Author Topic: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 2 - What Hasn't Happened?  (Read 24273 times)

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 2 - What Hasn't Happened?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2020, 05:06:09 PM »
and that guy does $988, okay... *ding!*

"You realize, of course, that this means war."
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »
$1,026, please!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2020, 06:17:59 PM »
$1,050!
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2020, 07:55:56 PM »
"You realize, of course, that this means war."

Well, better to fight in the Row right now instead of on stage, because Step Up might be behind Door 2 :P

$1,026 for LiteBulb... *ding!*

...and $1,050 for gamesurf... *ding!*

...Actual Retail Price is...

$3,799! gamesurf, you were only off by $2,749, and you've won all the chocolates!

Now, you might lose track of time eating all 10,260 chocolates. Thankfully, we've got the perfect arrangement of gifts for you!

How about a grandfather clock, an Apple Watch, a pocket timepiece, and an innovative wall piece!

From Howard Miller, this pendulum grandfather clock comes with a Windsor cherry finish, and has a "high-precision, German-made, Kieninger cable-driven, triple-chime movement" that chimes every 15 minutes! This clock towers over 7 feet and 4.5 inches!

Next, this 44mm Series 5 Apple Watch is innovative, and comes with a premium White Ceramic Case, and comes with an extremely lightweight Space Black Link Bracelet!

Third, this 2-inch pocket watch is a nice touch to your lifestyle. This Double Hunter watch is hand-wound and has 17 jewels to balance the center wheel for precision!

Finally, remember that weird watch that I offered in the last show? Apparently, they make wall clocks as well! This 450mm by 450 mm QLOCKTWO Classic Creator's Edition Gold was covered with gold leaves by hand. In fact, if you want a challenge mode on reading the time, you can purchase new faces in different languages, including Swiss German, Catalan, Czech, and over 15 more languages! Back to you, 9821!

Now, remember the one thing that made Step Up memorable? The stoplight design?

I got rid of that for a baseball theme!

And, let's agree to never look at that full set again! The goal of this game is to sort the four items from least expensive to most expensive. If you can do that, I'll give you all three prizes and $3,000. gamesurf, I want you to step up to the plate, and choose the cheapest item of the four.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2020, 07:58:02 PM »
Well played, Chandler. Well played.
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2020, 10:24:48 PM »
I don't know what I'm looking at... but I like it. :D

That funky watch with the words was $1,000+ last time, right? A bigger version would cost more than that, I assume?

Or less? Maybe they have to spend more to get the electronics to fit on the wrist? I dunno.

An Apple Watch is only a few hundred, but that new ceramic case means it has to be some special edition that costs more. But I hope it's not TOO much more. Let's go for the Apple Watch.
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2020, 11:33:18 PM »
The iWatch, gamesurf says. The Apple Watch is worth...

*slight applause, slight sighs from the crowd*

Hopefully that's the cheapest item here. Now, I want you to pick something else that's worth at least $1,750. If you can do that, I'll give you the Apple Watch, that prize, and $500.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2020, 11:38:05 PM »
I'd go for the wall clock then the grandfather clock then stop. But then again you know how good I am at giving advice  :oops:

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2020, 11:56:55 PM »
I concur. The word clock was pretty expensive last time and it’s got to be expensive this time around too.

The wall clock with the words!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2020, 12:02:17 AM »
The clock that touches you with its words! That costs...

*applause*

Well, that's more than $1,749!

Now, you've got an option here. You can bail with $6,229 worth of items, or if you think another item costs more than $3,890, you can play on. If you guess another item correctly, I'll throw in another $1,000. What will it be?

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2020, 12:09:24 AM »
As Chicago put it...

I'm sure the pocket watch and the grandfather clock are nice, but no way am I going to gamble on one of them being 4 grand!

Besides, how many timepieces does one person need? Let's BAIL!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2020, 12:15:04 AM »
...and you've won the most anyone ever has playing a pricing game on one of my shoes! Congratulations!

...I'm pretty sure the pocket watch was less than 4 grand, right?

Yeah, you couldn't have played perfectly ever since you picked the Apple Watch. But if I didn't set this up, I wouldn't be too sure about the grandfather clock. Was it a cheap grandfather clock or expensive one?

*awws from the audience*

It was an expensive one. You still walk out of here with an Apple Watch and QLOCKTWO clock, and an extra $500 to boot! And hopefully, we'll have someone win just as much after these messages!

*fade to all the ads about streaming services*

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2020, 01:02:24 AM »
We've got an empty spot in the green, Announcer. I'm not a fan of that.

Well, let's fill it with AvsFan then! Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Welcome, AvsFan! Now, let's see the next item up for bids!

It's a Cartier Pen Collection!

From the company that makes fragrances, this pair of Santos-Dumont Ballpoint Pens will make an elegant addition to your working space! Comes with a pen of metal black composite and pink golden-finish, one with a brushed gold-finish, and bottles of black, blue, and burgundy ink!

AvsFan, we'll start with you.

Offline AvsFan

• In the Audience
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2020, 01:09:10 AM »
Ooh, fancy! I'll bid $798.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2020, 05:10:01 AM »
$2,650 please