Author Topic: Baltimore Ravens Release Their 2020 Schedule Using Game Shows (Past & Present)  (Read 2587 times)

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157385591916229&id=92774416228&d=null&vh=e - The NFL's Baltimore Ravens pulled out all the stops for their 2020 schedule release announcement video. ZOMG. (It is also Price is Right related as...... it's featured in this vid, alongside with many other game shows!)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 06:30:37 PM by therealcu2010 »

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Look What the Baltimore Ravens Did!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 06:20:05 PM »
That was awesome! Here's the link for people not on a mobile device:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157385591916229&id=92774416228&d=null&vh=e

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Changing the title because of clickbait.

This is fantastic. Whoever did this deserves an award.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
All right, fess up, who here secretly works in Ravens marketing?

That was phenomenal. I can't imagine how many hours of editing that took to make.

The nods to obscure shows and B&W classics were a nice touch. You can tell whoever edited that wasn't just putting it together for a job; they really wanted to do the genre right and scoured through hours of footage to find those clips.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
That was beautiful. The big presence TPiR had in it was great, but when Where in the World is Carman Sandiego and Legends of the Hidden Temple showed up, the nostagia hit me hard. :-)   

Is there some inside joke the Ravens would have for such an oddball reveal or is it really a case of a marketing team having way too much time on their hands. I'm a casual Giants fan, so I wouldn't know too much about it.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Quite a few sports marketing have really stepped up their social media game the last few years--just a case of getting passionate people who want to make content that stands out.

For other schedule reveals, Denver Broncos did a 1258539645236740098[/tweet]]Full House parody, the 49ers 1258539658830426112[/tweet]]recreated the intro to Westworld,, and the Titans got a former Disney animator to 1258539611414036481[/tweet]]direct and animate an original cartoon.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
That was too damn amazing. I am absolutely floored.

(Since the video is at times hard to pause at exact images, I took a look and the video is also on YouTube where it can be played back at up to 1/4 its normal speed, for an easier ability to pause. A link for your convenience.)  :-)

Also, could someone help in identifying these screenshots? I cannot place them at all. Thanks.

CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
^
#1 Press Your Luck
#2 Louie Anderson Family Feud
#3 Weakest Link (UK)

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
#2 looks more like Tom Bergeron's Hollywood Squares (sometime in the first two years) to me.

Offline MCJ04

• In the Audience
The Ravens have game show connections already...
longtime coach Brian Billick was a contestant on Match Game PM in 1977; and their current Defensive Coordinator is Don Martindale - who goes by Wink.

Offline dagdoggnh

#2 looks more like Tom Bergeron's Hollywood Squares (sometime in the first two years) to me.

It is indeed HS(Bergeron).

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
After reviewing the video, I just realized...there isn't a single recognizable clip of Barker Price anywhere in the montage. Sure there are clips with Drew but nothing for Bob. Wonder why that is?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
They lost all credibility by including "The Wall"
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.