Author Topic: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 20753 times)

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2020, 05:47:23 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*

And the Actual Retail Price is...

And JayC wins it!

Plinkoman, nearly the right numbers, just needed a 1 instead of a 4. JayC, follow me up on stage!

As you can tell by the giant safe, you're going to play Safe Crackers. And we have a terrific prize for you locked in that safe, that's worth over NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS! Open the safe and show him what he can win!

*1974 motorbike cue*

It’s a terrific new motorcycle!

Power through the streets with style, in the Harley-Davidson Street Rod! This stylish hot rod offers high-output 64 horsepower engine and 47 ft-lbs of torque! Includes a security system, bluetooth helmet, and California emission. The Harley Street Rod!

And that’s not all we have in the safe—we also have a fun ping pong table!

From Butterfly, this tennis table is regulation size and easy to use! Each half folds independently and has adjustable feet to ensure a level playing surface. You get it all from Butterfly!

*squeezes the safe shut*

And this safe is airtight and impenetrable. It’s too big to be carted off. It’s drill-proof, freeze-proof, bomb-proof, Oceans Eleven-proof, Italian Job-proof, James Bond-proof, Ant Man-proof, and Don Knotts-proof. The only way possible, anybody, is EVER going to get into that safe, is if they can crack our ultra-secure combination.

That ultra-secure combination has three digits. Also turns out there are only those exact three digits on the dial. Oops.

But because I want you to win and defraud our wicked ping-pong-and-motorcycle-hoarding overlords, I’ll give you a hint. We have intel that the combination to the safe is the price of the ping-pong table, and contains a 0, 7, and 9, none of which repeat.

You’ll get one try to guess the combination. If you get it right, you’ll escape into the sunset with a motorcycle and a ping-pong table. Good luck!

*Mission Impossible theme plays*

Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2020, 07:02:02 PM »
Mission Impossible theme? I can only imagine the royalties you had to pay for that.  :-)

*yells $970 from crowd*

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2020, 07:17:06 PM »
Pink Panther was considered by our music team, but they reasoned that if they were going to shell out for a single cue, might as well REALLY shell out
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2020, 08:14:56 PM »
Go for $790.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2020, 10:51:12 PM »
I'm going to enjoy playing ping pong while riding my motorcycle if I win!

Let's see.... *turns first dial to 9* *turns second dial to 7* *turns third dial to 0* $970 gamesurf.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2020, 10:48:50 AM »
JayC believes that the ping-pong table costs $970, and we'll see if that's correct. Give that wheel a spin to the right...

Now spin it to the right...

Now spin it to the left again...

Now tug on that handle...

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!*

You've got it! Congratulations! I look forward to seeing you interviewed by the news for starting a new ping-pong biking craze, going down in history with the inventors of extreme ironing and chess boxing. Enjoy your prizes!

------------------------------

AnnouncerTron, I have LiteBulb88, I have TPIRfan#9821, I have Plinkoman, and you have...?

I have a number for you; 123123123, COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Welcome to the row, 123123123! We have something nice for you to bid on, what is it?

A lovely digital piano!

Add beautiful music for your home with this Casio Celviano AP-270 digital piano! With a full 88 keys, 19 instrument tones, and total volume control, you'll be able to practice your scales at 3 AM without waking up the neighbors!

123123123, the floor is yours. What do you bid?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:51:49 AM by gamesurf »

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2020, 10:51:56 AM »
Now I'll have no excuse to not learn how to play an instrument. I'll bid $2,123 for the piano.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2020, 10:57:20 AM »
*DING!*

Plinkoman, you're up!

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 11:57:23 AM »
$1,499
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2020, 12:27:20 PM »
$1,800, gamesurf!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2020, 01:24:53 PM »
...Again, why do I feel like this is going to be really cheap? My gut's saying the glorified keyboard is just over a grand, so $1,049?

(Yeah, I know it's not a rational $1, but life is irrational :P)
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2020, 04:43:26 PM »

And the Actual Retail Pri--

*CLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANG!*

Hey! Now we're talking!

That sound means that somebody bid EXACTLY right!

And the person who got the price right on the money gets an extra $500 for their specificity!

That $500 bonus belongs to the contestant who bid...

