Author Topic: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 20742 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »

Not often we have the first three bids within $130 of each other. A case of great minds thinking alike? Or have you left a gap that 123 will now profit from?

The Actual Retail Price is...

$1,000--LiteBulb's gambit pays off!

Well done. Now be honest--how much of that bid was thinking that those pots and pans were $970, and how much of it was that number being on your brain from the last game?

Whatever your thinking, it paid off for you.

We have a lovely prize for you--you can win THIS!

*1974 motorbike cue*

It’s a terrific new motorcycle!

Power through the streets with style, in the Harley-Davidson Street Rod! This stylish hot rod offers high-output 64 horsepower engine and 47 ft-lbs of torque! Includes a security system, bluetooth helmet, and California emission. The Harley Street Rod--a fantastic prize worth $9,494!

And in order to drive home in that beautiful motorcycle, LiteBulb88, you need to run up a very specfic grocery tab.

If you can spend between $20 and $22 on these groceries, you will walk out of here a winner.

We have five grocery items that you may use to do that, won't you tell us about them, AnnouncerTron?

*cue 72*

First, survive the summer with a 200 count bottle of Bayer aspirin! Headache? Try Bayer! Use as directed.

From Febreze, fabric spray! Don't mask, truly eliminate odors with extra-strength Febreze. A perfect passive-aggressive gift for your hygenically-challenged loved ones.

This 4 lb bag of sugar is perfect for all your baking needs.

Hungry? Snack on the run with Bumble Bee Tuna's Snack on the Run! Contains Tuna and 6 crackers for a quick bite, anytime.

And, From Sony, this DVC camcorder videotape will power all your cameras from 2003. How did you find this prize? I'm surprised they make these! Our advice--if you can actually make use of these, sell the cookware or the motorcycle or something and buy a more modern camera.

Remember, if you go over $22 at any time, the game is over. You do not have to hit the $20-$22 target with just one purchase, you may use any combination of items to zero in on the range. A little of this, a pinch of that. But ultimately the strategy you choose to use is up to you.

Tell me an item you want to start with, and what quantity.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 05:11:56 PM by gamesurf »
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2020, 05:26:42 PM »
Well done. Now be honest--how much of that bid was thinking that those pots and pans were $970, and how much of it was that number being on your brain from the last game?

It was a combination of thinking the pots and pans were around $1,000, seeing multiple prizes on this show being $970, and the fact that $970 was the bid that got me on stage on 4/15/19 :-).

As for this game, I'll start with 2 Bayers.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »
I'm glad that $970 is paying off for you! That number is proving to be very fortunate indeed.

He wants to start with two of the Bayer aspirin. Each Bayer costs...

$9.89; How much is two?

*DING!*

$19.78! LiteBulb88, you are so close! That motorcycle is just a hair's breadth away!

All you need to do now is spend anywhere between 22 cents and $2.22. If you can do that, that motorcycle is yours!
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2020, 05:49:27 PM »
*starts tuna chant from the crowd*

TU-NA!
TU-NA!
TU-NA!
TU-NA!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2020, 05:56:37 PM »
That's what I was leaning toward. 1 tuna, please!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2020, 06:28:48 PM »
The audience says tuna, and LiteBulb agrees!

One tuna is...

$1.24, and the audience is cheering, and the total is...

$21.02; and LiteBulb, you're a winner!

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING*

LiteBulb, you've played that beautifully. That was a textbook example of how to play the Grocery Game. Enjoy your motorcycle, and we'll see if your luck continues in the Showcase Showdown!

--------------------------------

AnnouncerTron, we have time for one more contestant! Who's it going to be?

Pathfinder20, COME ON DOWN! You are the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And Pathfinder leaps over the seats on his way down! Pathfinder can't contain himself! He didn't have far to go at all. Welcome to the row, Pathfinder. Last chance for a contestant to win their way up on stage, and you can do it if you know something about THIS!

*jewelry cue*

A stunning ruby pendant!

This dazzling, four prong, AA quality 0.80 carat oval ruby pendant dazzles with a striking purplish red hue, and is encircled with 14K white gold and is set in a diamond halo! Or, translated into simpler words: it's a shiny, pretty rock!

Pathfinder20, start us off!

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2020, 08:40:12 PM »
Oooh 😲 shiny. $1200

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2020, 03:09:34 AM »
Uhmm $1400!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2020, 05:09:36 AM »
$2,123 please

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2020, 11:17:28 AM »
$1,401!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2020, 02:52:26 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*

And the Actual Retail Price of that shiny, pretty rock is...

Adam, that is your shiny, pretty rock! Come up here on stage!

Adam, we've offered a variety of prizes here today during Recycling Awareness Week. But, Adam, I'd like for you to take a guess at what we have waiting for you behind those doors? Can you guess what we have to offer for you? Can you guess?

Everything in the show has been building up to this moment! Oh, the suspense is killing me! I just can't wait anymore! TELL him, AnnouncerTron!

Adam, how would you like to win...

A freestanding gas range, a high-power LED spotlight, and a fun ping pong table!

*1994 cue 1*

First, from Whirlpool, this freestanding gas range has a 5 cubic foot capacity, five stovetop burners, and self-cleaning oven capabilities!

Next, this high-power LED spotlight and output brightness up to 350 luments, holds a charge good for up to 20 hours of light, and includes a stand for hands-free lighting!

And, from Butterfly, this tennis table is regulation size and easy to use! Each half folds independently and has adjustable feet to ensure a level playing surface. You get it all from Butterfly!

Finally, Adam, we have one more thing that you may be able to use...

A NEW TRUCK!

*truck cue*

It’s the 2020 Ford Ranger XL! Features a 2.3L engine and rear wheel drive plus cruise control, power mirrors, carpet flooring, pickup box extender, splash guards, bed cover, sliding rear window, remote key fob, and Ford Co-Pilot 360. The Ford Ranger!

Yes! It's true! And, if I'm not mistaken, that's the same Ford Ranger that TPIRfan#9821 won earlier in the show, so you already know that it's a very winnable truck!

Adam, I'm going to spoil some of those prices for you. The price of the range is $765. The price of the spotlight is $48. And the price of the ping pong table is $970. The price of the truck, however, has some missing digits. Your task is to line up the other prices so that the price of the truck is in that yellow window!

If you can line everything up correctly, you're going to hauling a range, spotlight, and ping pong table home in the bed of your new Ford Ranger!

Ready, Adam? Line 'em Up!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2020, 04:00:29 PM »
 :oldevil: to tpiradam!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2020, 05:03:28 PM »
Its ok wpghi5, I know how it feels.

Let's try $25,870

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2020, 05:30:01 PM »
He has the 5 in the thousands place, the 8 in the hundreds place, and the 7 in the tens place for a price of $25,870.

Is...

he...

a...

winner?

*BUZZ!*

No, not quite yet. But I have good news, for you, Adam. There is a second chance built into this game! You'll get one more try to Line 'em Up properly. And I'm going to give you a hint this time. Of the three numbers you lined up, how many are correct?

*BUZZ!*

Well, in a way that makes your job easier, because now you know you have to change all three of them!

Ready, Adam? For the second and final time... Line 'em Up!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2020, 05:51:08 PM »
$26,490! *fingers crossed*