Author Topic: "Auction-aire" - gamesurf's Cullen-style Price is Right  (Read 31483 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: "Auction-aire" - gamesurf's Cullen-style Price is Right
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2020, 11:34:53 AM »
Don't know if more than eight can play, but I'll bid $975.

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2020, 12:23:23 PM »
Freeze my bid!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2020, 01:08:18 PM »
An even thousand.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2020, 01:33:00 PM »
Away from my computer, excuse the lack of fancy graphics.

NameBidFrozen?
tpir04$1,000-
PatrickRox80$975-
LiteBulb88$949-
rockyboy34$888Yes
William$825-
tpiradam$800Yes
GameShowFan9001$777-
JhayPrice$775Yes
TPIRfan#9821$666-
123123123$595Yes
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2020, 02:12:32 PM »
Here you go buddy  :-)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2020, 02:14:56 PM »
Thanks Adam, appreciate it!
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2020, 05:31:00 PM »
$1,100 and freeze.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2020, 08:39:25 PM »
I guess I'll freeze, since I doubt it's $1,100.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2020, 10:47:43 PM »
*DING DING!*
*DING!*

Two more freezes! And little under 23 hours until everybody else freezes, too!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2020, 11:09:28 PM »
Where am I? Regardless, I’ll freeze at $975.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2020, 11:35:17 PM »
*DING!*

My mistake, PatrickRox. This should be correct now.

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2020, 10:26:53 PM »
I'll bid $1120.

Online pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2020, 11:11:19 PM »
I will bid $1200.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2020, 11:21:24 PM »
I'll see that, and raise to $1230.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2020, 03:01:03 AM »
[Host note: I stupidly made a typo on the deadline and said the deadline would be 6 PM EST/9 PM PST. Those are two separate times, with hours of difference separating them. I should have said 9 PM EST/6 PM PST. While the three most recent bids happened after the time I intended to freeze all bids, it could be argued that they all came before 9PM PST, so the right to do here seems to be to let those bids go through.

We apologize for the discrepancy, and will have our copy editors spayed and neutered.]

Aaaaaand... TIME! No more bids, please!

12 bidders this time, with bids down at the bottom from $595 aaaaalllll the way to the top at $1,230.

And the actual retail price of that chess set... IS!

And wouldn't you know it, the name of our winner sounds familiar!

tpir04 was a mere $10 away at one point, but rockyboy held steady. Announcer Guy, you've said it before, won't you say it again?

rockyboy34, COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on the Price is Right!

*rockyboy34 stands up from his seat and runs up on stage, TPIR94-style*

rockyboy, you clearly know what it takes to win your way up here. I think we have a good bidder on our hands here! You're two for two!

Now, you had some unfortunate luck in Step Up, but we believe in second chances. Here's a chance to really rack up a good total of loot. We have some terrific prizes for you, and here's Announcer Voice ready to tell you all about them!

*the band launches into “Contusion” by Stevie Wonder*

Sure do, gamesurf. It's a smart table lamp & a cello!

First, this smart LED table lamp is controlled controlled via smartphone app or digital assistant, and can display over 16 million different colors, is fully dimmable from 3% to 100%, and can even be set via timer for different functions!

Second, from Cecilio, this spruce and maple ebony cello includes ebony fingerboard and pegs for all your lovely deep-sounding needs. Form-fitting hard case and sandalwood bow included!

And finally, it's a trip to London!

*the band plays a brass version of Crazy In Love*

You and a guest will fly round-trip, coach, from Los Angeles to London, England, where you'll enjoy a seven-day, six-night stay at the Hilton London Hyde Park! And we've included a tour of the London Eye, with a private capsule booked with champagne, as you survey the city from the heights of the majestic Eye!

And rockyboy, the game you will be playing is Make Your Move!

We have here nine numbers all in a row. These aren't just any random numbers--you're actually looking at the prices of those three prizes right in front of you. We need your help to separate them out!

Two of those numbers belong in the price of the table lamp. Three of those numbers belong in the price of the cello. And four of those numbers belong in the price of the trip to London. You'll use these three sliders and slide them under you what you believe the prices to be. Each number is used once and only once, the prices are continuous, and they do not overlap.

If you can correctly tell us the three prices of the three prizes, you'll win them all!