Author Topic: Error: 500 Internal Server Error  (Read 10905 times)

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
Error: 500 Internal Server Error
« on: October 29, 2019, 09:31:31 PM »
Even before the suspension the other day, it seems like we've been seeing more and more instances of the dreaded "500 Internal Server Error" lately. It's been a royal pain today, so I'm just curious--what gives?

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Error: 500 Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 10:22:50 PM »
I was wondering that too myself earlier, it seemed impossible to do much of ANYTHING for a while, moreso than before. A reload would be all that was needed typically in recent past, not so much the case today it seemed for a while. I actually wondered if this site even was going to come back at all after the suspension, or if it'd come back in a limited form with a lot of older material gone for good. Was surprised to see it just be back as if nothing ever happened, with everything just as it was when it went down. Happy, but surprised.

Offline Cephas

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 11:13:36 PM »
I noticed there were a huge number of 'guests' (well over 1000) in the days before the site went down; as of now it's down to a much more reasonable number.

I'm thinking many of those 'guests' weren't real people.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 12:08:47 AM »
I have also noticed that the site compared to after it went down before is now running slower than usual and the link clicks and/or posting are taking longer than before.

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
I noticed there were a huge number of 'guests' (well over 1000) in the days before the site went down; as of now it's down to a much more reasonable number.

I'm thinking many of those 'guests' weren't real people.

That's what I'm leaning towards too Cephas as a look at the Simple Machines forum to see if anyone else was having the same problem as we are, I saw this post that an admin of another forum describes having the same problem as we are having with the 'guests' who are coming from China and using Linux could this be the same problem as that forum was having or is it a different country and internet browser that is doing this to this forum.