Author Topic: 2020 NFL Season  (Read 44340 times)

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: 2020 NFL Season
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2020, 11:43:57 AM »
That was the best Thanksgiving game I've seen in awhile. Nothing like seeing the Redskins beat up the Cowboys on Thanksgiving afternoon to make it a great day.

I'd be happy about 1st place in the NFC East too but that's hardly much of a prize.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2020, 03:08:43 PM »
This is correct. I was off on the Giants by a game. If the Giants win then they and Washington will both be 4-7 but the Giants won the head to head.

I don't see any way Ravens-Steelers can be played on Sunday with the Ravens situation. I wonder if the NFL might just cancel this game and invoke the 8 playoff teams per conference due to canceled games scenario.

The game has been moved to Tuesday.  Which isn't a surprise before the announcement.  Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin cancelled practice ahead of the breaking news

As mentioned, the Giants have position on Washington & will move to first place with a win at Cincinnati.  However, the good news for Washington is that New York's remaining schedule is brutal (including games against Seattle, Cleveland, and Baltimore)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:13:40 PM by SeaBreeze341 »
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2020, 05:27:27 PM »
Big changes in Detroit.  I was all but certain Patricia & Quinn would get tossed at seasons-end, but I didn't think it would be now.  Though it made sense (and I saw a mention of it somewhere).

Steelers are now dealing with their own Covid issues, and San Francisco can no longer play their games in their state.  The Niners have games at home scheduled for December 7th & 13th.  I'm not sure how a bubble plan would kill the league, but I guess I'd like to know if there is a way someone dies from playing in a bubble (mainly late season & the postseason)

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2020, 06:57:51 PM »
San Francisco can no longer play their games in their state.  The Niners have games at home scheduled for December 7th & 13th.  I'm not sure how a bubble plan would kill the league, but I guess I'd like to know if there is a way someone dies from playing in a bubble (mainly late season & the postseason)

Slight correction: it's a county mandate, not a state one, that's preventing the 49ers from playing at their home stadium. (The Rams and Chargers can still play in L.A., at least as of the time I'm typing this.) So they could play at one of the college stadiums in the nearby area, though Stanford and San Jose State are both in Santa Clara county, so they'd have to go a bit farther afield.

Regarding a bubble, it won't work for the regular season, even late regular season. There are just too many games to play (16 per week), so they'd need multiple bubbles and teams would have to consistently travel between the bubbles, which defeats the purpose of a bubble. I could see a bubble working starting in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 07:04:32 PM by LiteBulb88 »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2020, 08:14:15 PM »
Or the Niners could just travel across the Bay Bridge and play in the Coliseum... not like the Raiders are using it anymore...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2020, 11:08:58 PM »
The Denver Broncos have a big problem due to COVID also-- none of the quarterbacks on their roster are eligible to play in tomorrow's game because they have been placed on the Reserve/COVID list. Practice squad WR Kendall Hinton will be their starting quarterback for the game against the Saints. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30408624/sources-denver-broncos-qbs-ruled-ineligible-vs-new-orleans-saints

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2020, 03:49:52 PM »
Atlanta, a 3-point underdog, is taking Las Vegas to the woodshed. The Raiders have been shooting themselves in both feet with turnovers and Atlanta has been capitalizing. Late in the third, 30-6 Atlanta. (Fingers crossed they don't go vanilla from this point on.)
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2020, 04:03:05 PM »
And the 4-7 New York Giants are in first place, barley beating the Bengals 19-17. It's their first 3-game winning streak in four years  :-D :-D
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2020, 04:13:57 PM »
My Cardinals suffer a surprising loss in New England. Unfortunately, Zane Gonzalez missed a late 45 yard field goal to take the lead and Nick Folk won the game at the buzzer for the Patriots for a 50 yarder. The Cardinals are slipping and may well miss the playoffs now as they have to play the Rams twice.

The Browns are 8-3 and poised to end the NFL'S longest playoff drought (2002)

The Bills are 8-3 and well positioned to win their 1st AFC East title since 1995. Still may come down to beating the Dolphins head to head.

