Author Topic: Season 49 Predictions  (Read 3198 times)

Online rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • I think it's my turn...
Re: Season 49 Predictions
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2020, 02:25:42 PM »
Seems like an easy fix on paper--find some nice prizes that aren't trips? Or, hoping against hope, get rid of the dang Prize Puzzle?

I know the trips are probably sponsored, but if that's a serious obstacle holding up production it's like the proverbial child getting his clenched fist stuck in the cookie jar.

AFAIK, Mike Richards is taking over WHEEL & J! next season, so there’s a slight possibility of the PP getting axed.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2020, 03:39:09 PM »
First off for my predictions, I am guaranteeing that Season 49 will happen. I am so confident that if taping hasn't started within 12 months of this post, I'll post a video of me eating a sock or something. Hopefully I don't regret that.  :-)

I believe that there are enough episodes that the reruns in the meantime will solely be from Season 48. The only times I could see them going farther back would be for some holiday and celebrity specials.

When Season 49 comes, I imagine that the audience will be a bit smaller and separated. Masks probably won't be a requirement, but a large part of the crowd might bring their own for their own peace of mind.

At the start, there might be a change to having contestants only touch objects when it is essential to gameplay. No more having the players press the big red button in Flip Flop or move the numbers in Side by Side.

Gameplay-wise, I will expect Golden Road to be won on the season premiere. They would want to start off with a  bang after such a long break. I'll could also see multiple refurbished games showing up.

Offline gamesurf

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2020, 06:25:41 PM »
When Season 49 comes, I imagine that the audience will be a bit smaller and separated. Masks probably won't be a requirement, but a large part of the crowd might bring their own for their own peace of mind.

I would guess when they can tape again it will be a reduced audience size, so physically removing the seats wouldn't be necessary they would just space everyone out appropriately. Spacing of contestants in Contestant's Row would be an issue also though, they would have to either put plexiglass barriers between them or find a way to further separate the podiums.

Personally I want to see an army of Geoff Peterson robots filling in the empty chairs in the audience

Spacing people out once they're in the studio is an issue, but it's not even the biggest issue; no matter how much space is in the studio, they also have to figure out how to also accommodate people as they wait for hours outside in line.

Anyone who's been knows there's not exactly a ton of space on those benches, and with a full audience those benches get filled right up to the end. Keeping 200+ people six feet apart for 4+ hours? Forget it!

(I guess they could just try to fill the Paperwork Area/Stan Area/Food & Monitors Area all at once instead of one at a time, and have the paperwork & photo people/Stan work their way down the line instead of having the line move through them. But I think you're more likely to see some strict, strict caps on capacity that go even further beyond what they can accommodate in-studio.)
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2020, 07:00:40 PM »
Personally I want to see an army of Geoff Peterson robots filling in the empty chairs in the audience

My favourite approach there is punch clowns.
Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.

CSS Season 14 Cash: $729,601
CSS Season 15 Cash: $888,251 - All time CSS high for myself in 8 years.
CSS Season 16 Cash: $286,480

Online JhayPrice

• In Contestant's Row
  • The TYPICAL Mike setup.
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2020, 09:24:17 PM »
Spacing of contestants in Contestant's Row would be an issue also though, they would have to either put plexiglass barriers between them or find a way to further separate the podiums.
They most likely have to bring out the silver G-T asterisk extensions in between each podium. Plus, the show might as well require the contestants to avoid any interactions with fellow contestants during the One Bid (hugging, high-fives and stuff).

Offline GasMoney09721007

• Outside in Line
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2020, 04:54:18 AM »
I know not many game show fans liked it (I was in the minority that did) but if there was ever a time and place to revive Let's Ask America...

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 10:50:21 AM »
Would be nice if, maybe by the end of next season, they could do a primetime show / series of “Salutes” (similar to how they did in 2002).  One for nurses / doctors, grocery store workers, first responders.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline jude_este

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 10:13:32 AM »
Still a little off topic to predictions for the upcoming season but related to resuming taping, as the L.A. County issued its “Reopening Protocol for Music, Television and Film Production,” with these guidelines yesterday.

