Author Topic: tpiradam's Price is Right - REWIND EDITION  (Read 24019 times)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
tpiradam's Price is Right - REWIND EDITION
« on: September 06, 2020, 01:23:04 PM »
Hello all! It is time for another edition of tpiradam's Price is Right! Celebrating just over one year since being reborn! To celebrate I have decided to follow in the footsteps of other great HYO hosts on this site and do a flashback style episode. Buckle up those seatbelts because this time capsule is taking a ride all the way back to...

Season 16

But with a twist! Instead of using an old lineup with modern prizes, I'm using an old lineup with prizes from that era. Be prepared to adjust for inflation as every prize offered on this show will come straight out of 1987/1988. To become eligible to participate all you need to do is respond saying you're interested. To be considered for a spot in contestant's row what I'd like to hear is simple: Tell me your favourite memory from that time period. Whether it's a favourite toy or song or something you saw on TPIR, the most well thought-out answers will be selected as contestants. If you, like me, were not born yet at that period or you don't remember that far back no worries! Just tell me something about that time period that you would've loved to have experienced. Sign ups will be open until the completion of Rockyboy's show. If his show ends before Wednesday night sign ups will close then!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 05:40:25 PM by therealcu2010 »

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - REWIND EDITION (Signups)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 01:31:59 PM »
I am interested. I love the game Add Em Up on The Price Is Right.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 01:43:38 PM »
I'll play!

I'd love to go back to Showbiz Pizza, back in it's heyday! Classic arcade games a-plenty!
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 02:34:15 PM »
Hmm...I'd want to experience the technology of the era, especially video games and software for PCs. Just to see how they began and how they evolved to what we have today.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline rockyboy34

• In the Audience
  • This gives me life.
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 07:24:12 PM »
One Thing: The Nintendo Entertainment System (and all of its accessories)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 08:29:17 PM »
I have neglected to point out that due to the prizes being from 1987/1988 that the prices of those prizes are from that era as well as opposed to adjusted to 2020 prices.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 08:55:20 PM »
I'm in!

My favorite memory of 1987/1988 is well... my birth. So since I was just born, I don't really really have personal memories from those years.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 02:01:11 AM »
I'm definitely in on this one! The 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 10:25:05 AM »
I was born during the next season. I’ll pick Wheel of Fortune going to all cash in the nighttime version. It’s served the show quite well after they dropped shopping.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 05:43:03 PM »
I'm in! I'll go for August 8, 1988 (8/8/88). A number of things happened that day:

• Princess Beatrice was born that day in London.
  • The Cubs played their first night game ever that day against my beloved Phillies. The first home run ever under the lights at Wrigley Field was hit by Phil Bradley, but sadly, the game was rained out before it became an official game.
  • And perhaps most importantly, it was my 10th birthday :-D.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 08:32:03 AM »
I would love to join.

Wasn't born yet and I know it's a bit out in left field, but the crazy story behind possibly the first computer virus ever in 1987 would probably get my vote.

I'd explain it, but I think this explains it better than I can.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 07:48:15 PM »
While we do have enough signed up I am extending the deadline to tomorrow night at least so that rockyboy's show can finish before I start mine.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 07:37:51 PM »
I'll throw my hat in the ring for this one!

I wasn't born yet either, but something from the 1987-1988 time period I would love to have experienced are my two favorite game shows, The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune. In my opinion, both shows hit a creative peak of sorts during this season.

As a whole, 1986-1993 is probably my favorite period for Price is Right... and Season 16 may be the best one from that period. Possibly Bob's best hosting style ever (not as talkative as in the 70s, but still very interactive with contestants), and definitely Rod Roddy at his best. I love how early on during his TPIR tenure, he announced most of the IUFBs with his low, radio-type voice, but brought the excitement in at full force elsewhere.

As for Wheel, Season 5 of the nighttime show brought on the play for cash element, and it's my favorite season of Wheel in the 80s. Everything good about the show was present during this season... great contestants, great prizes, great gameplay, and Vanna looked her best. Pat started to loosen up a bit with his hosting style, and was obviously happy shopping was gone. Although his best years ever were probably 1995-1998, which also may be the highest peak of production for the show overall.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 10:18:02 PM »
I would love to join.

Wasn't born yet and I know it's a bit out in left field, but the crazy story behind possibly the first computer virus ever in 1987 would probably get my vote.

I'd explain it, but I think this explains it better than I can.

Such childish behavior. Here's a video about the origins of the Rickroll.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - REWIND EDITION - IUFB#1
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 08:22:32 PM »
Generic Announcer: HEEEEEERE IT COMES! TELEVISIONS MOST EXCITING HOUR OF FANTASTIC PRIZES! THE FABULOUS 60-MINUTE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Plinkoman, COME ON DOWN!

LiteBulb88, COME ON DOWN!

123123123, COME ON DOWN!

and William, COME ON DOWN!

YOU ARE THE FIRST FOUR CONTESTANT'S AS WE TRAVEL BACK IN TIME TO 1988 FOR TPIRADAM'S PRICE IS RIGHT! AND NOW HERE'S THE STAR OF THE PRICE IS RIGHT...TPIRADAM!

I thank you very much! I hope everyone enjoys their visit to 1988! Let's have a look at the first item up for bids today!...

GA: A beautiful bed!

From Wesley Allen this elegantly crafted 'Andover' Queen-Size White Iron Bed! Trimmed in brass, an elegant addition to your child's, guest or master bedroom, from Wesley Allen. And for a comfortable night's sleep this new flotation system. Wavecrest 'Stratford' flotation sleep system. Fits any décor, uses standard sized sheets with blankets and headboard. Enjoy all the benefits of a waterbed, from Wavecrest!

That bed is yours if you are the one who bids closest to the actual retail price without going over. William, what say you?