Author Topic: The Throwback Price is Right: 123123123 style (S2, Episode 4)  (Read 25357 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: The Throwback Price is Right: 123123123 style (S2, Episode 4)
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2020, 03:08:30 PM »
So there are three possibilities for that number: 3, 6, 8 and 9 (and what a coincidence, considering what the last three numbers in the price are). And since the show is offering a minimum of $5,000 in prizes in its PGs nowadays, 3 is out, so that leaves the others. If it were up to me, I'd go with 6.

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »
The prize is definitely looks interesting. I would love to have it. I am going to guess the number 8. Draws out the number 8 on the painting. (Sorry for being late to the game didn’t see the announcement).

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2020, 10:18:22 PM »

1233: Looks like as good a guess as any.

Now let's bring out my true masterpiece

{rolls out reveal pedestal}

It's an original I like to call "The Answer"  :-)

Anyways, let's see if that globe is $8,839

{pulls up curtain}

{buzz}

Aww, that's a tough way to end the games for the day. I know I said I'd give you the painting if you won, but...

{hands painting to pathfinder}

Maybe it's a souvenir, or maybe it's a few bucks on eBay. That's for you to decide.

We have the second Showcase Showdown coming up after this break!

{commercial lead-in music}

{aerial shot of whole crowd as announcer speaks}

Announcer: Contestant not appreaing on stage will receive a gift bag full of leftover itemsfor this s sitting around backstage. Items include Silly Bands, leg warmers and a sleeve of those turquoise and blue paper cups from the 90's. You know the ones I'm talking about, right?

Anyways, let's head back to Numbers with the Big Wheel!!

{loud applause}

1233: Congrats to all of you for getting this far, now let's find out who's going to the showcases. Two numbers from 1 to 99 as well as a stopping point from all of you please.

Bidding Order:
pathfinder20 ($786)
LiteBulb88 ($9,291)
Plinkoman ($25,805)

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2020, 10:26:01 PM »
My numbers are 61, 20, 48, and 44; use them in that order for whatever spins I may have. If I'm in the lead after my first spin, I'll stay if and only if I have at least 55 cents. If I'm tied after my first spin, I'll stay if and only if I have at least 70 cents. Of course, if I'm behind after my first spin, I'll spin again.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2020, 10:53:52 PM »
How did I end up with over $25k? Tech win or a mistake?

Anyway... my numbers are 12 and 2 (because that's what RNG gave me when I Googled it.)

Will stay on 65 or above.
1,668 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2020, 12:53:06 PM »
^ That was a mistake.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2020, 01:21:34 PM »
No, it was a tech win.

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2020, 02:14:39 PM »
^ Whoops, never noticed. My bad.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2020, 04:05:12 PM »
Wow, didn't even realize it! I just picked two at first to make the game go a bit faster. Hey, I'll take it! And, I can see why the Original Balance Game was retired. lol
1,668 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2020, 11:10:55 PM »
Let’s go with 1 and 19 for my birthday and will stop at 65 or better.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2020, 11:11:04 AM »
{pathifnder spins the wheel}

1233: With your first spin, you're going to end up with...

{applause}

...95! Stand over there under the board with your strong score.

Next up we have LiteBulb88, you know what you have to do, so go and do it.

{spins wheel}

Could it be a tie!?!

So close, missed it by a spot. Try again for 40 or 45 cents.

{spins again}

{buzz}

That's too bad, I hope you enjoy all your 70s dance equipment. Finally, we have our beneficiary of a tech win that didn't even realize it, Plinkoman!

{Plinkoman spins wheel}

Looks like you're going to need the second spin. Go for .50 or .55.

{spins again}

{buzz}

At least you still have that car. It was a pleasure having you here.

pathfinder20 redeems himself and is heading to the showcase round, coming up after this break!!!

{commercial music lead-in}

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2020, 12:05:04 PM »

{camera focused on contestants}

1233: We dragged out the old school podia and it's time for the fantastic showcases!

Now, pathfinder20 is today's runner up and rockyboy34 is the big winner of the day. Whoever has a better bid on their showcase will head out of here very happy. Even more, if either of you is within $250 of your showcase, both of the showcase will be yours.

{cheers}

Best of luck to both of you. Now let's hear about the first showcase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcer: In honor of the throwback feel of the show today, it's time to revisit a time long ago...a time when The Price is Right as we know it didn't exist.

