Author Topic: FPG 5/22/20 - RESULTS  (Read 3966 times)

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
FPG 5/22/20 - RESULTS
« on: May 28, 2020, 10:44:09 AM »
Don't worry, I didn't forget this or try to bury it, just had a busy week and hit some snags with my spreadsheet. But you all deserve the results and apologizes for the delay.

What can I say? Everyone limped to the finish line. Strikes kinda threw everything out of whack with its appearance, but people were just off their games this week. Bargain over Switch, PaN over Flip/Range/Balance. It wasn't like the lineup was totally out of nowhere, but it's not a good sign when people only score on one game, Most Expensive.  Thankfully 3 people picked it, but that's sad that those were the one points of the entire game.

This led to tpir04 taking the trophy with a 2/2, I can't say I've ever seen a winning score that low before, but if there was any week to win it with, it was this game. Congrats on taking advantage of a tough situation and to all those that tried. Even our for fun picks scored low; 2K scored nada and Wayo 1/1.

I am glad we got the finish out the season before too late and that it was a memorable finish. I can't say I'm too disappointed we got Strikes before production was shut down.

Look out for a final leaderboard soon. Checking my notes, I'm not actually sure if we have a show tomorrow. The photos don't list a Friday show and I don't know that I want to risk playing a show that doesn't exist. So this may be it for the season. Maybe I'll do a little something for that missed show, but there's so many spoilers. Have a safe spring and I'll see you back here in the near future, I hope.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FPG 5/22/20 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 09:45:05 PM »
What a ridiculous final. It reminded me of when I got Golden Road right in the semifinals to advance in 2016. It's really hard in this modern era to nail a Big 3 and it just didn't feel like the time, especially with X & Buck not due, but that was what we got.

It's a shame the calendar being so out of date really messed things up with spoilers. FPG is a great game but the spoiler situation is so thorny, we'll need to think over how to approach things when Price resumes.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...