Author Topic: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 20745 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 10:15:45 PM »
All right, it's time. Grab yer name tags, and come in the studio!

You know the rules, you know the procedures. The studio is ready, the crew is ready... prizes are loaded and in place. Scream on the count of three...

two...

one...
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 10:24:11 PM »
*cue Walking 2007*

HEEEERE IT COMES! Get set, internet; it’s time to COME ON DOWN!

From the Host Your Own studios at Golden-Road.net! It’s the internet’s most EXCITING thread of FANTASTIC prizes!

A fortune in fabulous prizes may be won by these people today… if the PRICE IS RIGHT!

tpir04, COME ON DOWN!
JayC, COME ON DOWN!
TPIRFAN#9821, COME ON DOWN!
And LiteBulb88, COME ON DOWN!

You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right! And now, here’s your host… gamesurf!

Thank you, AnnouncerTron 3000! Thank you! Welcome to the Price is Right.

The Price is Right is pleased to be participating in Recycling Awareness Week here on CBS, and we have some terrific prizes we're going to try to give away. And here's the first of many prizes that can be won in this exciting hour: here's the first item up for bids today!

*cue 19*

It's a Big Green Egg!

This handy grill, smoker, and oven comes in the size and shape of a Big Green Egg. Space-age ceramics make it durable and fuel-efficient, with a hardwood table to facilitate airflow, the Egg produces the juiciest and most delicious food you'll ever eat. Can you fit eight steaks in it? You can, because it's Big. Is it environmentally friendly? Sure is, because it's Green. And by golly, it's also an Egg. What more could you ever ask for?

And that Big Green Egg will go to the one of you four who bids nearest to the Actual Retail Price Without Going Over...

LiteBulb88, what do you bid?

"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 11:30:20 PM »
That brings back memories! I'll bid $668.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2020, 11:46:46 PM »
$1,200, Drew!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2020, 01:06:16 AM »
*DING!*
*DING!*

9821, I think you may be confusing me with that OTHER host you met recently...

Over we go to JayC!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:09:43 AM by gamesurf »

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2020, 08:58:41 AM »
$1,350 please gamesurf!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »
A very dubious $1360, please
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 01:49:10 AM »
*DING!*
*DING!*

And the Actual Retail Price of that Big Green Egg is...

$1,499, and tpir04 from the Big Green Spot wins it!

Congratulations! Come up on stage, tpir04!

tpir04, behind those doors, I know we have something that you'd LOVE to have. Show him!

*1974 motorbike cue*

It’s a terrific new motorcycle!

Power through the streets with style, in the Harley-Davidson Street Rod! This stylish hot rod offers high-output 64 horsepower engine and 47 ft-lbs of torque! Includes a security system, bluetooth helmet, and California emission. The Harley Street Rod!

And all that you have to do to drive home in that beautiful motorcycle is balance these scales!

This is a lucky Surf dollar. Keep it, it’s yours. We have plenty. In fact, there are thousands of surf dollars in that bag over there, representing the price of the motorcycle.

In a moment we’re going to put that bag on the right side of the scale. Your task is to use these smaller bags here and put them on the left side to balance the scale.

Here, I’ll help you out. See this bag that says $494? You’re gonna want it on the left side of the scale, let me help you out--

*slide whistle*

And through the magic of gravity, the scale lowers.

We’ve narrowed it down to three bags--$3,000; $5,000; and $6,000. You only need to use two of them to balance the scale. Now you tell me—which two bags belong next to the $494 bag on the scale?

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 12:54:54 PM »
*places $6000 bag on scale*

*takes $5000 bag, bag breaks open*

Whoops, uh, lemme clean that up. *gathers 5000 surf dollars, pours in tray*
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2020, 06:59:59 PM »
tpir04, just what have you done? We had everything nicely wrapped up for you, and you had to go and mess it up!

Whatever, we don't have a Coinstar to count, so I sure hope you got close enough to 5,000 of those coins in that tray to make it count. If it's an $11,494 motorcycle, you're a winner. Let's put the bag for the Motorcycle on the scale and see if it balances...

*slide whistle*

Oh! It looks like...

It could be...

*BUZZ!*

I'm sorry. Even without including the bag itself, it was too much weight. What was the price?

You should never, never, have even TOUCHED that $5,000 bag. Maybe it was trying to tell you something when you picked it up. I'm sorry things didn't turn out for you, tpir04, and we'll get some stagehands to clean that mess up after the break!

=============================

AnnouncerTron, we have a green spot that needs filling for our green show! Who will it be?

It's going to be Plinkoman! COME ON DOWN! You are the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And Plinkoman joins us in the row, and perfect timing too, because LOOK at what we have next up for bids!

*cue Bhen*

It's a lovely set of designer luggage!

From Samsonite, travel in style with this three-piece luggage set! Each suitcase contains full-zip interior dividers and four multi-directional spinner wheels for effortless mobility, and with a built-in side-mounted TSA lock, you'll be able to protect anything inside the suitcase from anything outside. Just don't set the combination to something easy as 123.

And Plinkoman, at the green podium, gets the first say!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:02:19 PM by gamesurf »

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 08:56:28 PM »
$1,440, gamesurf!
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 09:04:29 PM »
*wakes up from a trance caused by the Balance Game graphic*

Woah...what's happening? Oh, luggage? That reminds me...I need to change the combination on my luggage to something other than 12345. I'll bid $900.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 09:25:17 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*

TPIRfan#9821, what say ye?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2020, 10:50:15 PM »
Ye sayeth the gold ol' $567.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2020, 09:14:26 AM »
Sorry LiteBulb, but $901!