Author Topic: Post Count Ranks Question  (Read 8680 times)

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
Post Count Ranks Question
« on: June 14, 2020, 06:00:40 AM »
What are the specific ranks (and posts required for each) available for each post count here? I've only got three as I've observed: "Outside in Line", "In the Audience" and "In Contestant's Row".

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: Post Count Ranks Question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 08:16:28 AM »
It all depends on your post count; here are the rankings:

Outside in Line (1 star): 1-49 posts
In the Audience (2 stars): 50-149 posts
In Contestant's Row (3 stars): 150-299 posts
Walking the Golden Road (4 stars): 300-499 posts
Taking a Bonus Spin (5 stars): 500-999 posts
Double Showcase Winner (6 stars): 1,000+ posts

Same system has been in effect for at least eleven years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I suppose.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 08:28:25 AM »
Large number of posts ≠ high-quality posts.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 09:08:58 AM »
Same system has been in effect for at least eleven years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I suppose.

Having been on here for a few months short of 17 years, those ranks have been there since at least the summer hiatus in 2003.

If you’ve been on the show, you get the title “TPIR Alumnus” regardless of your post count.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 04:37:38 PM »
Large number of posts ≠ high-quality posts.

100% this.  Don’t post just to raise your post count.  Some of our highest quality posters are in the bottom tier, and we know who they are.  I’m not even sure why we keep count, really.  It invites the potential for trolling from new members who think they need to raise their post count to achieve some mythical level of superiority that doesn’t actually exist, and we’ve seen it happen multiple times.

While we’re on the subject, is there a way in SMF to only show post counts on our profiles and not on every single post?  Might be something to consider.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 07:32:28 PM »
I do admit that I post here to make some relevant contributions to the site. And yes, I'm not a high-quality poster, as you can observe.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 02:17:39 PM »
Having been on here for a few months short of 17 years, those ranks have been there since at least the summer hiatus in 2003.

If you’ve been on the show, you get the title “TPIR Alumnus” regardless of your post count.

Day One user here.  Those ranks were there since the beginning.  Though I think you only need 100 to get to the 3rd ranking.  Not sure when that changed but that aside, it's been the same for over 17 years
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 01:04:18 AM »
Coming in a bit late here, but there's actually a seventh, fairly obscure rank that was added much later -- I forget whether it comes in at 5,000 or 10,000 posts, but if you get there, you probably are a "Loyal Friend and True."
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »
Coming in a bit late here, but there's actually a seventh, fairly obscure rank that was added much later -- I forget whether it comes in at 5,000 or 10,000 posts, but if you get there, you probably are a "Loyal Friend and True."

Well I've seen a few members with upwards of 5,000 posts and they are still Double Showcase Winners. Which brings me to the question, is there any non-mod who has 10,000+ posts? I might've seen one in my two year tenure here, couldn't tell you who it was though.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 10:00:00 AM »
I’m pretty sure it’s 10,000 posts for LFaT status.

At my current post rate, I’ll be there in 32 years! 🥴
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 12:03:48 PM »
I’m pretty sure it’s 10,000 posts for LFaT status.

At my current post rate, I’ll be there in 32 years! 🥴

You posted this exactly at 10:00:00 ET. Impeccable timing.

Which brings me to the question, is there any non-mod who has 10,000+ posts?

Nope. Check out this cool little tool I used from the admin table to provide a visual to confirm as much. :)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:10:49 PM by Prizes »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!