Author Topic: Season 49  (Read 5703 times)

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Season 49
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2020, 08:44:30 PM »
Mike Richards told me Do-It-Yourself showcases are coming back, but the contestant has to do everything themselves, including model the prizes and reveal their bids.

And it's sponsored by Big W.

You scared me there for a minute - I thought you said Group W, in which case, we wouldn't have to worry about any of this, as TPIR would be pre-empted by a talk show.

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2020, 01:42:09 PM »
To move this thread back in a more serious direction, as we’re approaching the point where the new season would normally be starting, do you think we’ll get a status update from the production team pretty soon, to let the viewers know where things stand? Assuming a worst case scenario where the entire season has to be scrapped, how does that work for the show staff? I would imagine as host, Drew gets paid out no matter what whether the show goes on or not, right? Or is it standard practice for contracts to include an out clause where they could eventually stop paying him? What about the dozens and dozens of production staff and stage crew members that make the show go? I’m sure they get some level of protection from their Union, at some point they probably all start looking for new work, if they haven’t already?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2020, 02:49:41 PM »
I would guess we're not going to hear anything until they actually plan to start taping again. It would be interesting to see what discussions they've had both internally and with CBS and Fremantle regarding starting up and how they would do the show in this environment. Given the necessity of an audience since the contestants are pulled from the audience and the amount of reruns at their disposal, I'm guessing we're months away from resuming.

Offline EvilChameleon

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2020, 06:51:32 PM »
I think the best case scenario is taping for season 49 starting next Summer, whenever taping normally starts. Early July? Late July? Just tell everyone to relax for a year, there's no rush.

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2020, 01:39:20 AM »
Well, it looks as though the virus might be quelled sooner than we think. So, anything can happen at this stage, but, of course, better safe than sorry.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • The youngest LFAT on these boards
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 01:43:03 AM »
BuzzerBlog reported that LMAD is having contestant interviews over Zoom. I understand it's not one-to-one with Price, but that still means CBS is trying to get the game shows back on the air soon.
Reminding you about 1932... when Richard Dawson was born. I will remember $19.32, even after he Checked-Out. Feud will never be the same without you.

HYO total winnings: $probably like $200k + Canadian dollars

Real life winnings: $300 + $800 in gift cards

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2020, 01:53:28 PM »
Well, it looks as though the virus might be quelled sooner than we think.

On what do you base this?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Online PayingTheRent

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2020, 02:22:53 PM »
On what do you base this?

AstraZeneca was in the the news yesterday for their efforts to ramp up vaccine production.  Who knows how long it will take for a vaccine to become widely available enough for us to return to “normal,” but the news is certainly encouraging.  I guess it’s a matter of how one defines the word “soon” with regards to when we can officially bury this thing.  Truly, no one knows at this point.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

Online Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2020, 08:32:42 PM »
It is important to bear in mind - if they release a vaccine tomorrow, it’ll still be many many months before enough people have a chance to be vaccinated for it to be safe enough to go back to the way things were before.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2020, 10:18:31 PM »
And there is much we don’t know. How long would a potential vaccine be good for? How many people will take/refuse it? What will those numbers mean in terms of lowering the transmission rate? Will some permutation of other measures (masks, distancing) remain recommended?

Long, long way to go before we may really be done with this thing, to the extent such a thought is even possible.

Online urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2020, 10:39:27 PM »
I think the show might try something different- even temporarily- because doing "socially distanced" or "Zoom specials" could bring the show some good attention.

They could also...do what Thailand has done (which i sorta like). https://youtu.be/MfYo1zHphZ4

Online SeaBreeze341

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2020, 11:12:20 PM »
And there is much we don’t know. How long would a potential vaccine be good for? How many people will take/refuse it? What will those numbers mean in terms of lowering the transmission rate? Will some permutation of other measures (masks, distancing) remain recommended?

Long, long way to go before we may really be done with this thing, to the extent such a thought is even possible.

Definitely a long way to go.  However, the fact that there's optimism that the end is possible-to-definite (though maybe not definite enough as it relates to the "old normal") is fair enough.  I can't imagine that it'll be a rapid process from where we are today to where we were in early March.  I think it'll be gradual at first post-vaccine
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2020, 08:10:07 AM »
They could also...do what Thailand has done (which i sorta like). https://youtu.be/MfYo1zHphZ4

That's from Indonesia.

And I insist we select all contestants via dance party when the show returns.

Online urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2020, 03:58:56 PM »
That...is an old fashioned memory block. My mistake.

Also, yes, contestants should dance. From now on.

Offline jude_este

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2020, 02:10:41 PM »
Sharing the link that urbanpreppie0004 posted in the Television City virus outbreak thread in Out In Left Field. As they have a casting call already out.

https://fremantle.formstack.com/forms/the_price_is_right_2020?fbclid=IwAR34F9M2N1_FuKHVEvTsXUBwHA_Gx2-rsUBqRhUVwJToxszMMLU9BLRTAUI