I know the MVP race is mostly about quarterbacks and Patrick Mahomes is the rightful leader right now, but man Derrick Henry deserves consideration. Derrick Henry is the best running back in the NFL since prime Adrian Peterson and easily the best running back in Titans history.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2020, 04:15:08 PM »
Atlanta, a 3-point underdog, is taking Las Vegas to the woodshed. The Raiders have been shooting themselves in both feet with turnovers and Atlanta has been capitalizing. Late in the third, 30-6 Atlanta. (Fingers crossed they don't go vanilla from this point on.)

It's the old West Coast team travelling to the East Coast for a 10:00 PST game.  Maybe I could've been wrong thinking the Raiders were going to win, but I did not expect this beatdown!  The Raiders travelled to Pittsburgh 11 years ago (minus a week) in non-ideal weather, but ended up winning.  Likely a situation of not being ready.  The Harbaugh era Niners used to win these games when they had them.

And the 4-7 New York Giants are in first place, barley beating the Bengals 19-17. It's their first 3-game winning streak in four years  :-D :-D

Probably the first time in forever I actually picked the Giants correctly.  As they should've won; if Burrow had played I don't know or think New York would've won the game

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2020, 07:34:24 PM »
The torch has been passed from Brady to Mahomes. The Chiefs beat the Buccaneers 27-24 as Mahomes threw for an incredible 462 yards and 3 touchdowns. Brady did throw for 345 yards and 3 touchdowns but also had 2 costly interceptions. Ultimately, Unitas was the quarterback of the 60/70s era, Montana was the quarterback of the 80s/90s era, Brady was the quarterback of the 00s/10s era, and now Mahomes is the quarterback of the 20s/30s era. Unitas, Montana, Brady, and Mahomes make up my Mount Rushmore of quarterbacks.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2020, 08:55:22 PM »
Do you think that Mahomes (and Reid) can do enough to pass Brady & Belichick as the best duo ever?  I don't know how long Coach Andy will stay on with Kansas City or even in the NFL, but I guess they could be on pace to accomplish more than Bill and Tom by the end of the decade.  Kansas City can't win 17 division titles in 10 seasons, but it is possible that they can win 6 or more Superbowls & 9-10 AFC Titles before 2030.

Meanwhile, that Saints/Broncos game looked exactly the way I expected it to look any other day.  And I forgot that Richard Sherman was returning today; San Francisco escaped against the Rams and swept them.  That NFC West is basically the reverse of the NFC East.  The former could've had a team with a winning record in last place if it hadn't been for the Niners' awful luck in terms of injuries

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2020, 09:42:33 PM »
Do you think that Mahomes (and Reid) can do enough to pass Brady & Belichick as the best duo ever?  I don't know how long Coach Andy will stay on with Kansas City or even in the NFL, but I guess they could be on pace to accomplish more than Bill and Tom by the end of the decade.  Kansas City can't win 17 division titles in 10 seasons, but it is possible that they can win 6 or more Superbowls & 9-10 AFC Titles before 2030.

Meanwhile, that Saints/Broncos game looked exactly the way I expected it to look any other day.  And I forgot that Richard Sherman was returning today; San Francisco escaped against the Rams and swept them.  That NFC West is basically the reverse of the NFC East.  The former could've had a team with a winning record in last place if it hadn't been for the Niners' awful luck in terms of injuries

Brady's status as the GOAT quarterback is secure for awhile  (IMO the overall NFL GOAT debate is pretty much down to Tom Brady vs Jerry Rice.) However, I do think Mahomes will get multiple rings. As for Reid, I have no feel for how long he'll coach.

With the Cardinals and Buccaneers fadi, there might be a chance for the 49ers and Vikings to make playoff pushes as both are only game out of 7th place in the NFC with both the 49ers and Vikings wins today. The Vikings did screw the pooch by losing to the Cowboys last Sunday though.

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2020, 07:55:30 PM »
Ravens/Steelers postponed again, to Wednesday. They're desperate to get that game in.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2020, 08:03:58 PM »
In addition, Steelers-Washington has been moved from Sunday to Monday and Cowboys-Ravens, which was originally Thursday, has been moved again from Monday to Tuesday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30423599/baltimore-ravens-pittsburgh-steelers-game-postponed-again-wednesday-source-says