Author Topic: Any Kennedy or Davidson Nighttime PG Calendars?  (Read 2133 times)

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
Any Kennedy or Davidson Nighttime PG Calendars?
« on: July 16, 2020, 02:21:19 AM »
So far, the only nighttime version with a complete pricing game calendar is the version with Dennis James (and Bob). Do you have any sources for the games played on the 1985-86 Kennedy and 1994-95 Davidson eras?

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Any Kennedy or Davidson Nighttime PG Calendars?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 02:57:17 AM »
So far, the only nighttime version with a complete pricing game calendar is the version with Dennis James (and Bob).
And the only reason we have that is because it came from someone (an ex-show staffer who is also a member here) who had access to the show's written records.

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 09:08:32 AM »
We do have an incomplete Davidson calendar, although there aren't any links to it in the FAQ.

http://tpirstats.com/Calendars/Season_Davidson_games.html

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 11:08:14 PM »
wow. never knew punch a bunch was played on the davidson version. Have not found an episode yet on youtube with them playing punch a bunch. I remember when i was very little watching this version. Only things i remembered on it was the unique camera angle when they had the big wheel and the showcase on basically a modified range game board.

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 12:50:55 AM »
A difference on the '94 version is that Doug read what's on the slip as soon as the contestant punched out a hole, the same with what he does with Hole in One (revealing the prices of the the product as they were chosen) and Super Ball! (player rolls the ball after a correct guess at the SP portion).

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 02:39:49 AM »
I'm curious as to why there were differences in rules between the Daytime and other versions of the show. What is the rationale for looking in the holes immediately as opposed to punching all of them out at once? Were there a completely different set of producers for each of the versions?

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 02:52:48 AM »
I'm curious as to why there were differences in rules between the Daytime and other versions of the show. What is the rationale for looking in the holes immediately as opposed to punching all of them out at once? Were there a completely different set of producers for each of the versions?

For this version of the show, I wonder if it was done to shave time. Remember it was a half hour format, and they had not 4 but 5 segments to fill unlike previous nighttime shows (albeit minus the one bids), and occasionally needed to be flexible timewise when they'd spin the wheel.

That's not to mention the extravagance of the showcases, and the other non gameplay banter/interplay playing off Doug's acting background, that TNPIR tended to throw in show to show. With all that, while I could be wrong, I can see them looking to save time anywhere they could to fit in all they needed to neatly. Also keep in mind, that by 94 relative to even 85, ad time had increased too, so that didn't help either am sure, as it left them with less to play with than their predecessors had.

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 05:13:48 AM »
Daytime Price's then-associate producer Fingers Greco served as TNPIR's producer, and Jay Wolpert as the associate producer, returning to produce a version of Price with the Goodson company.