Author Topic: The Throwback Price is Right: 123123123 style (S2, Episode 4)  (Read 24834 times)

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Throwback Price is Right: 123123123 style (S2, Episode 4)
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2020, 04:34:21 PM »
$31,985 please.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2020, 11:40:56 PM »

{ding}

1233: $31,985 is lit up on the board. We will see who our big winner is after these fancy line breaks.

{lead in to commercial}

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

{transition from break music}

1233: OK, we are going to start with pathfinder20. You bid $31,985 on your showcase, and the actual price is...

{pulls tag}

{loud groans from crowd}

{buzz}

Man, what is it with all these close overbids in this series!?! I'm sorry to see it, pathfinder20.

I'm always nervous when we start with an overbid, but we move on to rockyboy. You bid $43,238 and if you don't go over, you're a winner.

The actual retail price is...

{slowly pulls tab}

{ding}

...and rockyboy is our big winner of the day!!!

{runs over to all the prizes}

He's made it out of here with nearly $88,000 worth of great gifts and prizes!!!

From all of us here at the Numbers Studio, we hope you had a great time!!!

{credits roll}

*********************************************************************************

Expected: 4/6 (Bump, Barkers Markers, Balance Game '84, Gallery Game)
Actual: 4/6 (Bump, Add 'em Up, Barkers Markers, Balance Game '84*)
*technical win

Quick notes:

*This was probably the kindest I've ever been while setting up an hour-long show, but that doens't mean it was necessarily easy

*Phone Home Game is pretty hard to predict what prices will be given so I tried to place the big money in an easy product (cat litter), a medium product (Pop Tarts), and a tricky one (paint). The playing was just bad luck

*Add 'em Up was the only game I tried to setup difficult because of how easy the game really is if you have any idea of the price. LiteBulb's advice was great, but it completely omitted the possibilitys with a 0 in the price. Thankfully the 0 didn't show up

*Balance Game was as forced a win as I think I could make it and it was still lost. I should've known better than to reveal both products, even if Plinkoman gave me two. Live and learn.

*Another show, another close overbid in the showcase.

Overall, I had a bunch of fun and I hope you all did too. Thank you to all who signed up and participated!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2020, 11:50:24 PM »
Great show that was a lot of nostalgic fun! For a while I thought we were going to have to find the Mathnet detectives to get on the case of "Why are people unable to respond in 24 hours?" but thankfully that subsided toward the end.

*Add 'em Up was the only game I tried to setup difficult because of how easy the game really is if you have any idea of the price. LiteBulb's advice was great, but it completely omitted the possibilitys with a 0 in the price. Thankfully the 0 didn't show up.

ACK! I'm so used to doing Cross Sums (a.k.a. Kakuros) which follow the exact same concept as Add 'em Up, except that in Cross Sums/Kakuros 0's aren't allowed. So glad no 0's were in the price or I would've felt really silly.

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2020, 11:55:24 PM »
This was a great show!

I’m (fictionally) giving the Thunderbird and the necklace to a special friend of mine.

(Aware that this game was just for fun and not the real deal.)

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2020, 02:08:33 AM »
1233: And now it's time for the best math themed pricing game every made, Add 'em Up!

(glares)

(Just kidding)
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.