Author Topic: Continuing after finding the car in Buck or taking the lead in the SCSD  (Read 2869 times)

Offline DylanBe

• In the Audience
Whenever somebody wins the car in "Pass the Buck", if the contestant has 1-2 picks left, Drew will ask if s/he wants to continue on to try to win money, which I can't recall Bob ever doing. Also, when Bob was hosting, if the 3rd contestant beat the leader in one spin, he would say "You don't want to spin again, do you?", although I can't recall Drew ever saying that once. I was wondering, as monumentally stupid as it would be to do any one of those things, has anybody ever done one and/or both of those things before? I've never seen it, but I would take a wild guess to think either one has happened at least once in almost 19 years of "Pass the Buck", and 45 years they've had the big wheel.

Clickbait title changed to a more descriptive one. Thanks tpir04 for the suggestion.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:26:58 PM by therealcu2010 »

Offline PookieNumNum

• Outside in Line
Re: Has anybody ever...?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 09:43:15 AM »
Great questions!! I would love to know also

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
First of all, welcome to G-R, hope you enjoy your stay. Second, this board usually frowns upon clickbait titles, so please steer clear of those. Third, I cannot answer your first question, but I believe there was one instance in the 90s where the third player elected to spin again, though I am likely completely misremembering.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline bobbingforapples

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 10:53:56 AM »
I can't seem to find the clip, but there was at least one instance (late 90s or early 2000s) where a contestant spun again after taking the lead without being prompted. Bob reminded him that if he went over he wouldn't be in the showcase. He ended up going over.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 12:24:45 PM »
Has anybody ever...?

...wished threads with stupid clickbait titles would be locked on sight? Yep!

DylanBe, you're new here, so I'll cut you a little slack... but if you want to start a new thread, make the title of the thread what it is actually about, not something ambiguous that gets people to click on it to find out what's in it.

Also...
Great questions!! I would love to know also
This is posting just to post. Don't do this.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline DylanBe

• In the Audience
...wished threads with stupid clickbait titles would be locked on sight? Yep!

DylanBe, you're new here, so I'll cut you a little slack... but if you want to start a new thread, make the title of the thread what it is actually about, not something ambiguous that gets people to click on it to find out what's in it.

Also...This is posting just to post. Don't do this.
I'm sorry, I'll think next time, anyway, should we consider moving all discussion from here to the "Simple Questions & Answers Thread" and delete this topic?

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
There was a playing of Pass the Buck in which the contestant won the car with one choice left and Bob told him he wasn't even going to ask him if he wanted to go on and to get off the stage.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
If my memory serves me right, I think that there has been some instances that Bob asked the third contestant (the leader, in this case) to spin again, hoping to get a total of a dollar, for a bonus spin, but I'm not exactly sure on where I've seen that.

Offline DylanBe

• In the Audience
I can't seem to find the clip, but there was at least one instance (late 90s or early 2000s) where a contestant spun again after taking the lead without being prompted. Bob reminded him that if he went over he wouldn't be in the showcase. He ended up going over.
There was a playing of Pass the Buck in which the contestant won the car with one choice left and Bob told him he wasn't even going to ask him if he wanted to go on and to get off the stage.
If my memory serves me right, I think that there has been some instances that Bob asked the third contestant (the leader, in this case) to spin again, hoping to get a total of a dollar, for a bonus spin, but I'm not exactly sure on where I've seen that.
Is anybody able to find a video of any of these events happening?

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
I haven't found any from the US version, but I found one from the 1989 Australian revival. Ian Turpie mistakenly took the show to a commercial break, but the producers let the contestant spin trying for the dollar. See for yourself: