Author Topic: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 20739 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
"Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« on: April 18, 2020, 06:13:01 PM »
Sooner or later, everything old is new again. -Stephen King

Why not do another one? Another script is ready, another fantastic batch of fake prizes are loaded up to be given away. All that's missing are the contestants!

This one will be traditional in format. Nine contestants will be picked, six pricing games, Big Wheel determines who gets to the showcase. But that doesn't mean there won't be a few surprises around every corner! Some of these prizes and games might keep you on your toes...

• As before, audience participation is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED! Jokes, banter, memes, are ALWAYS welcome! Shouting out prices and advice is welcome, too, at all times except during the IUFBs.
  • I’ll PM you when you are called on down the first time, but after that, it’s your responsibility to check this thread at least once a day! (PM beforehand if you think you may need special circumstances.)
  • All players are on a 24 hour time limit for responses. If you miss your deadline in contestants’ row you get a strike. Two strikes and I reserve the right to call a replacement player the next round in order to give somebody else a chance to participate. Miss your deadline in a pricing game and it’s an auto-loss. So please please please, don’t forget to check the thread!
  • Don’t try to google prices, of course.
  • Do not chew gum on television!
  • And most importantly… have fun!!

Now for your audition question:

Although the format is traditional, there is a theme. This episode is going to air next year during "Recycling Awareness Week". We’re looking for contestants who are enthusiastic, but also are willing to support the theme, who will come to the studio dressed for the occasion.

Normal dress code still applies, no costumes (this isn’t Let’s Make a Deal) but an appropriately designed T-shirt with a good slogan just might catch the eye and make the host laugh.

What do you put on your T-shirt? (bonus points if you actually design a virtual T-shirt)

I want to make this show the best it can be, but I also have some IRL things to deal with this week. So I'm keeping sign-ups open for seven days, closing at 11:59 PM EST on Saturday, April 25th.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:37:15 AM by therealcu2010 »
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
Re: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 10:05:23 PM »
I would put everyday should be Earth Day on my t-shirt.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 10:08:55 PM »
"Always recycle... unless you're recycling Time Is Money into an even bigger trainwreck than before."
1,719 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 10:19:25 PM »
I'll join the line in my novelty tee

"Recycling's easy. Just yesterday, went for a bike ride in the morning, then went for another one at night"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 10:22:09 PM by 123123123 »

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 10:40:23 PM »
I'm in!

"I'm here to play television's longest running reboot!"

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 01:01:40 AM »
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 08:24:31 AM »
Daaang...I have neither the artistic nor technological savvy to design and upload a t-shirt...so text only unfortunately.

"Reduce: The amount of evil setups."
"Reuse: The old prize cues."
"Recycle: Buy or Sell, Hit Me, and Superball!"
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 07:31:05 PM »
I'm definitely in on this one!

"Hans falling down on the mountain on Cliff Hangers - BAD. Letting empty bottles fall down in the Recycling bin - GOOD!"

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 11:11:14 PM »
I'll give it a shot. Because I can't think of anything creative I'll just go dumpster diving behind the studio and look for the 'greenest' shirt I can find. Or just glue recyclables to myself and pass it off as an outfit whichever I find to be more efficient.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 09:11:01 PM »
Sign ups are still open! While funny T-shirt slogans are appreciated, they are not required. Still looking for at least two more!
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »
Folks, having seen the script, I assure you this is a quality show... so you should sign up for this one!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 05:34:33 PM »
I'm in! My T-shirt slogan would be "Recycle! Because buying a bike and riding it just once is dumb."

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 07:37:25 PM »
I got nothing except: "Protect the environment or Captain Planet will get you!"

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2020, 12:00:16 AM »
I would like to play as well. *finds a TPIR logo and puts it on a shirt made of recycled materials.*

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2020, 11:21:31 AM »
I’ll join in.

“Save the Earth, Drink Beer”
CSS XIII Silver Medalist