Author Topic: Rich Fields Coming Back?  (Read 2773 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kslingo

  • Outside in Line
  • *
  • Posts: 19
Rich Fields Coming Back?
« on: May 11, 2020, 10:40:17 PM »
Rich has recently been posting that he has a HUGE announcement that he is making June 1....

Could he be returning to Price is Right at least while George is out on recovery???

His podcast is mysteriously deleted, like he had to sign a NDA to delete them or something..... Hmmmmmmm...

All the comments on his page are related to him "coming back" to TPIR... What are your thoughts???

Might I also add that he has liked or hearted all comments related to TPIR could be another clue....

https://www.facebook.com/RichFieldsTV/photos/a.1323816124316800/3213608378670889/?type=3&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAWEse2neYJsuKBoBvOHtGvW4W1aL5xjjGMM_656z6xiVUUa9j8_M4Hc6Me1VWFyNJp_MV0PkE3NNd2O_ZiHWvsL6hD2WZFBwhUJWtcvVzwkDll1m9fMTmGatZsnRXw9NhTjtzaYdfFKSD1RlDCSZRfVQxUCUZIgIoKYC_3mctCFr1-pxFqXuqWeOba2DgiuNOHufHsxe5l9udGCPYY5oU5PoyDib2hEYpSyIOWMY5lCjNShs0CiOPCLu9mD3DadjGaw-PgjaQohKyobY0GINKVxXR0l2nPtCkil2q-fh1sRGxI3OGSIo2JsjsdfOkWp6EcE97bAgJRsotsoZ64hx3JRlWN&__tn__=-R

Offline SamJ93

  • Taking a Bonus Spin
  • *****
  • Posts: 508
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:43:44 PM »
Production of TPiR is still suspended due to coronavirus, and Rich apparently did not leave the show on the best of terms, to say the least.

So I'd say it's pretty unlikely.

Offline EvilChameleon

  • In Contestant's Row
  • ***
  • Posts: 175
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 10:52:09 PM »
Yeah, if production wasn't currently shut down, I'd entertain the idea of him replacing George while he recovers, but seeing as that isn't the case...

Offline Roadgeek Adam

  • Moderator
  • *******
  • Posts: 3371
  • I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 11:02:14 PM »
Yeah, I find it insanely likely as a $4 billion wad of money come crashing on my head.
Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.

CSS Season 14 Cash: $729,601
CSS Season 15 Cash: $888,251 - All time CSS high for myself in 8 years.
CSS Season 16 Cash: $286,480

Offline pricefan18

  • Double Showcase Winner
  • ******
  • Posts: 1216
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 11:16:05 PM »
Production of TPiR is still suspended due to coronavirus, and Rich apparently did not leave the show on the best of terms, to say the least.

So I'd say it's pretty unlikely.

That was quite some years ago now though too with regards to the latter point, not to mention a whole executive producer ago, since Mike Richards has left the show in the interim time. So if time heals all wounds.....whose to say he couldn't be whenever the show returned to production?

Offline JhayPrice

  • In Contestant's Row
  • ***
  • Posts: 144
  • The TYPICAL Mike setup.
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 04:41:35 AM »
It would be awesome to hear his great voice durimg contestant calldowns... But after our current situation (when the productions resume), it's really not clear if the staff would go with Rich retaking the announcer podium after 10 years, while George is recovering.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

  • Walking the Golden Road
  • ****
  • Posts: 364
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 08:18:30 AM »
I have a feeling that his "big announcement" is that he's moved to another radio station. He made an announcement that he got let go from Q105 not that long ago, so it would make a heck of a lot more sense than him coming back to TPiR. The reason he probably got rid of the podcast is because it was with one of the other DJs at his old station.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline Torgo

  • TPiR Alumnus
  • *
  • Posts: 1853
  • 01/26/15
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 01:25:35 PM »
Yeah, I find it insanely likely as a $4 billion wad of money come crashing on my head.

The latter might help you believe Rich is coming back, though.
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II); G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.
Quote from: bobbingforapples
Why was he unbanned? He hasn't changed.

Offline Reloaden

  • Taking a Bonus Spin
  • *****
  • Posts: 725
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 02:01:35 PM »
I won't be surprised if Rich returns on tv doing the weather.

The Price is Right probably could snag Jonathan from LMAD or use one of the guys who audition for the show.

Offline therealcu2010

  • Director
  • **********
  • Posts: 5469
  • Best in the World
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 02:47:58 PM »
Why anyone would even want Rich back as announcer is beyond me. Seriously, aside from about two or so years during the middle of his run, he wasn't good. He's not coming back. That, and production remains suspended due to COVID-19, and at this point it could be months before production even picks up again, meaning that by the time that happens, George should be good to go.

It's likely he's got another radio gig, or got another TV weatherman gig.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online gamesurf

  • Taking a Bonus Spin
  • *****
  • Posts: 716
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 04:27:59 PM »
Production remains suspended due to COVID-19, and at this point it could be months before production even picks up again, meaning that by the time that happens, George should be good to go.

If current trends are holding for L.A, it’s definitely more than “could be”. Los Angeles County just announced stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for another three months.

Absolutely not anything related to production that can be ready to announce by June 1, at the very least.

I’m no doctor, and this should absolutely not be taken as medical advice, but a quick google for “heart surgery recovery time” suggests most patients can get back to everyday activities after 8-10 weeks. There is no way the show can resume production that quickly. George will be fine by the time the show needs him again, knock on wood.

99% odds whatever Rich is hyping isn’t Price-related. The other 1% is some unofficial project like the Perfect Bid documentary.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline PriceFan07

  • Taking a Bonus Spin
  • *****
  • Posts: 995
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 12:08:09 PM »
Anyone think maybe he's been tapped to host or announce a couple TPiR Live shows when they return to doing their thing?
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Gwendolyn Osbourne-Smith! Manuela Arbelaez! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline Thatgameshowguy

  • Walking the Golden Road
  • ****
  • Posts: 364
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 12:34:10 AM »
Anyone think maybe he's been tapped to host or announce a couple TPiR Live shows when they return to doing their thing?
He's gone on record saying he doesn't want to be involved with TPiR Live because he wants people to remember him from the real deal.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline UltraPrice

  • Double Showcase Winner
  • ******
  • Posts: 1376
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 02:29:53 AM »
Was it ever revealed why Rich got fired by Mike Richards?

Offline JhayPrice

  • In Contestant's Row
  • ***
  • Posts: 144
  • The TYPICAL Mike setup.
Re: Rich Fields Coming Back?
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 08:35:37 AM »
Rich just said on his statement before that Mike said that he's going in a new direction for the show, and wanted to make the show "a variety show within a game show."