Author Topic: ABC Summer Fun and Games 2020  (Read 19890 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: ABC Summer Fun and Games 2020
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 10:20:30 PM »
ABC sure is pushing all sorts of buttons with who they had first on To Tell the Truth.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 06:34:19 PM »
Pushing buttons?

Online Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 06:45:52 PM »
Pushing buttons?

Is he talking about the guy who was the basis of BlackKklansman? Nothing "button pushing" about that at all, it's not like T4 never dealt with touchy subjects.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2020, 01:10:41 PM »
Based on last nights Family Feud, I am assuming they probably didn’t get to film as many of these as they wanted and are just taking the ones they did film and stretching them out as long as they can to fill the schedule on ABC. Last nights show was pretty painful in how they stretched it out to an hour. Extended silliness, additional commercials, awkward placement of commercial breaks, it was borderline unwatchable as the game.....moved.....so.....slowly.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 01:12:42 PM by Spmahn »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2020, 11:35:32 PM »
I think they did this half hour turned hour long Family Feud last year toward the end, in addition to the start of this year.  It probably isn't easy to sit through the episode as it's airing, but rather wait until it's available online.  It probably made sense choosing this past episode to stretch out given the cast of characters  It was not planned that way to extend the show, but it would've been better to have two games between the popular teams.  Very odd seeing a commercial between the intros and Question One.  Same with splitting up Fast Money (though it was done long ago in the past several times prior to where the total points for the third questions was less than average if one family won each of the first couple of rounds).

Also, Spmahn, CFF started earlier than normal due to the fact that the NBA Finals, which airs on the same network, isn't happening until later in the year.  The league typically has games scheduled for Sunday (though they hadn't needed a second Sunday in four years)
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 01:04:34 PM »
No new Feud or PYL this weeks, so either they’ve already run through everything they were able to film, or they’re stretching out whatever new episodes they can and skipping weeks. If it’s the latter, that’s really dumb, you’re not going to build or retain an audience by running the show sporadically.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 01:27:47 PM »
No new Feud or PYL this weeks, so either they’ve already run through everything they were able to film, or they’re stretching out whatever new episodes they can and skipping weeks. If it’s the latter, that’s really dumb, you’re not going to build or retain an audience by running the show sporadically.

It's the latter Spmahn; they taped Press Your Luck in late January while Family Feud was taped in February.

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 01:32:55 PM »
It's the latter Spmahn; they taped Press Your Luck in late January while Family Feud was taped in February.

So then they’re just skipping weeks for the sake of stretching out the content which will erode the audience and then act surprised when the network’s ratings slide from one week to the next. Gotta love the geniuses at ABC.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 01:40:43 PM »
So then they’re just skipping weeks for the sake of stretching out the content which will erode the audience and then act surprised when the network’s ratings slide from one week to the next. Gotta love the geniuses at ABC.

They did this last summer, the audiences came back.
Networks are running out of new content because of covid (no one really knows how much they would be able to produce before a likely second shut down happens) so they are stretching it out as long as they can.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 01:41:23 PM »
They did this last summer, the audiences came back.
Networks are running out of new content because of covid (no one really knows how much they would be able to produce before a likely second shut down happens) so they are stretching it out as long as they can.

Plus running way earlier due to no NBA Finals probably hasn't helped.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 08:19:46 PM »
Not to mention that one of the two special hours was themed to Father's Day, it made sense to run that on the actual day, and the other to be shown before the book came out.

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2020, 09:34:23 PM »
I've seen a video of Feud just a while now, and did they I can see that they turned back to the old Anderson and Karn logo, and the set was a little modified too. Around when was this change made?

Offline MCJ04

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2020, 10:23:49 PM »
I've seen a video of Feud just a while now, and did they I can see that they turned back to the old Anderson and Karn logo, and the set was a little modified too. Around when was this change made?

That’s Family Feud Africa... Steve hosts it as well.
https://familyfeud.africa/

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 11:46:34 AM »
PYL schedule for the next 3 weeks:

7/5: Repeat of the season 2 premiere, with Emily's big win
7/12: Buzzerblog teased the other day that this episode is one we need to watch
7/19: Welcoming back 3 past champions from the Tomarken era, was supposed to be the 7/12 episode
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2020, 12:13:56 PM »
If the episode scheduled for July 12 features what I think it is, I'll be happy period.  This goes to teasers in general, not just this one, but I don't know if I prefer to be "warned" about possible history or if there are no hints and I just see it without warning.  For example, Wheel of Fortune about 7 years ago or so mentioned that there would be a $1 Million winner that week, and over a decade ago, it was hinted that someone would win $100,000 when that was the top prize.  Deal Or No Deal did something similar with their Million Dollar Mission

I guess I could go either way.  Not saying Buzzerblog spoiled anything; fortunately I have never passed on seeing an episode because the results or outcome was disclosed in advance (for me, I'm curious to see it play out).  However, a pleasant surprise is what made for a great day or evening growing up
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck