Author Topic: Price Is Right Casting and Resumption of Tapings  (Read 23380 times)

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Price Is Right Casting and Resumption of Tapings
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2020, 10:18:44 AM »
Probably still three.

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2020, 05:50:01 PM »
There is a significant difference between taping a show where the set never changes and the camera blocking is the same in every episode and taping a show where a wide assortment of large set pieces are changed between every single act.

Yeah, definitely a good point—especially when the show is an hour long. I thought that not having a large audience would help things a bit but maybe I’m wrong.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2020, 07:00:21 PM »
Jeopardy! announced on their twitter that new episodes are coming soon. Given that they’re going back to the last two weeks, it seems they’re shooting for a September 14th season premiere.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2020, 08:46:01 PM »
Three is definitely the maximum. I left when the maximum was two per day and that was already a full day of work.

I don't know what the staff and crew schedule is on a three-show day, but the On Camera Audience website listed the first audience arrival time at 8:30 in the morning. There's no indication of what the exit time was expected to be, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say 7:00 at night (that's three and a half hours after the third audience arrival time, which roughly matches the other durations on the three-show days). Audience load-in is only about 15–20 minutes (and there's activity going on backstage while that happens), so moving the audience in and out does not affect the schedule by much in the grand scheme of things (and there would have to be time for loading in and out in the middle of the day when everybody breaks for lunch).

Also, they're not going to tape seven days a week for six weeks in a row.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2020, 10:20:12 PM »

Also, they're not going to tape seven days a week for six weeks in a row.

Yeah, brain glitch on my part. I was rolling with the idea and was solely focused on the math.

I’m guessing we’ll see a pretty big change in the audience section since too many empty seats would look strange—that is if they do go with having a reduced group for this season (and I assume they would as I said in previous posts... only way I can see this working).

I would love to see contestants be able to play/compete for the whole week too. It would keep me locked in to watch & root for contestants I like. Really interested in how this TV season will work out for the show.

It would be nice for the show to go back to normal by its 50th anniversary but who knows... Still too many people not taking this pandemic seriously.   :-(

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2020, 03:20:58 PM »
I told a friend of mine about it, and they got a callback from a Producer. Apparently the audience will contain 30 contestants. They will tape 3 shows with the same 30 contestants.

So if you are picked as a contestant, you will have a 90 percent chance of being on the show.

Offline Archviler

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2020, 03:24:24 PM »
That's pretty awesome odds. Just hope you aren't one of the odd ones out.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »
Jeopardy! announced on their twitter that new episodes are coming soon. Given that they’re going back to the last two weeks, it seems they’re shooting for a September 14th season premiere.

That would make sense, since Wheel is already confirmed (by email to their Wheel Watchers Club) to be starting that date.

Offline EvilChameleon

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2020, 04:09:06 PM »
So three shows a day, 43 days, that's 129 shows. Start airing them on, oh, November 30th... that would take us until May 27th.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2020, 06:17:56 PM »
So three shows a day, 43 days, that's 129 shows. Start airing them on, oh, November 30th... that would take us until May 27th.
If you think they're going to tape 7 days a week... I doubt we'll get anywhere close to that many shows.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2020, 06:20:34 PM »
I told a friend of mine about it, and they got a callback from a Producer. Apparently the audience will contain 30 contestants. They will tape 3 shows with the same 30 contestants.

So if you are picked as a contestant, you will have a 90 percent chance of being on the show.

It's going to be a long day for the contestants. Yes, things will move quicker than usual since they won't have to go through all the interviews, but still, by the time the third show rolls around, people in the audience are likely going to be tired.

As Scott mentioned above, there is no way they're going to tape 7 days a week. I'd be surprised if they taped 5 days a week, as these will be long days.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2020, 06:43:22 PM »
That's pretty awesome odds. Just hope you aren't one of the odd ones out.

I wouldn't be able to speak for the 10% of those that didn't make it, but if that were me, I'd be okay with it.  I wouldn't have to wait 10 years to return, which is not a guarantee that I'd return or be selected.  Instead, it could be rather soon where things could be back to normal.  Obviously it'll go back to a long-shot of being picked, in addition to being available for the show.  Anyway, 9/10 is awesome regardless of what's going on.

Based on the above, I have to say I'm a little surprised that they're even taping 3 shows to start, let alone 4 or 5

"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2020, 06:56:49 PM »
Where is the 6 weeks of taping coming from?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2020, 08:19:01 PM »
The first post in this thread shows tapings going from September 21 to November 2.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2020, 08:54:00 PM »
Assuming three shows a day stick, I would bet three days a week (assuming no studio 33 conflicts...Mon/Wed/Fri?) over six weeks is 54 shows.  If that works, you could do another batch January to March for another 54 for a 108 episode season?
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP