Author Topic: Fall/Winter Rerun Schedule: Past Drew Seasons  (Read 16763 times)

Offline tpirguyMN

• In the Audience
Re: Fall/Winter Rerun Schedule: Past Drew Seasons
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 11:00:58 PM »
They had an on-screen graphic that said, "All this week we're taking a look back at 'Celebrity Charity Week'...and from 2012, we're going to kick it off with...Snoop Dogg!"

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 12:21:05 PM »
Damn the show looked good in Season 40.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 10:50:06 AM »
I just realized... the air dates for the 44th season premiere week (Decades Week) actually fell on the same calendar dates in 2015 as they do this year.  It’s a very nit picky detail that literally no one would have noticed, but had they re-aired that week of episodes this week as opposed to next week, the shows would have been airing on the five-year anniversary of their original air dates.  Just a neat little tidbit there. 😝
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »
I just realized... the air dates for the 44th season premiere week (Decades Week) actually fell on the same calendar dates in 2015 as they do this year.  It’s a very nit picky detail that literally no one would have noticed, but had they re-aired that week of episodes this week as opposed to next week, the shows would have been airing on the five-year anniversary of their original air dates.  Just a neat little tidbit there. 😝

Kinda too bad they didn't air them that way. But oh well.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 11:02:12 PM »
They updated the rerun schedule to the week of Oct. 26
Someone else can update the info , but based on the episode numbers:

Week of Oct. 5 looks like a Best of Celebrity Appearances week.
Week of Oct. 12 is the Top 5 biggest daytime winners ever. They are airing the episodes from #5 to #1 , in that order , on the all time list.
Week of Oct. 19 is the week that was originally supposed to air this week.
Week of Oct. 26 is best of the Halloween shows ( monster show from 2013 , the all Drew show from 2015 , and the most recent 3 Halloween shows )

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 11:30:16 PM »
With these additions, it’s pretty clear they are aiming to stay within both Drew and George’s era of the show, which is totally understandable.  With taping set to resume soon, I wonder if these air dates will take us to the end of repeats before new shows begin airing in November?
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2020, 11:58:43 PM »
I think it's pretty likely they stay within the Drew and George era and not go back any earlier.

They updated the rerun schedule to the week of Oct. 26
Someone else can update the info , but based on the episode numbers:

Week of Oct. 5 looks like a Best of Celebrity Appearances week.
Week of Oct. 12 is the Top 5 biggest daytime winners ever. They are airing the episodes from #5 to #1 , in that order , on the all time list.
Week of Oct. 19 is the week that was originally supposed to air this week.
Week of Oct. 26 is best of the Halloween shows ( monster show from 2013 , the all Drew show from 2015 , and the most recent 3 Halloween shows )
I figured top 5 daytime winners would be one of the weeks, and rerunning Halloween episodes the last week of October makes sense of course. I wonder why they switched to the celebrity host theme this week and moved the episodes originally scheduled to the week of October 19 (which includes the April Fools 2015 episode with Bob hosting the first segment rerunning October 22).

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 11:40:23 AM »
To me the one thing about the week of Oct. 19 , based on the episodes chosen , its probably a fan appreciation week.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 05:34:43 PM »
Yeah, there’s no need to go back to the pre 2011.  Personally, and similar to how certain episodes weren’t rerun in the Barker-era, it would confuse the home viewers.  I really didn’t care too much about the episodes from Seasons 36-38 (save for a handful of historic and exciting, unprecedented moments). 39-40 were trending positively.

Anyway, great rerun schedule.  However, good thing those are just that: reruns.  I say that, and I kind of hate to bring it up, but FYI: I imagine there will be at least a ton of preemptions during this period with hearings in October within the home-stretch toward Election Day. 

Just a warning that may (or may not play out); basically it’s similar to 2018, except in 2018 those were first-run episodes
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 09:43:02 PM »
I'm guessing their reason for not going back further than season 40 (maybe season 39 after George became announcer) is not to avoid viewer confusion as much as it is the lower quality of seasons 36-39 and having Rich Fields announcing followed by the mostly subpar tryouts in season 39 and pre-weight loss Drew in seasons 36-38.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 12:52:27 PM »
FYI: I imagine there will be at least a ton of preemptions during this period with hearings in October within the home-stretch toward Election Day. 
Per NBC News, hearings are slated to start October 12.

Damn the show looked good in Season 40.
YES.  Simpler than today, better than the Barker era.  Wish they would have left it alone.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• 4/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • First person to ever see $2.75 in Pocket
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2020, 09:18:46 PM »
I completely missed all these -- I assumed they weren't going to air any "special" reruns, so I just quit watching and let the recordings pile up.

It's really weird getting HD recordings of these shows -- when they originally aired, all I had was a VCR and a Trinitron, so my watching experience was never that great. My copies of the S44 premiere week were absolutely atrocious, and I missed half the week, so it'll be neat to see those again, especially, in my opinion, because of the classic music cues.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did
Oops, that isn't true anymore

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2020, 09:03:32 AM »
Per NBC News, hearings are slated to start October 12.

That’s good to know. I’ve heard October 5.  I do not recall what the coverage was in 2016 as it relates to whether they’ll interfere with Price (and LMAD); I do recall people being upset a couple years back that the coverage was overdone, even though it was a rather big deal.

YES.  Simpler than today, better than the Barker era.  Wish they would have left it alone.

I’m only speaking for myself, but as great as Season 40 was, I’ll never put that over anything within the Barker era.  At least most of the show’s first 35 years.  Pretty much the same case post S40, and definitely the four years prior to that.  I think by that time (2011) the show had established itself as Drew’s show with Carey being the face of TPIR (making reference to something Mike Richards hoped for).  I may have my preferences, but I appreciate & admire both the past and the current era

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2020, 09:51:30 AM »
Who are the top 5 daytime winners?

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2020, 09:55:42 AM »
Here is a list.  That includes more than the Top 5 winners