Author Topic: Deadline Hollywood Exclusive on Season 49  (Read 17181 times)

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Deadline Hollywood Exclusive on Season 49
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 02:12:23 PM »
This is an impressive design to adapt to the current environment. In fact, this is even further adaptable. When the day comes and we can return to large audiences, they could toss up seating on each side of the monitor for 100 or so people each.
They could also move the show to CBS Studio Center someday and you'd probably never know.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 03:08:29 PM »
When I heard the show was going to film in October, I was really confused as to HOW it was going to be done.
Now see the picture and reading the article, I give the show staff a massive kudos on being able to do a regular show with these modifications.
Hopefully these changes are short-lived, and we can have a "normal" show soon, but I am very impressed with what they were able to do.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 03:12:31 PM »
Drew is keeping his new beard for the new season
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF-QLblHlO8/

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2020, 03:52:01 PM »
I wonder whether they'll even bother to have the jib camera. I know they used it for a couple of the games (for example, the Plinko reveal), but its primary function always seemed to be to take sweeping shots of the audience.

It seems to have become an integral part of the newer games with flyaway signage, like Time is Money and Hot Seat.  They don't incorporate a lot of jib movement into those games, but the jib provides the extra height you need to get a full view of the whole set up.

Heck, with the lack of excitement behind the contestants, I can see them getting more jibby with it in other parts of the show to try to compensate, like doing a big follow of the contestants from the podium to the stage.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2020, 06:10:36 PM »
Wow, the set looks great, it's giving me Double Dare 2000 vibes. It sound like they really put in a lot of effort to get to this point, can't wait to see the final product.

One thing I'm really excited to see is the different game/set changes. I doubt any games rules need to be changed too drastically, but with no audience seating, they'll have a field day with some new camera angles/staging combos.

Offline Brianlego98

• Outside in Line
    • N/A
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 06:23:31 PM »
I also thought of some Showcase changes, the showcase podiums might be six feet apart just like the bidders' row podiums, and Rat Race should be redesigned to promote social distancing between the rats, will there be any additional changes to the games?

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 07:09:40 PM »
A possible positive through all of this could be seeing more playing's of games that in recent years that have not gotten so many. If they do 3 shows a day = 18 games, I assume they won't use the same games the same day/possibly the same week due to covid cleaning so that would be 54 different games used a filming week. Obviously this is speculation but it could be a good thing for different line ups etc.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2020, 08:29:05 PM »
Social distancing between the (fake) rats? Huh?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2020, 09:53:13 PM »
Just really strange not seeing the audience seats on the set, but it's better to cover it up rather than draw attention to the audience not being there. Not surprised they'll still be using "Come on down!," it's the most iconic aspect of the show and it's just too hard to imagine it not being used even if there's nobody in the audience.

The new look and feel of the show and especially not having an audience are definitely going to need some getting used to but it'll be very interesting to see how it comes together. It looks great from the picture in the article, and the crew clearly put a lot of thought in to making this work. Just hope the show will have the same kind of energy that the audience gives.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2020, 10:05:35 PM »
The energy will be difficult to emulate, I think.  Maybe not, but it'll be interesting to see.  With no fanbase, it'll feel like some of those Poker Shows that have been on television over the past 15-20 years.  Not the WSOP, but High Stakes Poker as well as the poker games sponsored by several (online) poker companies.

Just my opinion, but I'm sure the show will do their best to get everyone excited.  It's not a moral imperative, but it's rather amazing that we'll be seeing the show return in general
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2020, 12:05:15 AM »
As everyone has stated, kudos to the staff for working all of this out with the proper health professionals and crew at Television City. Kudos to the folks at Fremantle in general for working so hard to get their shows back on track and on the air.

Randy West had previously said to look at Real Time with Bill Maher for a hint at this and he was right. Real Time now has a limited audience in regular chairs on the same level as the stage. So, the audience has been filled in for a few weeks now.

To be honest, it's not a surprise that they plan on keeping all 77 games in the rotation. Almost all of them can be done with distance, changed positioning or slight modification.

A possible positive through all of this could be seeing more playing's of games that in recent years that have not gotten so many. If they do 3 shows a day = 18 games, I assume they won't use the same games the same day/possibly the same week due to covid cleaning so that would be 54 different games used a filming week. Obviously this is speculation but it could be a good thing for different line ups etc.
I think it's plausible that they could record certain games in bulk and space out the airdates across time. Nothing crazy, but they could do three shows with two (or three) of the same games and air them on three separate weeks.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2020, 12:22:07 AM »
I think it's plausible that they could record certain games in bulk and space out the airdates across time. Nothing crazy, but they could do three shows with two (or three) of the same games and air them on three separate weeks.

Considering they did exactly this during the beginning of Drew's first season so he could learn games little by little, I can see the same thing happening here for sure.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2020, 01:01:15 AM »
All things considered, I'd say they've gone with the best possible solution.  It looks decent and it's not like they can't revert the studio back to the old setup once it eventually becomes safe to do so.

The actual retail price is...

Offline shell_game

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2020, 07:39:42 AM »
Holy smokes what a change. But I'm grateful that they have put a lot of thought into the details here.  It will be interesting to watch.

I wonder if the showcase participants will stand over where the new contestant's row folks now stand? They could use the center 2 spots. Or remove all 4 and replace the center 2 with the showcase podiums.

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2020, 10:37:39 AM »
This looks awesome! They did an amazing job with this redesign. Of course, as soon as it was posted on social media, people were flocking to Roger Dobkowitz's Facebook for his thoughts - and I was surprised that he actually had something positive to say. Of course, it was then followed up with a negative remark. He doesn't think Drew will host well with no audience as he is, at his core, a stand-up comedian and they don't usually play well unless there's an audience present. I really don't see that's being an issue. Drew's been doing this for 13 years now. I think he's got a handle on it and will do well. This is a strange time for everyone, so it's not going to be unusual if the mood is different than normal.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino