: The Possible Future of the Show.  (Read 30920 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: Will The Price be Right?: The Possible Future of the Show.
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2020, 11:48:45 AM »
If the show were to be delayed throughout the entire 2020-2021 season, wouldn’t they have to start over and consider it a revival, or resume in 2021-2022 as Season 49?  Just something that came to mind recently.

You can’t revive a show that was never cancelled.  If Season 49 is scrapped for the 2020-21 television season, then it will simply premiere in summer or fall of 2021, and every season from then-onward will be shifted back a year.  Even in this scenario, the show isn’t skipping a year, as new episodes will have aired in both 2020 and 2021 — just not in the traditional television season sense.  Absolutely nothing to lose sleep over.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Will The Price be Right?: The Possible Future of the Show.
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2020, 12:01:05 PM »
On a related note, I’ve got a question to whomever may know the answer:  What determines whether a series continues as such vs a revival of a television series?  For example, Family Feud has completed 21 seasons in a row albeit with 4 different hosts.  Not 10 in a row with Steve Harvey or 35 seasons (34 in syndication) with 6 hosts over the past 44 years.  TPIR has completed 48 seasons in a row with Barker hosting the first 35 & Carey the past 13.

Feud is interesting too in this case I think.....since they had 2 different nighttime runs running alongside the daytime ones for both the Dawson and Combs eras (and in the latter era, also 2 years past it). So you could almost say when you count those in.....(something I was actually thinking about just a bit ago in fact watching part of an episode from Dawson's return year in 1994), that when put together, from a total number of episodes and seasons standpoint, it's been running from 76 onward without a break and really plus some.

Obviously there's been several actual ones in time, but production wise they've done so many shows across both day and night that if put back to back to back to back etc, there'd be no actual gap in timeframe from when it debuted to now.