Author Topic: TPIR on Buzzr?  (Read 8853 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: TPIR on Buzzr?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2020, 12:54:00 PM »
Fremantle has made a fair bit of money off my channel.  As long as they are cool with it, I’m cool with it.

Since 2013, I don’t believe I’ve received any takedown notices.  Then again, my video library isn’t as extensive as some others’ here, so who knows, really.

It’s to their advantage to allow as many of our videos to stay up as possible.  Recent episodes, especially from the current season, are understandably problematic, so I don’t blame them for taking those down.  But the rest of the content probably nets them a decent amount in ad revenue that they literally have to do nothing to earn.  Shoot yeah, I’d take that if I was them!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:58:08 PM by PayingTheRent »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2020, 01:52:36 PM »
But the rest of the content probably nets them a decent amount in ad revenue that they literally have to do nothing to earn.  Shoot yeah, I’d take that if I was them!
Now if someone could drill this mindset into the thick skulls of everyone at Sony, we'd be set.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2020, 02:39:21 PM »
Getting back to the Price reruns on Buzzr topic, aside from the rights for the episodes belonging to CBS, does the staff and/or Drew have any known objection to reruns airing? I could see them (and CBS) not wanting the first few Drew seasons to rerun because of their overall quality (especially Drew's first few months of season 36 and season 37).

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2020, 06:18:58 PM »
Besides Drew, Stan, and Adam, is there anybody who was around in Seasons 36 and 37 who's still with the show?

I don't think there's anybody else with enough influence to say "I'd rather not".
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2020, 06:30:08 PM »
Besides Drew, Stan, and Adam, is there anybody who was around in Seasons 36 and 37 who's still with the show?

Gina. Rachel and Amber. Manuela joined in season 37. And undoubtedly several Television City employees are still working in Studio 33.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2020, 09:01:13 PM »
Why the comparison? Both eras are memorable and remarkable by their own way. The thing is just that some people (just SOME) prefer a certain watching a certain era of a show, just 'cause that's the era they grew up on, just like some rants on YT about watching Dawson's Feud reruns over Harvey's first-runs.

Also, I wouldn't think CBS would think that way, they've already established the fact that the show is still strong, without any comparisons of each of any eras of the show.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2020, 07:15:11 PM »
Oh, to hell with Shaffer and the horse he rode in on.

As sad as it is, he's still at it whenever a new classic Price is Right video is uploaded by a YT user and doesn't like episodes that meet his standards to the point where it's not going to stop. The best thing that can be done is just block and report the user.

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2020, 10:02:27 PM »
Now if someone could drill this mindset into the thick skulls of everyone at Sony, we'd be set.

Sony unfortunately doesn’t need the money and doesn’t care. They have the J! archives under lock and key and it seems unlikely they’re ever going to make them available. Someone should just compile everything that’s available amongst tape traders at this point and make them available illicitly, same with the Wheel archives.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2020, 10:34:02 PM »
Sony unfortunately doesn’t need the money...
The lack of road trips for both shows when they were once a staple seems to suggest otherwise. They used to do three (sometimes four) road trips every season for a good stretch and then at least one a year up until the late 00s. Now, I think WDW in 2017 for Wheel and DC in 2016 for J! were the only trips they've taken in the past five years.

I also thought that massive email leak among other things at Sony indicated that they weren't exactly doing great compared to their expectations on both the film/TV side.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.