Author Topic: Jeopardy! Score Change Question  (Read 2464 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Jeopardy! Score Change Question
« on: April 16, 2020, 11:01:49 PM »
Has a scoring change in Jeopardy! ever affected a contestant's eligibility for Final? For instance, a contestant having $0 or a negative score after Double Jeopardy! coming back after a judge during the break reviewed a response to be acceptable. Or, a contestant originally qualifying for Final not being able to play due to losing enough money on a revised ruling.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: Jeopardy! Score Change Question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:18:48 AM »
After nearly 36 years, I'm pretty sure it's happened. Probably happened on the Fleming-era edition as well.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 11:20:10 AM »
They've usually caught mistakes in rulings, scoring, etc., very quickly, so if it happens, 99 percent of the time the affected contestant(s) will be notified before the Final Jeopardy! category is announced.

Brian

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 01:13:31 PM »
I believed it happened on June 15, 2005 (check the archive, AS YOU LIKE IT for $2,000). Hard to be sure of the direct impact, but the difference affected the game.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 09:57:08 PM »
Wait. Unless you absolutely meant the ruling was after the end of the Double Jeopardy! round?
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 10:26:15 PM »
Wait. Unless you absolutely meant the ruling was after the end of the Double Jeopardy! round?

Yes, that's what I meant.