Author Topic: 2020 NFL Season  (Read 44028 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: 2020 NFL Season
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 07:44:53 PM »
YES! My Cardinals are 1-0 after being the 49ers 24-20! :) DeAndre Hopkins had a stellar debut with 14 receptions for 150 yards, including a key 4th quarter catch that set up the go ahead touchdown. Kyler Murray threw for 230 yards and 1 touchdown in the game. GO CARDINALS!
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 07:11:38 AM »
Based on yesterday, looks like Cleveland is in mid-season form as it relates to their efforts to acquire Trevor Lawrence.  Meanwhile, if the Pats somehow get the Clemson star, they'll do so in a different way
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 09:41:26 PM »
Same old Giants.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2020, 01:36:48 PM »
Same old Giants.

I think people were saying that about the Steelers, as it relates to their annual tradition of losing games (to teams) they have no business losing (to).

It's one week.  Sure, it might make the difference in the end, though at least most times other factors lead to a team’s placement in the standings (regular and post season) after all is said and done.  It might take until November 5-9 which is the mid-point of the season for teams to figure out everything and stay fit for NFL football.

Personally, my concern is more than the lack of pre-season games, off-season workouts, and watered-down training camp, leading to a watered-down product.  The Giants did not look great last night, but the team that beat them wasted no time losing players due to injury.  That could have a domino effect throughout the season

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 04:41:46 PM »
Atlanta blew leads of 29-10 and 39-24 and lost to Dallas, 40-39. What doomed them was the failure to properly recover Dallas'  onside kick. Instead of falling on the ball, the Falcons just let it roll ten yards and allowed Dallas to recover it. The Cowboys kicked the winning field goal with :00 left.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 04:44:59 PM by Ccook »
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2020, 04:54:46 PM »
While Dallas celebrated there come from behind win against Atlanta. Sources are telling ESPN that the New York Giants are fearing that running back Saquon Barkley tore the ACL in his right knee after trainers carried him off the field after a run early in the first quarter against the Chicago Bears and appeared to be in serious pain.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29929409/new-york-giants-saquon-barkley-carried-come-back

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 05:07:10 PM »
I didn't follow the Giants game that much (I'm actually tuning into the US Open during the period of all the sports at the same time).  I did hear about it and saw an image of him being carried off, and I was not happy.  Wasn't sure of the injury, but before the fears set in, I didn't for once think it was a minor thing where New York was being cautious for their star RB.

That sucks for the Giants, but I though Barkley was in danger last Monday against Pittsburgh.  Speaking of which, New York is coming off of a short week playing a Sunday afternoon game following a Monday night game. This in a season where injuries are slated to occur more often than the norm

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2020, 07:46:32 PM »
Yes!! My Cardinals are 2-0 after coming away with a 30-15 win over the Washington Football Team as Kyler Murray threw a touchdown pass to DeAndre Hopkins and ran for 2 himself. :) Go Cardinals.

The Cowboys only had a 2% win probability halfway through the 4th 1/4. Amazing win for the Cowboys as the ghost of 28-3 came back to haunt the Falcons again.

Josh Allen threw for 417 yards and 4 touchdowns as the Bills went to 2-0 with a 31-28 win over the Dolphins.

I'm REALLY surprised that the Bears are 2-0. When Scott Hanson ran through a list of 2-0 teams and the Bears were on it, I gasped. This is a genuine intuitive surprise to me.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs are 2-0 as Patrick Mahomes did his thing in the 4th 1/4 and is 9-0 in September. Harrison Butker made a game tying 30 yard field goal on the last play of regulation and an incredible game winning 58 yard field goal in overtime! Wow!

The team in Washington has finally got rid of that offensive nickname; I'd ask you to not use it as well. Sure the current name is silly, but it exists for a very good reason.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 09:25:09 PM by therealcu2010 »
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 09:27:19 PM »
Just because I've already edited one post-

The football team in our nation's capital is currently called the "Washington Football Team". Their former nickname is offensive to Native Americans and has rightfully and mercifully been retired. As such, I'd ask that nobody use said nickname in this thread as well. It's in the past. Leave it there. The current name might be silly, but it's their name; let's use it until they come up with something better.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 10:54:10 AM »
Unconfirmed scuttlebutt on Atlanta sports talk radio is that Dan Quinn's job is riding on the next two games (Chicago,  @ Green Bay). They're favored against Chicago,  an underdog against the Packers.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2020, 05:35:55 PM »
For some reason I didn’t think about a mid-season change in Atlanta.  I did think of an off season move before 2021 Football for sure; Atlanta might win some games, but 0-2 with New Orleans & Tampa twice in 2020 + Kansas City doesn’t add up to 14 wins easily.  Anyway, I didn’t factor in Dan’s interim replacement for some reason.  The pandemic and the thought of Atlanta playing for Trevor Lawrence factored into why I never considered the head coach in any immediate danger.  That blown game against Dallas was so not good.

Mr. Blank might kick out Quinn if they lose to Chicago.  While they used to beat Green Bay all the time, I don’t think so this time.  Chicago is a surprise this year; Atlanta might start 0-4, and then Dan Quinn would be gone for sure.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »
Can't see Atlanta moving on from Matt Ryan even if they had the #1 pick and could get Trevor Lawrence. Too much money tied in and too much dead cap if they cut bait.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2020, 02:49:38 PM »
Damn the Bills look good right now...easily the best I've seen them in years. Could a fifth Super Bowl loss be in the books this year?
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2020, 03:39:10 PM »
The Giants are getting blown out by the half-injured 49ers. The Mara's need to sell the team. They cannot continue to run the franchise on the cheap.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »
I probably would've agreed with the Bills chance at losing in February (and finally, possibly to the Niners), except they had a 28-3 lead