Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/06/2006  (Read 25708 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/06/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 06:46:25 PM »
I'm sorry, but the Safe Crackers reveal just sucks these days.  I honestly don't think there's any way to fix it besides going back to doing it the same way as Five Price Tags.

Temptation was set up to be lost and lost early.  I knew it wouldn't be won as soon as I saw the price of the first gift.

And you know, given that Temptation probably isn't going to be played again between now and the end of the season, and given that it almost had to be played on September 27...we could have the odd circumstance arise of the last Temptation playing to get aired on a new show this year actually being its first playing of the season.

Coming or Going was also set up to be lost, and lost badly -- the wrong price was higher, but it ended in a 3.

Rich was awesome in the first showcase...although the showcase itself was pretty strange.

BobboChung wrote:

Safe Crackers: Very easy. No way those helmets could be $240.

Why not?  They're freakin' helmets!

BobboChung wrote:

Showcases: Brady didn't have much to work with, as the first showcase was hard to win, given that the car in there was not a sportscar. As soon as the other person made her bid, I knew Brady had lost, so I didn't bother watching the final segment.

Way to contradict yourself!

quadrupleplay wrote:

oh, and did anybody notice when the convertible was revealed, that the "pillars" were decorated with the season 34 logo? that means they might have a closeout soon.

Huh?  What are you talking about?  They've been using those backdrops all season.

goldfanatic wrote:

Nice Bullseye win today with only four cents remaining!

That's...sort of an odd thing to say about Bullseye, since all of the products can be used to win.

tpiradam wrote:

Is it just me, or is Switcheroo being played alot oftel lately?

It only looks that way because it was played on the October 17 show, which was aired last Monday.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 06:47:10 PM »
BRB_TheFireball wrote:  PG #1 - To me, $240 seemed too cheap to be a Safecrackers prize.  I went with $420.  :-(

Why are you sad?  $420 was the right price.  The contestant went with $420.  You went with $420.  Are you sad she won?

And a few seasons ago--Season 30 I think--they actually offered a pair of TVs worth $260 in Safe Crackers.  We here were all shocked.  I think the losing contestant was, too.

BRB_TheFireball wrote:  PG #6 - If that container of Tidy Cats was $7.47, it had no business being in this game.

You trust Roger too little.  To my knowledge, Roger has never used a product in this game that was impossible to win with, and I don't believe Roger ever would do that.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 07:10:27 PM »
Safe Crackers: Yes, Steve, the old reveal was a WHOLE lot better.  Playing wise: I knew the helmets were $420.

Temptation:I knew Kristin lost as soon as she said 6 as the 2nd # and left it there.

Coming or going: I knew $3995 was correct.

Most expensive: I had a feeling the dinette was the Most Expensive.

Showcases: I loved the perfume skit, one of the best showcases of the year.  But I knew Brady was way off on this.  I would have said $30,000 and still be off.  But $24,500 wasn't even near that price of the convertible.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 07:50:51 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
Rich was awesome in the first showcase...although the showcase itself was pretty strange.

Speak for yourself. :-D

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 08:45:17 PM »
Temptation:  When she had picked 6, I knew she had lost.  I went completely the opposite of her, $20,395, like quite a few people on this board.  I would have lost too, but at least I was closer than she was.  

Coming or Going:  EASY!  $3995 was just correct, no way around it.  I can't believe this was lost.  

Most Expensive:  I knew the dinette would be the most expensive.  

$42K+ for a Sebring showcase?!  I was shocked.  I bid 33,211 and I still would have been off 9K.  I know 24,500 was a low bid, but that low, shocker.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 09:27:58 PM »
Show #6398

Showcase #1
Apple Computer - $4,038
Reise nach Berlin, Deutschland - $8,696
Chrysler Sebring GTC Convertible - $29,820

Showcase #2
Broyhill Elk River Bedroom Group - $6,475
Comfortaire Royal Duchess - $2,199
Aegean Beach Towels - $625
Beachcomber 740 - $9,495

Oh, come on!  Ashley & Broyhill are rivals on TPIR.  And my title for Season 35 will be called "The Price is Right:  Ashley vs. Broyhill".

Modeling Report for June 6, 2006
"Shanezilla" Stirling
Total - $66,318
Won - $28,819 (43.46%)
Lost - $37,499 (56.54%)
Record - 5-5

Phire Dawson
Total - $49,678
Won - $15,823 (31.85%)
Lost - $33,855 (68.15%)
Record - 6-4

Brandi Sherwood
Total - $10,800, the sixth lowest modeling total of the season!
Won - $1,657 (15.34%)
Lost - $9,143 (84.66%)
Record - 2-4

All 29 prizes today totaled $136,260!

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 09:37:22 PM »
Safe Crackers: I figured they were $420, but how could two helmets cost $210 apiece? :-?

Temptation: Somehow I spaced out and thought we were playing for a convertible. :-P Had I known it was the coupe, I would've lost my voice screaming at her.

