Author Topic: When calculating a total # of shows produced since 72, do you include TNPIR 94?  (Read 759 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
This is just a curiosity thing, but taking into account every run the show has had since 1972 both in daytime and syndication, as well as all the Primetime Specials they've done since 1986, specifically where this version is concerned, do you include that as part of the overall total? Or because of the fact that it was a vastly different format, despite having the games of the daytime show, would you view it as separate from the rest, effectively standing alone from all other shows?

I'm a bit torn on it. I sorta would want to include it amongst the others when calculating a number, but I can also see why one might not since it is the only version to not mirror the basic format of the others. Where do you guys personally stand on this?

Offline NicholasM79

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
The daytime show is counted by itself. Period.

Other versions have their own number of episodes and it can stay that way.

Why make it confusing?

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
The daytime show is counted by itself. Period.

Other versions have their own number of episodes and it can stay that way.

Why make it confusing?

I know each has their own specific episode numbers, I was speaking more about when/if you were to take them all and put them together cumulatively to get one big total.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
Is this a debate anyone actually has?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Is this a debate anyone actually has?
Only people who have entirely too much time on their hands.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Well, there are 555 nighttime/syndicated shows (300 James/Barker, 175 Kennedy and 80 Davidson), plus the 47 primetime specials (six 1986 Specials, the 25th and 30th Anniversary Specials, six TPIR Salutes, 26 MDS's, Bob's 50 Years in Television, the Survivor, Big Brother and Amazing Race Specials and three TPIR at Night shows) produced since 1972, and when added up, it comes out to 602 shows outside daytime. When you factor in the 9,000 daytime shows and change, the total is at least 9,600 or 9,700.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• In Contestant's Row
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Well, there are 555 nighttime/syndicated shows (300 James/Barker, 175 Kennedy and 80 Davidson), plus the 47 primetime specials (six 1986 Specials, the 25th and 30th Anniversary Specials, six TPIR Salutes, 26 MDS's, Bob's 50 Years in Television, the Survivor, Big Brother and Amazing Race Specials and three TPIR at Night shows) produced since 1972, and when added up, it comes out to 602 shows outside daytime. When you factor in the 9,000 daytime shows and change, the total is at least 9,600 or 9,700.

TPIR total would definitely surpass 10,000 after including the original 1956 version; it's over 10,000 without counting nighttime/syndicated shows.  I think the total is over 2,000 so close to 12,000 TPIR shows over a 65-year period of the Goodson-Todman franchise
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
but taking into account every run the show has had since 1972 both in daytime and syndication, as well as all the Primetime Specials they've done since 1986

I don't think anyone does this.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline gamesurf

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Only people who have entirely too much time on their hands.

Surely none of us who visit this site every day to discuss a game show in absurd detail would ever have too much time on our hands?
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • [space for rent]
What else is there to talk about as we head into the "Long, Hot, Priceless (extended) Summer of 1967 2020"?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Season 15 cash earnings: $151,769
Season 16 cash earnings: $274,708 (+$31,284 scrimmage cash)
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

All aboard the train to Rerun City...when will we return?