Author Topic: Drew on Celebrity Feud  (Read 926 times)

Offline JhayPrice

• In Contestant's Row
  • The TYPICAL Mike setup.
Drew on Celebrity Feud
« on: June 08, 2020, 07:48:30 AM »
I saw a pic of Drew wearing a Team Nealon jacket on his appearance on Family Feud. What family is he in? I surely haven't got details about his appearance here, but he is the third Price host to appear on Feud, aside from Bob and Doug, both appearing on Ray Combs' Y&R vs TPIR special!

Offline jude_este

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Drew on Celebrity Feud
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 10:51:04 AM »
I saw a pic of Drew wearing a Team Nealon jacket on his appearance on Family Feud. What family is he in? I surely haven't got details about his appearance here, but he is the third Price host to appear on Feud, aside from Bob and Doug, both appearing on Ray Combs' Y&R vs TPIR special!

Last night's episode with Drew was not with families but between his and SNL alum Kevin Nealon's teams. And also, Drew is the fifth TPIR host to play Family Feud, as Bill Cullen from the original series and 1985-86 nighttime syndicated host Tom Kennedy both played in the Battle of the TV Hosts special in 1983.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 10:56:00 AM by jude_este »

Offline BillyGr

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 07:24:42 PM »
Actually all 5 people on Drew's side were wearing those Team Nealon shirts - not sure quite why, but they were.

Offline TPIRFan1995

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 10:33:23 PM »
They wanted Kevin and his team to win.

Offline Spmahn

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 12:54:57 PM »
I watched this last night, Drew seemed to be a bit aloof as though he was only doing the show as a favor and would have rather been anywhere else on Earth at that moment. Was there a reason they wanted Kevinís team to win?

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 03:43:06 PM »
I watched this last night, Drew seemed to be a bit aloof as though he was only doing the show as a favor and would have rather been anywhere else on Earth at that moment. Was there a reason they wanted Kevinís team to win?

Do we know when this woulda been taped? I wonder if it woulda coincided with his ex-fiancee Amie Harwick's death, or somewhere very close to then. It'd not surprise me if it had, and in looking around the shows in general all appeared to have been taped in February, and she died on February 15th....so it's highly possible this was the case and would have explained his energy/mood on the show.

Offline jude_este

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 06:59:58 PM »
Was there a reason they wanted Kevinís team to win?

This may be a lame answer but I think it was probably some idea of a joke on Drew's' team's part.

Do we know when this woulda been taped? I wonder if it woulda coincided with his ex-fiancee Amie Harwick's death, or somewhere very close to then. It'd not surprise me if it had, and in looking around the shows in general all appeared to have been taped in February, and she died on February 15th....so it's highly possible this was the case and would have explained his energy/mood on the show.

Looking at the metadata from a few of the photos that I downloaded off of ABC's press site shows that the episode with Drew and Kevin Nealon was likely taped on February 9th.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 07:31:09 PM »
This may be a lame answer but I think it was probably some idea of a joke on Drew's' team's part.

Looking at the metadata from a few of the photos that I downloaded off of ABC's press site shows that the episode with Drew and Kevin Nealon was likely taped on February 9th.

Isn't there sort of a running thing with Kevin going back years that he's a lovable loser type? Maybe that would play into it.

And ok so that woulda been a week before then roughly.....maybe he was just having an off day then if that's the case, only he'd know for sure.