TPIRfan#9821! Congratulations. Your gut was right, and your gut earned you some extra cash. Terrific bidding, and well done!

But oh, TPIRfan#9821, that is just the start. We have some WONDERFUL prizes that are just waiting for you to win. Tell him what he can win!

It's a fun ping pong table and a terrific new motorcycle!

First, from Butterfly, this tennis table is regulation size and easy to use! Each half folds independently and has adjustable feet to ensure a level playing surface. You get it all from Butterfly!

Next, power through the streets with style, in the Harley-Davidson Street Rod! This stylish hot rod offers high-output 64 horsepower engine and 47 ft-lbs of torque! Includes a security system, bluetooth helmet, and California emission. The Harley Street Rod!

And finally, how about... A NEW TRUCK!!!

It’s the 2020 Ford Ranger XL! Features a 2.3L engine and rear wheel drive plus cruise control, power mirrors, carpet flooring, pickup box extender, splash guards, bed cover, sliding rear window, remote key fob, and Ford Co-Pilot 360. The Ford Ranger!

And you can win them all playing Master Key!

I have terrific confidence in you. First, because your perfect bid is bringing winning energy and momentum going into this game! And second, I'm told we have at least one Master Key expert in Contestant's Row that may be willing to give some advice if you ask nicely.

We have three locks over there, one for each prize. You can unlock none of them, some of them, or all of them.

And here we have five keys. Three of them open one of those three locks—one each for the ping pong table, motorcycle, and truck. One key is a dud that doesn’t open anything at all—avoid that at all costs. The final key might be of particular interest to you. It's called the master key. We call it that because it opens all three of those locks, and if you pick it, you’ll win everything!

You can win up to two keys, and to win them you have to prove you know something about these small prizes we have.

This high-power LED spotlight and output brightness up to 350 luments, holds a charge good for up to 20 hours of light, and includes a stand for hands-free lighting!

And, this industrial-strength soap and sanitizer dispenser holds 1250 mL of gel, is easy to load, and can output over 1,700 dispenses per refill.

You can win keys by correctly pricing items. You see here, in front of the LED spotlight, we have the numbers 1-4-8. To win a key, tell me, is the LED spotlight $14 or $48?

And to win a second key, is the sanitizer dispenser $23 or 36?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2020, 05:00:35 PM »
...Why couldn't I been that on point on musical instruments on the actual show  :-D

48 and ...23? If I get one key, I'm going to go the anti-LFAT route and pick #2. If I get two keys, #1 and #2.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2020, 05:39:14 PM »
*From contestant's row* Pick keys 1 and 5!

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2020, 08:39:43 PM »

He says the spotlight is $48, and he is...

Correct! And he takes the second key from the left, even though the audience seems conflicted, TPIRfan#9821 seems to have a strategy in mind. You may have won the truck already. You may have even picked the master key. Or you may have picked the dud. But why take a chance? Let's go on over to the sanitizer dispenser and get you another key!

He says the dispenser is $23, with some hesitation, and he is...

Correct again! And you are 2 for 2 on keys, my friend, and hopefully we can see you going 3 for 3 on prizes as well! Time to try the locks!

We'll start with the first key that you won. TPIRfan#9821, try opening the ping pong lock. If it opens, you win the ping pong table...

*TPIRfan#9821 puts the key in the lock and turns it*

*DINGDINGDING!*

Yes! TPIRfan#9821, my friend, you've just won yourself a ping pong table!

Now, that means this key has to be one two things. Either you picked the key that opens the ping pong table, and only the ping pong table...or you've picked the master key that opens everything. Let's try it in that truck to see if it's the master key!

*BUZZ!*

Not the master key, at the very least you have a ping pong table.

Now let's try key #2! You've already won the ping pong table, so let's try it in the motorcycle...

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!*

Look at that! You've won yourself a motorcycle as well!

But the question on everybody's mind... did you pick that master key? Go on, try it in the truck, and let's see if you were able to make the clean sweep!

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!*

Look at that! Look at that! TPIRfan#9821, you've won it all! The ping pong table, the motorcycle, and now the truck! I'm so happy for you! A Master Key masterpiece! We're on a hot streak, folks, and we're going to give away more, more more!

Stay tuned for the Showcase Showdown, coming up next!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 08:42:01 PM by gamesurf »