{audible gasps}

Yeah, I know it's crazy to think about. But apparently the world didn't start on September 4, 1972, when the first episode of the new TPiR premiered.  :-)

Now, just a year earlier in 1971, the Walt Disney World resort officially opened up in Orlando, Fl. We wanted to acknowledge such an acheivement by giving you the ultimate modern Disney package!!! {modeled by Rachel, at door 4}

First, we are going to give you and a friend 2 years of free access to Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. With this, you will get access to the largest library of Disney movies, new Star Wars content, Marvel films and so much more. Take that, Netflix!

Also, we are going to provide you with 4 premium plus passes to Disney World. This pass allows you access to all the parks and free parking all the time. Important Note: Don't worry about the prices of flights or hotels there just yet. When traveling gets back to normal, our people will contact your people.  :-)

{applause}

Next, the final 007 movie to have Sean Connery play the secret agent James Bond, "Diamonds are Forever", also came out in 1971. The film isn't exactly the best in the series, but the title definitely rings true.

That's why, almost half a century later, it's still OK to give you a diamond pendant!!! {modeled by Manuela}

This round diamond is set in platinum prongs and hangs from an 18" platinum chain. Also, a twinkling and dainty accent diamond sits atop the brilliant diamond to add to its exquisity!!!

{applause}

Now I know you guys are too smart to pull one over on. You guys are probably thinking, "Wait, Mr. Announcer. What about the original Price is Right? That debuted way earlier."

To that I say were just going to have to go back a bit further to find your last prize. The original TPiR premiered in November 1956, but thankfully we were able to find something you might like from way back in 1955.

Say hello to...

{door 3 opens}

...your basically BRAND NEW CAR!!! {modeled by Amber}

This 1955 Ford Thunderbird coated in a gorgeous red paint, has chrome accents and comes equipped with an automatic transmission. Under the hood, there's a 312cu V8 engine and it only has 2,000 miles on it to drive it to the studio. The Ford Thunderbird!!!

{loud cheers}

Now if you have thought about the world before our beloved game show, this is your showcase. But only if the Price is Right!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{rousing cheers from crowd}

1233: That's quite a showcase. rockyboy34, are you going to bid or pass?

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2020, 12:44:26 PM »
I’ll bid...$43,238.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2020, 12:04:21 AM »

{ding}

1233: $43,238 is up on the board. Now, pathfinder20, here is your showcase. Hope you like it, because it's all that's left

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcer: This showcase is all about the stares you might get throughtout your day.

If you're like me, you at least try to be cordial with your neighbors. However, even if the more quiet of neighbors might raise an eyebrow when, in the middle of summer, you start putting up...

{door 2 opens}

...this inflatable Santa while wearing these sunglasses!!! {both modeled by Rachel}

The perfect fit for Christmas in July!! This 8' tall inflatable Santa is dressed in a snazzy velvet suit, plays eight traditional christmas carols and has a gift bag containing pre-lit warm white LED lights!!!

Also, to return the stares secretly, these kaleidoscopic sunglasses are constructed with a four-toned colored lens and a nylon frame. Don't worry, you won't be seeing constant rainbows with them on.

{applause}

Now, after decoratimg we can cut out some of the stares you might be seeing at the gym by giving you...

{GPT rises}

...a new stairclimber!!! {modeled by James}

This stepmill from Stairmaster has been uniquely crafted to fit in rooms with ceilings as low as 8 feet. Some features on the machine include an  easy-to-read blue backlit LCD console and 10 programmed workouts that include.. The perfect way to avoid the stares while you stair!!!

{more applause}

Now, we've talked about all the stares you want to avoid. But trust me when I say that you'll love the stares you get when everyone sees you rolling down the freeway in...

{door 3 opens}

...this sporty 3-wheeler!!! {modeled by Amber}

From Polaris, the Slingshot SL is the most tricked-out tricycle you could think of. The model comes with a powerful Autodrive transmission and a protective wind deflector. Perfect for the thrill seeker!!

{loud cheers}

Now, if you can see yourself with all these prizes, then this is your showcase. But only if the Price is Right!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{cheers}

1233: pathfinder, that's probably left you with some thinking to do. What will your bid be?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2020, 12:22:53 AM »
*Peanut Gallery*

The base Slingshot SL is $26,499 before tax and everything else.

Yeah, someone was *this close* to making another HYO with a Slingshot.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023