Author Topic: 2020 NFL Season  (Read 44365 times)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: 2020 NFL Season
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2020, 10:12:45 AM »
The Bills performance against the Titans is exactly why I won't ever put them ahead of New England until they actually pass them.  They're much improved, and I don't think it's a brief run like New York had around a decade ago or the one lucky and wasted year for Miami in 2008.  They should be a very good team for a long time, but I expected better from Buffalo.  I was not surprised that Tennessee won the game, but 42-16 was a surprise.  Everyone's saying Pittsburgh & Buffalo are upset; I guess I might want to add Tennessee to that group
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2020, 05:00:22 PM »
The 2021 Pro Bowl has been cancelled,  but they will still name players for the teams.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2020, 05:12:43 PM »
The Pro Bowl was never a great or relevant game anyway . I'm glad that they're still naming the teams though. The best players at each position in any given NFL season deserve to be acknowledged as such so I'm glad they still will be.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2020, 06:26:21 PM »
I'm okay with the lack of the Pro Bowl as well.  It really was only a big deal for the league as it produced ratings & generated revenue.  For what it's worth, it would've been a mistake to have injected meaning into the Pro Bowl a la MLB All-Star game not too long ago.  The stupid rule for the summer classic actually led to a painful World Series loss within the past decade.

I didn't mind the recently added stuff the NFL did the Thursday before the game (skills competition).  I actually enjoyed it, more than the game itself (which I didn't enjoy).  It'll be back, but I agree moneygamelover: it was never great.  At least recently.  It was on a weekend where I was burned out from football & ready for college hoops.  More often than not it would be on a Sunday/weekend opposite WWE PPV, the Grammys, and Duke/UNC (which is Saturday but too much TV that weekend that the Pro Bowl was not needed).

Glad their naming the players.  They do that for the all-decade team (which, obviously excludes a game featuring them).  You won't get some down the line player that's new or old news on a 5-11 team "making the pro bowl thanks to the dozen of people that skipped the game

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2020, 06:40:26 PM »
On a related note, Las Vegas gets the next game.  Just like the draft, the pandemic let to the postponement of two NFL events that were scheduled to occur in Vegas

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2020, 07:37:58 AM »
Atlanta and Indianapolis have closed their facilities after positive COVID tests turned up.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2020, 02:27:58 PM »
It's a false positive for the Colts.  Therefore the facility has re-opened, and Indianapolis is still scheduled to play on Sunday

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2020, 06:58:26 PM »
Falcons have reopened theirs as well. Their loss--...er, game against Minnesota goes on as scheduled.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2020, 04:13:06 PM »
Baked crow. Yum. Atlanta prevails, 40-23. (Then again, I did say watch Atlanta win after firing Dan Quinn.) After going eleven quarters without a TD pass, Matt Ryan gets four. Meanwhile, Kirk Cousins's INT rate spiked higher than COVID with three today.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2020, 04:22:51 PM »
Never been a Kirk Cousins fan. Never believed he was an elite quarterback. On the other hand, I bet Julio Jones wishes he could play the Vikings every week.

An amazing comeback win by the now 5-0 Titans. A.J.Brown caught a miracle game tying touchdown,  Tanehill's 4th of the day, with 4 seconds left and the best running back in the NFL today scored the game winning touchdown in overtime out of the wildcat.

The Bears remain the biggest surprise in the NFL now being 5-1.

The Steelers flat out dominated the Browns in the head to head to remain unbeaten. The Browns are better this year, but not ready for primetime yet. The AFC North is still a Ravens-Steeers battle.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2020, 04:57:57 PM »
The Giants get their first win after the Washington No-Names botch a two-point conversion one point behind.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2020, 06:50:53 PM »
Brady and Tampa Bay are outclassing Rodgers and the Pack. Rodgers has been sacked three times; Brady zero times.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2020, 07:24:39 PM »
The Buccaneers are 4-2 having won 4 of their last 5. Brady's Buccaneers are having a better time of it than his old team, as the Patriots lost to the Broncos and are 2-3.

One note of interest: After catching his 1st Buccaneers touchdown, the Gronk has 80 career touchdown becoming only the 3rd tight end to achieve this mark. Antonio Gates retired with 116 and Tony Gonzalez retired with 111. Time will tell if any other tight ends join the 3 Gs in the 80 touchdown club.

Edit: They just showed a fact at the end of the game that the Buccaneers had NO penalties today for the 2nd time in franchise history with the 1st being 12/18/1983.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:34:53 PM by moneygamelover »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2020, 07:59:47 PM »
Tampa and New England were actually closer than that before today.  Several thought Green Bay would win, and I didn't think New England would lose at home to Denver.  The Bucs did have an extended break, but that would be an excuse for the Packers, since they were on a bye a week ago

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2020, 11:30:53 PM »
My Cardinals are now 4-2 after Kyler Murray threw 2 touchdowns and ran for another in a 38-10 win over a Cowboys team, to be blunt about it, played like kindergarteners tonight.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs ran 46 times for 245 yards in a 26-17 win over the Bills in rainy Buffalo to get to 5-1. The 46 rushing attempts are a single game record for an Andy Reid coached team.