Author Topic: Some iteration of TPIR is returning to Buzzr  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Spmahn

• In Contestant's Row
Some iteration of TPIR is returning to Buzzr
« on: October 16, 2020, 07:08:55 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/1594990200717769/posts/2656256971257748/?extid=0&d=n

Seemingly some iteration of TPIR is returning to Buzzr on Saturdays at 10:30 am, common sense would assume it’s the Cullen episodes that have run in the past, but they also don’t tend to run B&W content during regular hours and relegate that stuff to late nights. Maybe there’s some hope that it’s Tom Kennedy?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 07:12:33 PM by Spmahn »

Offline BillyGr

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Some iteration of TPIR is returning to Buzzr
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 08:50:56 PM »
Could be - other of the "old show" channels have done things like that as a tribute after someone has passed away, so since this is the game show version of those channels they might do something similar.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 08:56:26 PM »
I mean, they originally ran Cullen Price on Sunday afternoons and not late night. The more interesting thing is that they only listed one time instead of a span of time (say 10:30am-12:30pm), because they tend to air their black and white programming in 40 minute slots, in order to run the original commercials that are with the copies, that they put in blocks (usually of three) to balance out the schedule.

Would be happy to have Cullen Price back, but if it's Barker, James, Kennedy, or Davidson, I'll rejoice in the streets.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 11:23:01 PM »
My guess is Kennedy. I'd love to see it....I think it's been asked about before, but GSN aired the full season of his run when they had it didn't they? Or did they only get through part of it?

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 06:08:58 PM »
My guess is Kennedy. I'd love to see it....I think it's been asked about before, but GSN aired the full season of his run when they had it didn't they? Or did they only get through part of it?

I've seen GSN episodes with a "Taped Feb. 1986" bug, and that was indeed the final month of taping. If they didn't get all the way through, they came darn close.

Offline wheelfan1991

• Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:24:58 AM »
I hope it is Kennedy Price. It would be a treat! Of course, I have seen a lot of speculation that they couldn't air those episodes since they feature Jan, Dian, and Holly. The issue would lie more with Dian and Holly as some felt Barker would prevent any episodes with their appearances being aired, at least while he is alive. I wasn't sure how much say-so he would have over episodes that did not include him, even behind-the-scenes.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:12:37 PM »
Buzzr corrected their Facebook post to specify that it will be Bill Cullen's TPiR.  :-(

Offline wheelfan1991

• Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 02:11:19 PM »
It doesn't surprise me. Thankfully, we have hundreds of hours of classic Price on YouTube. I don't imagine we'll see classic Barker/James/Kennedy episodes until Bob passes away, at which point they may have a bit more leeway in what gets aired. Unless the models have made it clear they don't want their episodes reran anywhere.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 02:39:28 PM »
Unless the models have made it clear they don't want their episodes reran anywhere.
Which to my knowledge they have not. AFAIK, it's always been Bob wanting to keep everything under lock and key.

Offline vnisanian2001

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 03:59:31 PM »
Still no word how TPIR will be presented.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 06:59:32 PM »
Still no word how TPIR will be presented.

It's Cullen.....was mentioned above they edited the post to say that.

Offline vnisanian2001

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 09:07:32 PM »
What I mean is how will it be formatted. B&W blocks never started at the bottom of the hour.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 10:02:07 PM »
They do now, obviously.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 10:48:30 PM »
EDIT: Disregard this....got my timing messed up mathematically.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 11:18:10 PM »
Which to my knowledge they have not. AFAIK, it's always been Bob wanting to keep everything under lock and key.
What exactly are you saying Bob is trying to keep under lock and key? Is Bob aware that there are hundreds of episodes on Youtube for the entire world to see?