Author Topic: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 20982 times)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2020, 10:38:40 PM »
OH, I just realized the theme. You cheeky guy.

Also yay truck!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2020, 09:41:49 AM »
Welcome back! I stand here with tpir04, JayC, and TPIRfan#9821. For you three, the next few minutes are fraught with possibility. 

In a moment you'll spin the Big Wheel. The object is to get as close as you can to $1.00 without going over, in one spin or a combination of two spins. Highest scorer advances to the showcases at the end of the show, where you can win tens of thousands of dollars in prizes!

But wait, there's more! Should you get exactly $1.00 in one spin--or a combination of two spins--you will win $1,000, and a bonus spin. If your bonus spin lands on either of the green sections, you will win a $10,000 bonus! And if you land on the dollar in your bonus spin: a $25,000 bonus!

TPIRfan#9821, you've won the most so far in the show, so you'll spin last. tpir04, give that wheel a spin!

-----

Spinning order:

tpir04
JayC
TPIRfan#9821

To save time, everybody pick two numbers from 1-20, along with the smallest number you would be willing to stop at assuming you are in the lead.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2020, 12:17:11 PM »
19 and 15, stop at 65. I'll take 11 for my bonus spin if I should get there.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2020, 01:26:23 PM »
And tpir04 winds up and lets it loose!

tpir04 is looking for redemption from Balance Game, to go to the showcase and do some more winning.

And it's coming to a stop... a 75 would be a decent score... Go! Go!

40 cents. And tpir04 is taking a second spin with little hesitation.

You're in a nice spot... a 55 would be terrific, but will it stop...

Yes! 95 cents, that's a terrific score! tpir04, take your position over there by the leaderboard.
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2020, 03:23:41 PM »
I don't see any strategic point to wait to say my numbers, so after JayC goes, I'm just going to go 1,1, and 1 for a bonus spin, stop at whatever ties the leader.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2020, 10:46:31 PM »
2, 7, and 9 in case of a spinoff. Stop only at 95 or a dollar.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2020, 12:40:44 AM »
JayC, who played Safe Crackers so beautifully, is using a very light touch. He's trying to finesse this spin by the looks of it…

*wheel moves less than halfway around, landing on the 45. Light boos from the audience*

And this spin isn’t going to count. Gotta get it all the way around at least once. Here, let me help you.

*JayC and gamesurf pull on the wheel together, with one hand each. The wheel nearly makes it all the way around, but falls short just two spaces. Boos from the audience grow louder*

HEY! SHUT UP! It’s a big wheel, it’s really heavy!

I hate being booed! Let’s double our efforts! We’ll edit it out in post.

*gamesurf and JayC grab as high as they can and pull hard with both hands—and it makes a full rotation. Audience cheers and applauds as the wheel slows down…*

95 is a tough score to beat, but look at that dollar coming down!  Go! Go!

Not quite. A nickel. You'll need to spin again, of course, so let’s do it together. Ready… go!

*gamesurf and JayC pull down on the wheel together*

Is it going to make it all the way around? Yes, it is, just barely…

Uh oh! Not that, not now!

*MRRP*

JayC, I’m sorry, the dollar came one spin too late. But you’ve won some great stuff playing Safe Crackers, and thank you for being on The Price is Right today.

TPIRfan#9821, you’re up! TPIRfan did quite well playing Master Key, and by the looks of things he’s aiming for that dollar to win some extra cash…

*TPIRfan#9821 tries to finesse the spin as JayC did, but it, also, fails to go all the way around. The wheel makes about ¾ of a revolution and stops at 10.*

And that spin isn’t going to count, either. All right, you know the drill, you and me together. One, two, three, pull!

*The wheel makes a weak spin, but it still has some momentum as makes a full revolution*

He’s looking to beat a 95, and that dollar is coming around, but it's got a ways to go...

And of course, you'll want to spin again. What’s the record for most attempted spins in a Showcase Showdown? This is remarkable. You all would make terrific Wheel of Fortune contestants. Anyways, you need a 75 or a 70 to go to the showcase. I’ll help you on this one, too.

There goes the 70… and, TPIRfan, it’s looking like once again that dollar is coming around when we don't want it.

*MRRP!*

Nothing to be ashamed about—between your perfect bid and cleaning up on Master Key, you’ve still had a terrific day. Thanks for being on the show, and enjoy your truck!

tpir04, sit tight, you’re on your way to the showcase!

------

Folks, if you want to see a taping of The Price is Right, here’s how you do it! Take it away, AnnouncerTron!

If you want to see a taping of The Price is Right, tune into your CBS affiliate every weekday morning, and watch the recording of that taping! Back you you, surf!

Thanks, AnnouncerTron! More pricing games coming up after this announcement!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2020, 10:59:04 AM »
Weaklings.  :P
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2020, 12:33:19 PM »
Welcome back to Recycling Awareness Week! We need another player, who do you have for us?

It's going to be... wpghi5! COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

wpghi5! Welcome to the show! You look in high spirits. What does your shirt say? "Hans falling down on the mountain on Cliff Hangers - BAD. Letting empty bottles fall down in the Recycling bin - GOOD!" Wonderful! That's just the message we're looking for! AnnouncerTron, do we have a prize to reward that creativity?

Sure do. Kick back and relax in your new hammock!

Soak up some Vitamin D in this Headdemock Outdoor Hammock! This hammock provides ultimate relaxation and stability with its steel frame, and it's a comfortable fit for two people, perfect for snuggling.

And, if you prefer reading to snuggling, a handy e-reader! This 10th generation Kindle has 8 GB storage, leaving you no excuse for your backlog of public domain classics you were meaning to knock out this summer. You can even read and snuggle at the same time! Back to you, surf!

wpghi5, the honor of starting us off is yours!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2020, 05:52:28 PM »
Indeed I am Surf and thank you for recognizing my shirt there! Being from Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada there was a commercial about it and I figured what would best match that and of course it was in fact Hans falling off the mountain on Cliff Hangers. With that in mind I bid $850 on the hammock.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2020, 06:12:22 PM »
$995 please

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2020, 07:30:53 PM »
$1,045
1,693 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2020, 08:29:21 PM »
$1,046, please!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2020, 08:41:19 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*

And the Actual Retail Pr--*BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ!*

That sound means good news and bad news. The good news is, you can enjoy the pleasure of lying in the sun with an e-reader for less than $850! The bad news is that you've all overbid.

Erase the bids, please. wpghi5, have another bid, but make sure to bid less than $850.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2020, 10:41:28 PM »
$1?!  :-D