Author Topic: Bob: a topic in two parts  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Bob: a topic in two parts
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2020, 03:20:35 PM »
Indeed.  So much so that whenever I watch an older episode and see Bob harmlessly flirting with a female contestant, or hear Dennis say, "All right, you pretty girls" to contestants' row, I cringe.  At least a little.

Maybe some would cringe at a few of the things you mentioned, but I think many others – in this case – would probably be more concerned with the Barker-Parkinson fiasco.

Brian

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 04:05:44 PM »
Personally, I don't think people would have sided with Dian if they knew what really happened behind the scenes. I'm not saying Bob is blameless by any means, but it's clear that Dian had a huge case of a woman scorned by her lover when he wanted to call it off. What she did was pure retaliation. I don't think that would have been the nail in the coffin as much as Holly's firing. I feel she would have used social media to the fullest extent to let the world know how Bob and Price treated her.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 04:10:06 PM »
Personally, I don't think people would have sided with Dian if they knew what really happened behind the scenes. I'm not saying Bob is blameless by any means, but it's clear that Dian had a huge case of a woman scorned by her lover when he wanted to call it off. What she did was pure retaliation. I don't think that would have been the nail in the coffin as much as Holly's firing. I feel she would have used social media to the fullest extent to let the world know how Bob and Price treated her.

I suspect most of us don't know what really happened behind the scenes; we've chosen to believe what we think we can trust and have come to conclusions based on that. But I honestly didn't think that many people did side with Dian. Even the other models spoke out against her at the time.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 05:04:11 PM »
That was always my feelings about it. Didn't she take Kathleen under her wing in order to have someone on her side, because, by that time, Janice couldn't stand her? I was never sure of Holly's position, though I felt she was kind of stuck in the middle of it all and went somewhat back and forth. Truth be told, except for what Kathleen revealed in her book (which I have yet to read and really want to read), we will never really know what went on backstage.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2020, 06:08:23 PM »
Truth be told, except for what Kathleen revealed in her book (which I have yet to read and really want to read), we will never really know what went on backstage.

If you can believe her account any more than anyone else's.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place