Author Topic: "Lose A Turn"  (Read 1932 times)

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
"Lose A Turn"
« on: May 18, 2020, 06:05:58 AM »
Has Bob enforced the 10-second rule on Ten Chances during the later years of his era? I might as well ask, did Drew even enforce this rule early on during his first few seasons? Finally, would the contestant just move on to the next chance if he/she lost her turn? 4

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: "Lose A Turn"
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 11:29:13 AM »
I've seen at least two separate occasions during the 80s where the 10 second rule was enforced. The contestant failed to finish their guess within the 10 seconds and a buzzer was sounded. I don't think the rule has really been enforced since Drew became host.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 01:07:01 PM »
Makes sense it wouldn't be enforced (or needed) as much now, given the ways they edit the show that weren't usually done years back.

They can always edit out time if someone takes longer to make a guess, so there isn't really a reason to limit what time they do take.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 01:18:14 PM »
The way the show is edited now, everyone will be allowed to take as much time as they feel on a chance, and it will just be edited. don't think Drew ever enforced this "rule".
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 02:17:22 PM »
I honestly recall just one time ... was on a 1979-1980 episode that I saw as a rerun on GSN. IIRC, the car being played for was the Ford Pinto hatchback. ... in its final year on the market, BTW.

That being said, I've always wondered if a contestant lost two (or more) turns playing the game. I don't think so, of course, but I have always pictured that happening ... a contestant who is either completely stumped or is nervous and can't figure out what to do and it costs him/her.

Brian