Author Topic: Will The Price be Right?: The Possible Future of the Show.  (Read 9173 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Will The Price be Right?: The Possible Future of the Show.
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2020, 03:35:06 PM »
I thought I remember hearing that transporting the games they needed to Vegas for the 30th Anniversary special was a nightmare, besides the other logistics that trip involved. Roger never tried it again and I suspect that of all the gimmicks that Mike tried, there's a reason travelling with the show was one we never saw. I can imagine moving the current doors would be hellish with all the electronics now involved and rebuilding them would be quite a cost. I'd also hunch that they'd want the show to look as familiar as possible, so they might not be a fan of some knockoff props/doors.

Unless the show would seriously consider staying in Florida for over a year/season, moving there for any period less than that would be a waste of money, in my opinion.

The show's location is such apart of it (it's mentioned at the top of every show) that I can imagine that, besides a potentially costly move, they'd be hesitant to relocate.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2020, 04:28:29 PM »
The show's location is such apart of it (it's mentioned at the top of every show) that I can imagine that, besides a potentially costly move, they'd be hesitant to relocate.

I’ve seen this mentioned a few times.  I’m willing to bet that if the show looked the same and felt the same from Orlando, or Branson, or Albuquerque, or Des Moines, or anywhere else, no one except for the folks here would really notice much.  I doubt most casual watchers care that the show is “from Television City in Hollywood”

(Not to discount the other many valid reasons why it is unlikely the show is going to pick up and move somewhere, but on the list of reasons not to, I would think this one would be pretty far down below some of the others).

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2020, 06:49:16 PM »
I’ve seen this mentioned a few times.  I’m willing to bet that if the show looked the same and felt the same from Orlando, or Branson, or Albuquerque, or Des Moines, or anywhere else, no one except for the folks here would really notice much.  I doubt most casual watchers care that the show is “from Television City in Hollywood”

(Not to discount the other many valid reasons why it is unlikely the show is going to pick up and move somewhere, but on the list of reasons not to, I would think this one would be pretty far down below some of the others).
I mean, I mentioned in my post that the show has traveled. So, they can do it and bill the location as whatever. You're right, no one would really notice the change in location, mentioned or otherwise. But we've seen and heard of the small changes that have been done or were proposed over the last 20 years, that probably would go mostly unnoticed by the general public.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline EvilChameleon

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2020, 07:53:31 PM »
Where even in Florida is a space big enough to film TPIR?