Author Topic: ABC Summer Fun and Games 2020  (Read 4921 times)

Offline Spmahn

• In the Audience
Re: ABC Summer Fun and Games 2020
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2020, 10:38:41 AM »
Assuming this was the last episode they had in the can, perhaps they want to stretch it out and have at least one new week of content in August, or whatever replacement show they have for that time slot for when PYL / Feud finish wasnít ready yet

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2020, 10:46:38 AM »
They're airing more reruns to stretch the run out because, simply put, they're running out of "new" programs. It's looking very likely that the new fall season won't start in September this year. It's a smart move on ABC's part, TBH.

Its why I think you will see Card Sharks, Pyramid and More Millionaire sooner than later.

Offline jude_este

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2020, 11:26:57 AM »
Assuming this was the last episode they had in the can, perhaps they want to stretch it out and have at least one new week of content in August, or whatever replacement show they have for that time slot for when PYL / Feud finish wasnít ready yet

According to the production codes on the ABC press site, they taped at least 13 episodes for Press Your Luck and at least 11 for Celebrity Family Feud earlier this year.

They're airing more reruns to stretch the run out because, simply put, they're running out of "new" programs. It's looking very likely that the new fall season won't start in September this year. It's a smart move on ABC's part, TBH.

Its why I think you will see Card Sharks, Pyramid and More Millionaire sooner than later.

I am thinking the same thing too urbanpreppie0004. Millionaire has already put out a casting call for contestants who are essential workers and affected by the pandemic from a retweet by BuzzerBlog yesterday.

As for Card Sharks and Pyramid, as for as I know, Deadline reported on on July 9th that the former filmed episodes that day.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »
Guess they changed it - this (and Feud before, at least) were reruns (Feud had Drew's game on again).

We were supposed to get two episodes in one for Family Feud, including Kathie Lee Gifford vs. Ricki Lake and 2 Chainz vs. Big Boi, yesterday.  Instead we were treated to an episode that aired 6 weeks ago.  As mentioned they have to stretch it out, but it sorta sucks given that this must have been a last minute change.  Furthermore, editing could be done to the point where Kathie Lee vs Ricki is its own episode

At the end of the day, I totally can't fault ABC for stretching things out as much as possible, but there will be a ton of spots that need to be filled as it relates to autumn programming.   Unless some of the content not necessarily game show content has been taped already

"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck