Author Topic: Anybody have an archive of the Multicam Experience?  (Read 628 times)

Offline gamesurf

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Anybody have an archive of the Multicam Experience?
« on: July 09, 2020, 06:45:38 PM »
May be a long shot, but thought I'd ask anyways: Does anybody has any clips or video of the Multicam Experience from five years ago at CBS.com?

https://www.cbs.com/shows/the_price_is_right/video/FB464AEF-BCF1-4AFE-D6EC-3B8695219856/the-price-is-right-tpir-multicam-experience/

I'm looking at using it as a teaching tool.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Anybody have an archive of the Multicam Experience?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 07:12:07 PM »
Is this what you're looking for or something else? I know that this was taking down a while back, but it seemed to have returned to YouTube earlier this year.

Offline gamesurf

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 07:33:36 PM »
That's great, and I actually don't think I've seen that before! That's the 2014 Socially Awesome week, right?

I'm looking for the one they did with the tape feeds of all 5 cams. I think it was 2015.

EDIT: Yep, there's a link at https://www.priceisright.com/2015/05/10/multi-cam-event/ but the actual content doesn't seem to be there anymore.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • pain
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 07:58:58 PM »
If you just need a couple blurry screen-grabs, this guy screen captured part of his own reaction to the intro, at around the 7 minute mark.

I know what video you're talking about, and I remember watching it on the CBS app, but I just can't find it.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

HYO total winnings: $probably like $200k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards