Author Topic: tpiradam's Price is Right - Challenge Mode  (Read 22032 times)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Challenge Mode
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2020, 06:26:09 PM »
He's being brave and spinning again! Ohh this could be pretty good if it stops. Please stop!...

*MRRRRRRRRRRP*

Aw it went on and you've gone over. Thank you gamesurf. LiteBulb88 is up! Wow what a spin! That will have no problem getting all the way around. Does it have enough oomph to get to that dollar though?

Not quite but 70 is a decent score and it looks like he'll settle on that. wpghi5 has spend the whole show in Contestant's Row, let's see if he can knock it out of the park with the big wheel here...

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2020, 08:46:48 PM »
Let's see indeed Adam! How about 19 and 9. Of course with LiteBulb having 70 there I don't have a choice. Lol!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2020, 08:58:49 PM »
Looking to beat 70 cents. Here comes that dollar a little too fast but let's see where it stops...

80 cents! That beats 70 and puts you into the Showcase! All that time spent in contestant's row looks like its finally paying off! Showcases are coming up after this!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Challenge Mode - SHOWCASES
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2020, 09:17:19 PM »
It is Showcase time here on The Price is Right!

Top winner in today's Showcase: TPIRfan#9821! Runner up: wpghi5! Each of you will have the chance to bid on a Showcase full of fantastic prizes. The one of you who bids closest to the actual retail price of your own Showcase will win it. However, if you should be the winner and be $250 or less away from your own Showcase, you will win both Showcases! Now TPIRfan#9821, as the top winner you have the pleasure of bidding on the first Showcase or passing it to wpghi5 and bidding on the second Showcase. Now with all that info swimming around in your head, let's take a look at that first Showcase!...

GA: This Showcase is filled with prizes designed to make your life EASY! And it starts with this collection of robotic appliances!

A collection of five home appliances including the Roomba s9 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum, Braava Jet m6 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Mop, Husqvarna 18V Automower 310 Robotic Lawn Mower, Nest Learning Thermostat and Polaris P9650iQ 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner with iAqualink Controls! Each of these 'smart' devices can easily be controlled with the simplicity of an app on your phone meaning the most challenging of chores can be handled without having to leave the couch!

Next if robots aren't your think, try reading up with this selection of how-to books!

A collection of 18 'Books for Dummies' with topics covering everything from Auto Repair, Yoga, Knitting, Cannabis and more!

And finally, navigate the daily woes of traffic with this economical new car!

The 2020 Chevrolet Spark LS! Comes with standard equipment including FWD and Automatic CVT Transmission plus these options: Caribbean Blue Body Colour, Floor Mats Package, Engine Block Heater and Cargo Net!

And this Showcase designed to make your life easier can be yours IF The Price is Right!

TPIRfan#9821, do you wish to bid or pass on that Showcase?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2020, 10:20:54 PM »
...Hold on, I'm getting a feeling of deja vu. I thought I was the one who tried to give you a Chevy Spark? Maybe it was two Chevy Sparks? I remember something about you missing a target by five bucks with something relating to options, and a Hot Wheels car...? :P

I can tell you the base MSRP on a vanilla Spark LS is $14,065, upgrading to automatic is another $1,100, premium paint is $395 (Caribbean Blue and Orange Burst cost the same amount), floor mats are $250 (unless they added another package recently, it's the Winter/Summer Floor Mat Package I had), engine block heater is $100 (although it might be $50, but I might be confusing it with something else), and the cargo net is $70.

Can I just pass the other parts of the showcase to wpghi5 and only bid on the car? :P

I'll bidding $19,999. I do think the electronics are pricey, but this is challenge mode we're talking about  8-)
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2020, 10:33:39 PM »
He'll bidding $19,999 on that Showcase.

*DING*

There we go. wpghi5, the second Showcase is for you. Have a look:

GA: This Showcase is full of life's little challenges. We will start with a vintage-style dial telephone!

The Cole & Grey Royal Telephone features a timeless design and old-fashioned rotary dialing!

Next, give your mind and your fingers a workout with this set of challenging toys!

Lego presents their Star Wars collection featuring the Millennium Falcon, Imperial Star Destroyer and Death Star to build your own mini replica Star Wars set in the comfort of your own home!

And finally, we hope you'll enjoy the challenge of driving, this new TRUCK!

The 2020 Voodoo Blue Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab! Comes with standard equipment including a six speed MANUAL transmission!

And this Showcase full of life's little challenges can be yours IF The Price is Right!

wpghi5 you have another shot at a set of wheels. What say you?

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2020, 10:57:01 PM »
My bids from home: $21,012/$27,372.

On SC1, I just barely want to cover that $251ish area if the ending ARP rule were to apply, but I'm (obviously) acting upon the assumption it likely isn't. SC2 notably features the Millenium Falcon LEGO set, which my trivia days tell me has a set variation with THE most pieces of any public set, ever. But I'm not convinced it's this one. I think those are deceptively looking in price. Not as much you'd think given the massive sizes of the sets, y'know?
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2020, 11:44:40 PM »
***PEANUT GALLERY***

No clue about most of the showcase (I'd say $1,000 to $1,500 for the Lego Star Wars stuff and $200 for the phone as a complete guess), but if the truck is a base level SR 4x4, I would suggest ~$29,000 to $30,000 for the truck.  If it's supposed to be a TRD Off-Road like the image suggests, I would suggest high 30s or possibly even low 40s for the truck instead.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2020, 12:21:13 AM »
Well unlike my opponent here who likes to be "lengthy" in his setup for a bid I am just going to keep it short and simple and say $25,000.  :-?

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2020, 12:33:32 AM »

*DING*

$25,000 for wpghi5, $19,999 for TPIRfan#9821. We will find out the results right after this!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Challenge Mode THE END
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2020, 12:45:08 AM »
TPIRfan#9821 bid $19,999 on his Showcase, and the actual retail price is...

$22,981! Not bad! A difference of...

*DING*

$2,982. Over I go to wpghi5. You must be closer than $2,982 without going over in order to win your Showcase. As you will recall your bid is $25,000. wpghi5, the actual retail price of your Showcase is...

$43,946! A difference of...

$18,946! TPIRfan#9821 wins!!!!!!

Congratulations TPIRfan#9821! You've won $25,881 in prizes! This is tpiradam reminding you help control the pet population! Have your pets spayed or neutered. Goodnight everybody!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2020, 12:55:31 AM »
That was actually a lot of fun to do. Thank you to all who participated especially as members of the peanut gallery. If you didn't get picked for this show please do try out for my next one. There was no favouritism or anything when it came to choosing I basically went with what I felt were the best and most thought out answers to my question and if there was a repeat answer it was first come first serve. Here's a rundown of the winnings:

TPIRFan9821 ($25,881)
Prizes ($5,800)
wpghi5 ($1,591)
patrickrox80 ($1,200)
LiteBulb88 ($874)
gamesurf ($500)
Plinkoman ($300)
123123123 ($300)
geniusinmath ($300)
Jayprice05 ($300)
tpir04 ($300)
JayC ($300)

Now for a rundown about the show itself. I was inspired from earlier HYO shows that were 'evil' or 'mean'. I wanted to do something similar without giving the preface of it being 'evil'. The setups were challenging yes but not as challenging as they seemed:

Triple Play: All the correct choices were the last price therefore giving the biggest spread for the vehicle's ARP
Bargain Game: Y'all had it basically figured out with the differences bravo!
It's In the Bag: It was not set up to be fully won. My goal was to make the $1,000 an easy giveaway and hope someone would bail therefore guaranteeing them the $1,000
Take Two: The winning combo was the first two prizes.
Bonus Game: It was a crapshoot basically but by putting the bonus in the last window I hoped that that would've been the easiest of the four and had that been the only one right make for an exciting win.
Money Game: Nothing really easy about this one it was meant to be mean  :-D

Showcases: TPIRfan#9821 was a little bit low on the price of the spark but I feel if he had it in Canadian prices as all my shows are he may have gotten even closer. As for the Tacoma base price for the base model in Canada hovers around $40K and the picture was taken directly from the build and price website so what you saw was the actual model. Good on GameShowFan9001 for sleuthing that detail out.

It will be a little while before my next show as thankfully this one wrapped up when it did as I was surprised to find out this morning I go back to work next week with longer hours for the next two weeks leaving me little leisure time like the past 8 weeks. For my next show I plan to do a throwback to a year in the past featuring games AND PRIZES from that year so I hope that one works out. In the meantime thank you again to all who participated and I hope y'all stay safe and healthy!

Prizes provided by:
Wayfair
SportChek
HomeFit
Costco
IKEA
World Book
Mitsubishi Canada
Hyundai Canada
Ford Canada (EcoSport was $27,099)
Rona
Lowes
Your Independent Grocer
Honda Motorsports Canada
Amazon
Eternity Rose
Famous Smoke
Bed Bath & Beyond
Chevrolet Canada
Canadian Tire
Pioneer Family Pools
dummies.com
Lego
Toyota Canada

Showcase 1:
Roomba s9 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum ($1,150),  Braava Jet m6 Wi-Fi Connected Robot Mop ($650), Husqvarna 18V Automower 310 Robotic Lawn Mower ($1,700), Nest Learning Thermostat ($330) (per Canadian Tire), Polaris P9650iQ 4WD Robotic Pool Cleaner with iAqualink Controls ($1,629 per Pioneer Family Pools)
For Dummies Collection of Books (Art History $25, Auto Repair $23, Marketing $27, Windows 10 $40, Cooking Basics $23, Knitting $25, SAT Practice Questions $27, Electronics $40, Yoga $20, Card Games $17, Solar Power $20, Cannabis $27, Beekeeping $23, Clarinet $22, Potty Training $15, Dog Training $23, Astrology $22, Baseball $23) (Per dummies.com) (TOTAL $419)
2020 Chevrolet Spark FWD LS CVT (std, Caribbean Blue, Floor Mats Package, Engine Block Heater, Cargo Net) ($17,103 per Chevrolet)

Showcase 2:
Cole & Grey Royal Telephone ($246 per Wayfair)
Collection of Star Wars Lego Toys (Millennium Falcon $900, Imperial Star Destroyer $850, Death Star $600) (Per Lego)
2020 Voodoo Blue Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab 6M (std) ($41,350 per Toyota)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:59:11 AM by tpiradam »

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2020, 08:12:44 AM »
Very enjoyable show, tpiradam. While all the games were definitely harder, nothing seemed flat out impossible (except Money Game  :-))

Can't wait to see what you have in store for your next show