Author Topic: FPG 5/15/20 - RESULTS  (Read 2018 times)

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
FPG 5/15/20 - RESULTS
« on: May 20, 2020, 10:54:20 AM »
Well, the spoilers didn't show up Friday, or Monday, but they appeared on Tuesday.

I have to apologize. After doing some research (looking up audience photos on Facebook), I learned that the shows taped March 2nd aired Tuesday May 19 and Thursday May 21. The shows that aired Fri/Mon taped March 3rd and, for completion's sake, Wed/Friday the 22th taped March 4th.

I should've been more diligent in making sure that the spoilers were actually going to air that day and been more weary of the calendar. It's so out of date that this was bound to happen at some point. Don't blame the spoilers, blame the calendar.

I'm not sure how high-scoring these games would've been even if they didn't show up. Gas, Time and Check were all weird together and there was no SP. We're still missing a show and didn't know what they had planned for it, people might have picked differently if that show had ever taped. Still, I know those spoilers cost people some slots and potentially could shake up the results since nearly everyone picked at least 1 spoiled game.

3/11 was the cutoff point, so unless you got really lucky like Kev did with Time, you were going to need two games. By the way, Wayoshi would've scored 2/10 and would not have qualified.

I'm not pleased with how this turned out, but I think the best solution is to just move on. It was the show that was supposed to air there and playing the spoiler game was a risk. Hopefully we should be free from spoilers for the Finals, so let's focus on the future and make sure we kill it out there on Friday. See you all then.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:58:41 AM by OneBidTris »

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FPG 5/15/20 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 07:59:27 PM »
Womp womp. There goes my chance of a dynasty.

Good on Cephas for ignoring all potential spoilers!
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 09:48:32 PM »
No, I did not realize that the tape/air dates had been switched around...it just seemed too early for NoT and Roo in my opinion.

Good luck to all the fellow finalists! Hopefully it'll be a normal, spoiler-free finale.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 10:25:06 AM »
No, I did not realize that the tape/air dates had been switched around...it just seemed too early for NoT and Roo in my opinion.
I didn't think that 5 Price Tags would show up on 2 weeks over Plinko when they were potential spoilers for the quarterfinals, yet it happened anyways. :P

I thought I'd be safe this time around by hedging up all of the potential spoilers (especially with a casher basically guaranteed which meant at least one of Notty or Roo wouldn't show), only for me to ultimately get screwed over by the incompetence of whoever's in charge of updating the show calendar. Can't say for sure I would have gotten any of the quickies, and Any/TTM was a tossup that I lost, but I most likely would have picked Time as my casher without the spoilers. :\

Congrats to anyone who successfully managed to maneuver this mess...good luck to all of you in the finals!
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.