Author Topic: ABC Summer Fun and Games 2020  (Read 19869 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
ABC Summer Fun and Games 2020
« on: April 14, 2020, 03:49:25 PM »
Below is a link for the premiere dates of Holey Moley, Celeb Family Feud, Match Game, Press Your Luck and To Tell the Truth, all set to air this summer on ABC. Premiere dates for $100,000 Pyramid and Card Sharks have not yet been announced, however.

https://tvline.com/2020/04/14/press-your-luck-season-2-premiere-date-abc-match-game/
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: ABC Summer Fun and Games 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »
Pyramid was supposed to tape this month, but no episodes have been produced yet.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 04:56:07 PM »
Also of note in the article is that the Who Wants to be a Millionaire revival will move to Thursdays at 8pm eastern (I assume that's what the lead-off spot is) beginning April 30.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 06:27:35 PM »
Pyramid was supposed to tape this month, but no episodes have been produced yet.

Ditto for Card Sharks and Supermarket Sweep, according to Buzzerblog. I doubt we'll see any of those three this summer.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 06:57:17 PM »
Not a chance

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 08:23:48 AM »
There's a theory that we may see those later in the summer/early fall as some productions may struggle to get back up again and these could be rushed into production and taped quickly.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »
It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see game shows used as filler content this fall.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Blissey

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 11:39:58 AM »
The first battle for Celebrity Family Feud Season 6 on May 31st has been announced: Queer Eye OG vs. Queer Eye: The New Class.

https://www.renewcanceltv.com/celebrity-family-feud-renewed-for-season-6-by-abc-premiere-date-trailer/?utm_source=newsletter-88&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WeeklyRCTV

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 05:19:10 PM »
Did anyone see Press Your Luck last night?  What a way to start the new season!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 06:57:17 PM »
There is no good reason to stretch one game of Family Feud into a full hour. Two games in the same slot was just fine. Waiting for Steve to reveal the answers was like pulling teeth. It's even worse when he laughs before reading the questions. If they've been accommodating his style of hosting for years now, he should know what the questions are going to be like.

On a lighter note, Press Your Luck's bonus round is starting to grow on me. It's still a tacky add-on, but when done right, it's exciting.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »
There is no good reason to stretch one game of Family Feud into a full hour. Two games in the same slot was just fine. Waiting for Steve to reveal the answers was like pulling teeth. It's even worse when he laughs before reading the questions. If they've been accommodating his style of hosting for years now, he should know what the questions are going to be like.

On a lighter note, Press Your Luck's bonus round is starting to grow on me. It's still a tacky add-on, but when done right, it's exciting.

I hope that's not the new normal for Celebrity Family Feud, otherwise that show will be nearly unwatchable. One hour to play a single game is beyond ridiculous.

The bonus round for Press Your Luck started to grow on me during the first season. Why?  Because even if the contestant doesn't take home the big million dollar prize they're still likely to leave with lots of money and some cool prizes that they actually want! It's almost guaranteed that at the end of the show the contestant is going home happy.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 07:58:52 PM »
I hope that's not the new normal for Celebrity Family Feud, otherwise that show will be nearly unwatchable. One hour to play a single game is beyond ridiculous.

Looking at ABC's press site lists that the episode with the casts of RuPaul's Drag Race and The Bold Type that scheduled to air on the 14th will be one game so it could be the new normal for at least some episodes this season.

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/celebrity-family-feud/episodes/

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 10:45:36 PM »
The bonus round on Press Your Luck last night was definitely super exciting, mainly since she actually had a legitimate shot at getting the million. It's boom or bust in that way, not that exciting if the contestant doesn't get a high amount, very exciting if he/she does.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 06:50:01 AM »
If you stretch Feud to an hour for a single episode, you may as well have both Bullseye (with the rings arranged like a rainbow for that episode) and the 400 point format with two additional single questions and still have a little time left over for interviews.

Nice to see a new all-time PYL record, and I enjoyed the drama on the final spin of both the main game and the Bonanza! I'd still like to see the answer chyrons though for the question round though. I also thought of the Space X mission when I saw the UFO Whammy appear, but it was ironic since the Whammy didn't take away Space Camp that was won from the main game.

Interesting to have a detective-themed Match Game amid what's going on in the news, though I was certainly shouting at the screen in the second game when she didn't say the most obvious answer.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 01:48:42 PM »
Funniest Whammy of the night on PYL was the air puppet. (Saw it through ABC On Demand after our ABC affiliate pre-empted it for protest coverage.)
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne