Author Topic: FPG 5/1/20 - RESULTS  (Read 1852 times)

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
FPG 5/1/20 - RESULTS
« on: May 04, 2020, 12:22:49 PM »
After Grand Game and Switch showed up, I was ready to throw in my towel and pack my imaginary bags. But apparently I wasn't the only one to do that. Only Kev predicted and nailed Grand Game and 3 others picked Switch. Even after Cover Up, the win discouraged me, but everyone had it for a loss. 3 people got Move, 6 people correctly predicted that Tags would be the spoiler that got played. I was overjoyed when I knew that PaN had to be last and secured me a spot in the semi-finals. So if you thought you were down and out with a lower performing lineup, there may still be hope that you survived the first round of cuts.

But it's not all about my struggles of getting in, there were also some highlights. Sweeper got in just by nailing Tags, tpir04 nailed both of his picks, and 2K predicted the most games out of anyone today. The cutoff was 2/12, it wasn't enough just to predict Tags as a couple people did.

Thursday is a scrimmage that I wish were an actual game since Friday was never taped. Still want everyone to play it (think of it as redemption if you didn't do so hot), but it doesn't count towards the playoffs. Our next playoff game is May 15th and I hope to see you all at both games. Stay safe.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FPG 5/1/20 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 08:07:45 PM »
Yikes, I just wiped out on this one, I got basically nothing right (wrong choices on the tossups of Dice/Cover, Clock/Move, Pa#/DP, and of course the spoiled game). Like the NFL playoff loss for a team, a sudden end.

I'll see you all next season, whenever we're out of the woods of you-know-what.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FPG 5/1/20 - RESULTS
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 10:02:26 PM »
Holy smokes, I thought for sure I was a goner.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024