Author Topic: Prize Package Question  (Read 1516 times)

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
Prize Package Question
« on: June 06, 2020, 08:54:02 AM »
If a pricing game offers a prize package, and you win it, do you have to accept all the prizes, or can you accept some of them while declining others?
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
Re: Prize Package Question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 09:19:09 AM »
Generally, you'd always have the option to decline prizes. When they talk about a "prize package," that's normally just said before they reveal the total value in games where you don't have to guess that figure to win the game.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 12:45:48 PM »
Yes, you can decline individual prizes. For example, if the prize package is a dining room with dinnerware, the collection of dining room furniture is treated as one prize and the collection of dinnerware is treated as a separate prize. A winning contestant could choose to decline just the furniture or just the dinnerware.

A winning contestant cannot accept only part of what makes up an individual prize, though. So, for example, a contestant could not choose to accept only the table and four of the six chairs while declining the hutch -- it's all of the furniture that was in the manufacturer's prize plug or nothing. Similarly, if a contestant wins four Kate Spade handbags, they have to accept all four or none at all -- they can't choose to take only one or two of the handbags.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 01:54:16 AM »
good information for if I ever make it to California and try to get on TPiR at some point.