Author Topic: 2020 NFL Season  (Read 44049 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: 2020 NFL Season
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 04:10:15 PM »
I don't see how that interception was an interception but whatever. Josh Allen with the statement late after the Rams penalty to improve to 3-0. What a game.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2020, 04:29:06 PM »
Falcons blow another big lead, up 16 going in the 4Q, outscored 20-0 and lose 30-26.

So who's getting fired first?
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2020, 04:32:45 PM »
Egads. Again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2020, 04:38:22 PM »
Just when I thought NFL Nation spoke too soon, so did I.

The Bills are for real.  Maybe not Super Bowl contenders, but a very good team.  I still won't put them over New England, and I would've said the same thing had Buffalo won without blowing a 25-point lead.  Still a little bitter that they blew it against a mediocre team in Houston (AFC South), but winning's winning.  The officiating might have been to blame but both Buffalo and the Rams suffered from it.

Atlanta?  Could be it for Dan Quinn.
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2020, 04:53:50 PM »
I do think the Bills win the AFC East with Josh Allen now elite and Tom Brady out of the division. However, I still like the Chiefs to win the AFC Championship come playoff time.

The big question now is, whose future is more in doubt: Dan Quinn or Mitch Trubisky?
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2020, 05:12:14 PM »
The big question now is, whose future is more in doubt: Dan Quinn or Mitch Trubisky?

Mitch Trubisky.  Not sure of his contract status, but if he exits Chicago, he'll probably end up on another team as a backup or on their practice squad.  Not that secure.  If Dan Quinn gets fired, while he might not get another HC job right away, he was a very good DC (defensive coordinator).  So with DC's (and OC's) getting head coaching opportunities, it vacates DC positions

I guess we'll see how the AFC East plays out, moneygamelover.  No surprise from me whether it's New England or Buffalo.  Kansas City winning the AFC outright is the safe bet, but I still wouldn't count out Baltimore (even though I haven't fully respected them yet without a playoff win).  Those two AFC powerhouses face each other tomorrow night

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2020, 07:57:57 PM »
My Cardinals suffer their 1st loss as a struggling Kyler Murray threw 3 interceptions and Matthew Stafford threw 2 touchdowns as Matt Prater hit a game winning 39 yard field goal st the buzzer.

Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes: "We're MVP candidates. "Russell Wilson: "Hold my beer."
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2020, 08:15:23 PM »
Despite the Seahawks' Jamal Adams exiting the game with a groin injury, five touchdowns passes by Russell Wilson along with a hat trick by Tyler Lockett towards the end netted them a 38-31 victory over while Dallas falls to 1-2 for the season.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/seahawks-beat-cowboys-behind-wilsons-5-touchdown-passes/2451149/

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 09:00:44 AM »
Can't see Atlanta moving on from Matt Ryan even if they had the #1 pick and could get Trevor Lawrence. Too much money tied in and too much dead cap if they cut bait.

I don’t know why I thought Matt Ryan’s contract was coming to a close real soon.  I was thinking a 4-year deal after his awesome 2016 run, but it followed the 2017 season for 5 years, $150,000,000.   That goes into 2022.  So, you’re right; there’s no way they’re parting with Ryan.  Unless the deal is right; the other reason why I said what I said about Matt is that he’s in his mid-30s.  Of course, with QB’s playing longer, he’s got time left.  Besides, he’s actually done more than enough to win games for Atlanta.  Dan Quinn has been a disappointment; he’s a defensive guy.  Maybe he’d survived with kicking Morris off the team to take complete control of the defense.

Despite the Seahawks' Jamal Adams exiting the game with a groin injury, five touchdowns passes by Russell Wilson along with a hat trick by Tyler Lockett towards the end netted them a 38-31 victory over while Dallas falls to 1-2 for the season.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/seahawks-beat-cowboys-behind-wilsons-5-touchdown-passes/2451149/

Man, if there was a cheat code to turn the Seahawks defense into the 2013-2014 version!  Maybe if Quinn gets fired, Seattle can fire its DC (not a safe bet at all) and Quinn can take over. 
It’s still early, but Mahomes & Lamar might cross each other out.  If Russell can continue this streak with the defense playing the way it has been, it will be his to lose.  Rodgers had a great game last night, so he’ll still be in the mix (with no great weapons on offense)

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2020, 10:03:12 AM »
I'm amazed Dan Quinn hasn't been fired after yesterday's game. What a brutal start of the season for Falcons fans. I think at this point you have to move on from Quinn just to cleanse the palate and shift the culture.  Those chokes, crowned by the SB collapse, are going to haunt the franchise for a long time.

I watched my Redskins lose to the Browns yesterday. It's not that big a surprise, but five turnovers was brutal to see. Haskins feels like he regressed several steps and had an awful game, and there's only so much good McLauren can do in spite of being a top tier WR.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2020, 11:51:15 PM »
The Chiefs are off to a 3-0 start with a 34-20 win over the Ravens on Monday Night Football. Patrick Mahomes threw for 385 yards and 4 touchdowns with no interceptions.

Mahomes is now 10-0 lifetime in September with a touchdown to interception ratio of 32-0! Wow!

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2020, 07:59:29 AM »
That is just brilliant.  Mahomes is who he is.  The more surprising stat is that Lamar is 0-3 against Kansas City, given how he ran over everybody else.  Well, most of them; no playoff teams yet

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2020, 09:22:47 AM »
Sunday's Pittsburgh-Tennessee tilt has been postponed due to several Titans players testing positive for COVID-19.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2020, 09:48:41 AM »
There is a way that Tennessee and Pittsburgh can make it up without any major disruption.  It does involve the Ravens; while it'll be okay, another team can have a similar outbreak.  That includes a team on the Steelers schedule.  If that happens, then it gets very difficult to impossible to reschedule to where everyone plays 16 games (before January 4th)

Offline danderson400

• In the Audience
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2020, 12:54:28 PM »
The patriots-Chiefs game is also posptoned.