Author Topic: Season 48 Summer Rerun Schedule  (Read 26724 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: Season 48 Summer Rerun Schedule
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2020, 04:32:45 PM »
Hm, I wonder if Drew will do a "Throwback Price" style intro like Alex did for Retro Jeopardy. Granted we're not going back nearly as far, but it would be a nice touch nonetheless, especially for newer viewers, to not confuse them.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2020, 05:36:11 PM »
Since they're not going back nearly as far as Jeopardy did during the Vault weeks and the show will still look and feel relatively the same as it does currently, I don't think viewer confusion will be an issue. I could see Drew doing a quick intro though just to say that they're starting to tape new episodes again and inviting local contestants to register and in the meantime they're reairing some fan favorite episodes from the past few seasons, something like that.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2020, 10:42:11 PM »
Since they're not going back nearly as far as Jeopardy did during the Vault weeks and the show will still look and feel relatively the same as it does currently, I don't think viewer confusion will be an issue. I could see Drew doing a quick intro though just to say that they're starting to tape new episodes again and inviting local contestants to register and in the meantime they're reairing some fan favorite episodes from the past few seasons, something like that.
Wheel of Fortune only went back a few seasons this year, like Price is doing, and they didn't have any special intros since they blended with the current season episodes just fine for the most part.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2020, 12:06:09 PM »
I could see the opening montage they played before the start of each Decades Week episode being pulled since it references the show “celebrating 44 years.”  There might also be some minor editing to remove any other references to it being the 44th season, where possible — though they probably can’t remove all of them.  Joe Plinko probably won’t notice, especially with the set being 90% the same as it is now.

I wonder if they’ll go as far as to have George re-dub any voiceovers mentioning the year of a particular vehicle? 🤔
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2020, 10:15:19 PM »
My vote is the following,

Do Drew re-runs until we get crowds and show elements to which we have been accustomed. Price NEEDS a real audience, real people participating, and its magic format to make it work. COVID-19 safety measures in place, they are going to have to change too much. Than, next year (September 2021) we will get a normal traditional season 49. Do reruns until then, It really is for the best interest of the show and its fans.

Joe

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2020, 11:53:05 PM »
Do Drew re-runs until we get crowds and show elements to which we have been accustomed. Price NEEDS a real audience, real people participating, and its magic format to make it work. COVID-19 safety measures in place, they are going to have to change too much. Than, next year (September 2021) we will get a normal traditional season 49. Do reruns until then, It really is for the best interest of the show and its fans.

These were my thoughts initially, but seeing how so many other shows have made the lack of a true audience work, I think Price can make it work, too.  It will certainly be weird, but as I said in the other thread, this is a great opportunity for the show to experiment.  They don’t necessarily have to follow the same format we’re used to this season.  Just do what works and we’ll get back to normal Price sometime next year — maybe even while Season 49 is still in production, if we’re lucky.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2020, 12:12:37 AM »
My vote is the following,

Joe

As a fanbase, we gotta get used to seeing things differently for awhile. what’s going on right now is a long-term change in society and every single industry and even shows- have been effected. price is not immune. The best interest of the show- and all of television- is to keep making shows. Even if it’s a little different for awhile.

Offline radioboy

• 6/1/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2020, 11:59:26 AM »
That schedule doesn't seem right as today was Snoop Dogg from Season 40

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2020, 10:44:19 PM »
They changed the schedule to be a collection of celebrity guest episodes instead of the random mix of special episodes that was previously scheduled. A new thread was made to discuss the rerun schedule for the Fall: http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,31578.0.html