Coming or Going: Obviously, it was going to be $3995, but I can see some contestants thinking it's way too cheap for a trailer (but not the Little Guy trailer  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: ).

Most Expensive: This should've been won easily.

Switcheroo: Cool, grocery music for small prizes. :-D

$50 may not be obvious for a breakfast dispenser, but there was no way the 9 would be in the truck.  

Also, they have GOT to cut that cheap camerawork for the small prizes.

Bullseye: When was the last time this game was hard?

Showcases: I thought the perfume showcase was a bit weird, but neat.  I was a good $7000 under on that one.

Offline pianogeek

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 10:05:10 PM »
I still can't believe I giggled when Rich instantly presented the Apple computer, after he made me so glued to Brandi, the perfume and its lovely, vivid descriptions about it.

The Perfume Showcase...the best yet.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 01:25:37 AM »
quadrupleplay wrote: (One-Bid) 2: wouldn't charmaine's 3rd bid qualify as a stupid bid after alex bid $425?
No, and using that rationale a closing bid of $1 would be "stupid", wouldn't it?

When you're the Last Bidder you have the freedom to ignore the "Under $400" thing, provided you always bid higher than someone else who lowballed.

Notice that Alex bid $275 after Brenda had bid the $425. Tthe $1 end-all bid was taken completely out of play (and how many times in just this situation have we seen people bid $1 despite that?), so in this case Charmaine had to bid higher than Alex. She didn't leave much wiggle room as it was, but she stayed alive while Alex was left to consider how stupid his bid was.

Therefore, Charmaine's closing bid of $399 was an acceptable bid. Not a winner, but acceptable nonetheless.

Offline OneDollarBob

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 05:56:39 AM »

OldPrice75 wrote:
Switcheroo: Cool, grocery music for small prizes. :-D

Is this really acknowledged as grocery music?  I know I've heard this used for both GPs *and* SPs ever since the '80s.  I think the difference is that this cue is for a series of descriptions all in a row, be it GP or SP.  It just happenes that nearly all GP games describe the products all in a row, while there are fewer SP games that do the same.

That said, the show was mediocre today, even though I love Temptation and Safe Crackers.  The reveal for Safe Crackers has gotten worse (which I didn't think was possible), and Most Expensive always annoys me with that time lapse transition shot between each prize.  I do love when the models where high-heels and walk on the treadmills, though.  Temptation just didn't have any of its usual magic today--which I blame mostly on that evil Mustang fooling the contestant into picking the '6' instead of the '0'.

The perfume showcase was Grade A.  "Byte" is possibly the daffiest name you could come up with for perfume, and Brandi was chewing up the scenery as always.  They should just make her permanent on the show.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 07:42:05 AM »
I am pretty sure we have once seen a smaller container of the Tidy Cats which was in the $5.90 range... I would imagine that is what was used for the Bullseye playing, and two would've given the contestant the win...

I have personally never seen them use an item that it isn't possible to win with on the game, and I can't see that starting now...
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 08:19:17 AM »

Frank15 wrote:
BRB_TheFireball wrote:  PG #1 - To me, $240 seemed too cheap to be a Safecrackers prize.  I went with $420.  :-(

Why are you sad?  $420 was the right price.  The contestant went with $420.  You went with $420.  Are you sad she won?

I thought she said $240 and $240 was the right price.  I was in the kitchen making a sandwich during Safe and distinctly remember Bob saying "$240".
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Safe Crackers).

Safe Crackers -- 2:28
Temptation -- 4:20
Coming or Going -- 1:25
Most Expensive -- 1:28
Switcheroo -- 3:35
Bullseye -- 2:55

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 12:34:57 PM »
Safe Crackers: I am thinking about getting my father a helmet for Father's Day. After going through some stores and seeing that some range around $200 each, I knew the safe had an easy combination, dedicated to that imfamous bidder a while back.

The Temptation of Price: I wanted Kristen to win. I wanted Kristen to make some changes because that price doesn't seem right to me. I wanted Kristen to take the prizes and bail out. I wanted Kristen to believe me that she will lose everything if she goes on. I wanted Kristen to know the hurt I feel that she did not listen to me at all.

Coming or Going: I've said this before recently: I wanted the price to be high, but after I made my choice, I realized that since the price ends in 5, maybe I should change it. I didn't do that. Sound The Buzzer.

Most Expensive: It was between the treadmill and the dining group. One look at the dining group made me think that would be a lot more than $1000. At least I was right about that.

Switcheroo: Watching Brenda play this game gave me a switcheroo. I couldn't recall what she had before. At first I thought she made a decent change for the car. I even thought she may get it right. Let's just say my mind was fizzled.

Maybe the folks at the FFBC can fix Alex's fizzled brain.

Bullseye: For the sunflower seeds, I said 9 or 10 will do it (with 10, not 9), then for the Hidden Valley, 9 or 10 also (totally wrong). At least I would've hitted it on the seeds.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.