From: https://covid19.lacounty.gov/wp-content/uploads/HOO-Appendix-J-Reopening-Protocol-for-Music-Television-and-Film-Production.pdf

B. MEASURES TO ENSURE PHYSICAL DISTANCING
All new or re-starting productions and group recording sessions must have a written protocol before
work begins to ensure physical distancing of six (6) feet or more between people throughout the
production. It must ensure that:
  • Only essential cast and crew should be on or near the set at any time
  • Production or editing meetings should be limited to essential staff only and should be held in
    areas where physical distancing can be maintained.
  • Strategies may include breaking production participants into teams of the smallest size feasible,
    that access set or studio areas at different times with minimum overlap or intermingling.
  • Essential staff may include paid employees that serve as an audience for a production.
    Audiences must be seated at least 6 feet from each other and wearing face coverings whenever
    feasible; audiences should be limited to 100 people or 25% of the maximum occupancy of the
    space, whichever is smaller. The same group of employees should serve as the audience
    throughout a production whenever feasible.

Offline Spmahn

• In the Audience
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 12:31:49 PM »
So this sounds like Wheel and Jeopardy will be able to get back to filming without an audience in fairly short order, but TPIR and LMAD are out of luck for the immediate future

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2020, 04:40:19 PM »
Per regulations there would be between 75-85 people per show, based on capacity of 300-330.

I'm in the camp of "just figure out how to air Bob reruns".  Y&R at least is doing old shows, and it's kinda neat.
Any closer and Bob gives it away.
(except this was a Drew MDS)

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2020, 06:09:06 PM »
There is zero business reason to air Barker reruns on CBS. The ancient soap reruns (alongside the more recent ones as each theme progresses), as amusing as they can be, is a different situation.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2020, 12:06:02 PM »
I don't see them getting more than maybe 100 episodes in, seeing as to how strict LA has been with their stay-at-home orders. And God only knows how hard a second or even third wave of corona may hit, to say nothing of when those second/third waves would commence. S49 largely depends on how everything aligns/shakes out from here, and IMO, there's too many variables and unknowns for TPTB to restart it with a clear conscious. I don't think they get even a half a season in, unless they decide to move the show to someplace like San Diego or even Las Vegas for a season, which seems increasingly unlikely.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2020, 01:06:36 PM »
I don't see them getting more than maybe 100 episodes in, seeing as to how strict LA has been with their stay-at-home orders. And God only knows how hard a second or even third wave of corona may hit, to say nothing of when those second/third waves would commence. S49 largely depends on how everything aligns/shakes out from here, and IMO, there's too many variables and unknowns for TPTB to restart it with a clear conscious. I don't think they get even a half a season in, unless they decide to move the show to someplace like San Diego or even Las Vegas for a season, which seems increasingly unlikely.

Well Vegas at least would have the ability to do a stage setup fairly easily relative to other places, having had the Live shows there before. So there'd be that at least if they wanted to go there.

Offline BillyGr

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2020, 02:06:53 PM »
Per regulations there would be between 75-85 people per show, based on capacity of 300-330.

Which actually isn't as bad as it first sounds, when you figure that with some of those shows where you had a parent and 2 kids playing, that cut the actual number of contestants down to around 100-110 (maybe even a bit less, since I seem to remember at least someone where the one parent and 2 kids were playing, and the other parent and 1 or 2 more kids in the audience watching, as you know they wouldn't like pick both parts of the family).

The other question is what they consider capacity (with stores they were basing it on a certain number of square feet/person).  That could make their 25% number closer to the 100 level (since there is a lot of square footage used with the stage and other non seating areas).

Offline GobGlom

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2020, 11:16:17 AM »
Even with 100 people, you can still pull 9 crazy contestants out of there.