Author Topic: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right  (Read 20897 times)

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: "Everything Old is New Again" - gamesurf's Price is Right
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2020, 12:10:42 AM »
That... is certainly lower!

*DING!*

123123123, you're up!
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2020, 12:45:19 AM »
$799 please

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2020, 12:47:31 AM »
$678
1,700 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2020, 01:59:39 AM »
You know, I'm feeling nice, so I won't 1-up anyone this time. $3, please! wpghi5, you're welcome  :-D.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2020, 12:40:33 PM »
You know, I'm feeling nice, so I won't 1-up anyone this time. $3, please! wpghi5, you're welcome  :-D.

8-)

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2020, 02:22:33 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*

LiteBulb, I don't know if wpghi is feeling like you're doing much of a favor!

And the Actual Retail Price----

*silence*

Just checking for the buzzer. Guess this means it's more than $1. You're still alive, wpghi5--if it's $2, you've got a shot!

And the Actual Retail Price is...

Plinkoman wins it!

123123123 was close. Once again, a case of the right numbers in the wrong quantities. Plinkoman, follow me over here! What does your shirt say? "Always recycle... unless you're recycling Time Is Money into an even bigger trainwreck than before." Well, I have good news for you! You're not going to be playing Time is Money!

Instead we have another terrific game, with another terrific prize for you. And that prize looks like a ping pong table. Won’t you tell us about it, AnnouncerTron?

*cue Amen, Brother Herbert*

Sure will! From Butterfly, this tennis table is regulation size and easy to use! Each half folds independently and has adjustable feet to ensure a level playing surface. You get it all from Butterfly!

You’re playing a game called Swap Meet. Take a close look at this ping pong table and try to estimate what you think it might cost. It could win you not one, not two, but three more prizes!

Open up that door and show him what we’ve got!

*cue 67*

A stylish digital video kiosk, a freestanding gas range, and a table & chair combo!

First, this 55 inch digital LCD multimedia kiosk is a terrific alternative to traditional print signage options! Featuring an interactive IR touchscreen, Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity, this colorful totem is the perfect advertising tool to reach your audience!

Next, from Whirlpool, this freestanding gas range has a 5 cubic foot capacity, five stovetop burners, and self-cleaning oven capabilities!

Finally, make a statement with the contemporary style of this metal table & chairs set! Containing 4 chairs and restaurant-style seating, this set is fashionable and useful both indoors and outdoors! Back to you, 'surf!

Your task is to swap the ping pong table for something of equal value. Which is the prize the ping pong table should be swapped for—the table and chair set, the range, or the digital poster kiosk?

If you pick the prize that is equal in value, you’ll win not only the ping pong table, but all the prizes on stage!
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2020, 03:04:55 PM »
My gut is telling me to go with the range... so, I'll go with the range!

And I am thrilled that I am not playing Time Is Money! (Fun fact: Swap Meet was the first pricing game win I got to see in person!)
1,700 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2020, 03:39:40 PM »
No motorcycle, boo hiss  :P
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »
He's thrilled! Thrilled, he says! Plinkoman, think of how much more thrilled you'll be if you see a Swap Meet win with YOU involved!

Normally we reveal the price in the door first, but today I'm feeling especially curious about this ping pong table. What is the price of the ping pong table?

$970. So that, means, Plinkoman, that if that range is $970, you're going to win all four prizes! Think of what you can do with those prizes... a range, a table & chairs set, AND a digital kiosk to go with your ping pong table! For everything on stage...

What...

is...

the...

price?

*BUZZ!*

No. I'm sorry, Plinkoman; I hope this hasn't ruined Swap Meet for you as well.

What was the prize that was $970?

It was the table & chair set.

Plinkoman, you're not through yet. We'll see you later in the Showcase Showdown, so don't go too far.

More pricing games after this announcement!

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2020, 04:18:45 PM »
Hey, gamesurf?

Yes, AnnouncerTron?

What has two arms and legs, is wearing a price tag sticker, and is about to come on down to the green podium?

I don't know, AnnouncerTron, what has two arms and legs, is wearing a price tag sticker, and is about to come on down to the green podium?

It's going to be tpiradam! COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And there he goes, on down to the green podium, just as AnnouncerTron has foretold! Wow! Well, done, AnnouncerTron. Any other cool predictions for us?

Sure do gamesurf! I predict that the next item up for bids will be... a nifty cookware set!

*cue 14*

Boil, bake, stir, and fry to your heart's content with this cast iron cookware set from Le Creuset! With enamel exteriors resitant to chipping and cracking, this set includes with a baster, Dutch Oven, saucepans, casserole dish, stoneware crock, frying pan, and four cocottes!

And if one of you four can predict the price of that cookware set, you'll win it! tpiradam, the floor is yours. What do you bid?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 04:26:02 PM by gamesurf »

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »
Let's try $1,100.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2020, 05:24:40 PM »
I'll bid $970.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2020, 07:17:23 PM »
$1035.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2020, 08:07:00 PM »
*DING!*
*DING!*
*DING!*

123123123, take us home!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »
I'll bid $123 please